Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Babin Wants to Stay- Would Be Willing to Take A Paycut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...e-his-step

The article is subscription required, but in it Babin talks about loving the Gus Bradley culture and his family liking the area, as well he hints at renegotiating to allow him to remain a Jag. All I can say is that I'm extremely impressed with the coaching staff and when guys like MJD and Babin express a willingness to play for you, I think it breeds long-term success. I would love to see Babin back, especially at a reduced rate.

Babin turned around a rough start and had proven to be valuable in the pass rush. I'd be all for bringing him back

We're going to win a Superbowl under Gus Bradley.. I'm calling it. 

As long as he plays like he has been since the bye then that's fine, before that his play was so selfish it killed us. The personal fouls, the jumping offside (not to mention even lining up offside.)

I'd like to see him back. I think he could still be effective if we get a little more help on the D-line.
Awesome
Really good news. You can feel that there's a really good vibe in the organisation. Given that we're in another losing season, but people aren't wanting to jump ship says it all.

Gus has such a positive warmth about him and is obviously a fantastic motivator. I'm feeling very positive about the future.

If we nail this draft, Blackmon comes back, resign MJD and Marks, and fill the holes through FA with our large cap space, who knows what this coaching team can accomplish
This is another example of how Gus' culture is winning over players. 

There have been a few here saying free agents won't be interested in coming to Jacksonville, but I think that when you hear guys like Babin or MJD expressing a desire to remain in Jacksonville because of the coach, the notion that other veterans wouldn't be interested in playing here starts to lose steam.  When you look at how much cap room this team has, and then toss in the way Gus coaches his guys, this may become a desired destination for players.

Babin is long in the tooth, but still able to get out there and make plays.  If he's flexible about his contract and a reasonable deal can be worked out, then I see no reason why the team should pass on the opportunity.

Get someone younger out there, if we only bring in 1 LEO i guess him being around wouldnt be bad. But Im expecting a decent FA plus one in the draft. Hes like 34 its time to move on.
He is still worth keeping around. He is really showing that he can still play this year. Rotate him in with a younger guy. 

Babin wants to stay? I wouldn't mind that... 

Dude, whatever Gus is selling, I'm buying in mass quantities..
What? A guy on the tail end of his career with low production and a knack for committing really killer penalties to keep the defense on the field really wants to stick around and even would be willing to take a pay cut instead of chancing the open market and no takers?

I'm shocked.

Quote:What? A guy on the tail end of his career with low production and a knack for committing really killer penalties to keep the defense on the field really wants to stick around and even would be willing to take a pay cut instead of chancing the open market and no takers?

I'm shocked.

Boo this man
We're getting Clowney next year so why not, he'll be a good speller for Clowney.

Quote:Get someone younger out there. If we only bring in 1 LEO i guess him being around wouldn't be bad. But Im expecting a decent FA plus one in the draft. Hes like 34 its time to move on.

Who cares if he is 34? That means he has a lot more experience than the rest of our defensive line. You want a decent free agent? That is what Babin was when we picked him up.

You must not be watching #58 on Sundays. I have been liking what I see. Your post needs a face palm.
Quote:We're getting Clowney next year so why not, he'll be a good speller for Clowney.

The Falcons probably will pick Clowney even if they have to trade up. I don't think David Caldwell wants a player who admitted he was a slacker in practice.
Good news. so happy with this new direction in Jacksonville. A fresh start with a great coach, who the players play hard for, even in losing. I mean this team is very talent depleted and somehow Gus managed to get us on a 3 game win streak. Really impressed. Caldwell is also another young bright mind that i think can turn this ship around. 

Good news for Babin, like Babin, he definitely will have to take a pay cut to stay, 6 million for an aging DE is a bit much, and even with the improvements in the pass rush, it still needs a star pass rusher. No reason to cut him if he comes cheaper, could be a veteran presence in the locker room and can still play. 

Quote:We're getting Clowney next year so why not, he'll be a good speller for Clowney.

"C-L-O-U-G-H-K-N-E-E"

"Cloughknee"
I'm indifferent towards Babin but man, all these old guys wanting  to hang on just to play for Bradley makes me giddy.

I think even the players realize the team is one good young QB away from making noise.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5