Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Final Games QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
What was interesting in the Caldwell interview was he still seemed pretty high on Gabbert. Do you think theres a chance Blaine could play in the final 2 games, especially with the playoffs being out of reach now.

Obviously this would make the tankers happy, but might be good to see Blaine playing under no real pressure. At this point, things cant possibly get any worse for him with regards to his future with the team

Seeing as the last two games are against AFCS teams and are both winnable, I doubt the make a change unless Henne flops big time.

I still wouldn't mind seeing Scott or Stanzi play some garbage time, but I think both games will be close til the end, so it wont happen.

Unless Henne gets hurt, I think he is the guy.

I would be tempted to turn off the TV if lame is on the field, watching him is sort of like watching Russian dash cam vids.

You know something bad is going to happen.........just wait. what? :confused:

Blaine is done, Gus is just being classy and not kicking a dog whiles he's down
I think we have to put the best QB (Henne) on the field, because it gives us a better look at the young WRs.   Put a worse QB in there and all you get is 3 and outs, and then you can't even evaluate the offensive line.  If Blaine is done, he's done.  Why put him back in there? 

Only way Gabbert gets in is if Henne gets hurt.
Agree with the majority Henne needs to remain in to see what the young WRs and TEs on the back end of the roster can do.

Maybe toss Scott out there for a quarter or 2 just to see him in some live action in the final 2 games.

Quote:Agree with the majority Henne needs to remain in to see what the young WRs and TEs on the back end of the roster can do.

Maybe toss Scott out there for a quarter or 2 just to see him in some live action in the final 2 games.

I believe it would be a complete disaster. He struggled in the fourth quarter of preseason games and in training camp. He was lucky to make the PS.
Quote:What was interesting in the Caldwell interview was he still seemed pretty high on Gabbert. Do you think theres a chance Blaine could play in the final 2 games, especially with the playoffs being out of reach now.

Obviously this would make the tankers happy, but might be good to see Blaine playing under no real pressure. At this point, things cant possibly get any worse for him with regards to his future with the team
Barring injury to Henne, there's not a chance Gabbert sees the field again this year regardless of what Caldwell is saying. The GM isn't going to trash a player in an interview, so sounding like he seems "pretty high on Gabbert" is nothing more than typical GM speak.
Quote:Barring injury to Henne, there's not a chance Gabbert sees the field again this year regardless of what Caldwell is saying. The GM isn't going to trash a player in an interview, so sounding like he seems "pretty high on Gabbert" is nothing more than typical GM speak.

Yep
I don't need to see more of Henne. He's captain checkdown and is obviously holding back the team from developing, but Gabbert wouldn't be an improvement, so I doubt they'll bother making a change if only to try to keep continuity for everyone else.

Caldwell was probably just trying to stir up some dumb team to give us a late round pick for him.

Quote:I believe it would be a complete disaster. He struggled in the fourth quarter of preseason games and in training camp. He was lucky to make the PS.

He struggled but i also saw some nice throws dropped by 4th quarter preseason caliber receivers and some mobility that is similiar to the type of QB Fisch and Bradley have talked about wanting (a threat with both legs and arm).

At least let him get a 4th quarter in and have him run some of the stuff Henne cant (PA rollouts where its designed to throw on the run ,read option , etc) and just see how defenses handle it.
Quote:He struggled but i also saw some nice throws dropped by 4th quarter preseason caliber receivers and some mobility that is similiar to the type of QB Fisch and Bradley have talked about wanting (a threat with both legs and arm).

At least let him get a 4th quarter in and have him run some of the stuff Henne cant (PA rollouts where its designed to throw on the run ,read option , etc) and just see how defenses handle it.

I think if the team was in a blowout either way, you might see someone come in for mop up duty. But Scott isn't even on the active roster, so it can't be him unless they move him up.
Quote:He struggled but i also saw some nice throws dropped by 4th quarter preseason caliber receivers and some mobility that is similiar to the type of QB Fisch and Bradley have talked about wanting (a threat with both legs and arm).

You don't pull your starting QB unless he is having a real stinker or its garbage time, no matter how much you want to have a look at another player.
At this point stanzi and gabbert just need to get cut.

Let them remain for this game since Scott would have to wait after being activated than cut them before the final game to make room for Scott and another developemental player( probably a WR or TE).

Play Henne until the 4th quarter of the final game and if we are down by more than 10 points bring Scott and the other unknown in for the experience.

I think Caldwell waits to see if anybody would give up a late round pick for Gabbert. I know it sounds funny but coaches have huge egos and think they can fix players. If not, he'll be cut in the spring. No sense in cutting him now.

If Blaine steps one foot on that field......Channel surfing will begin early in my household.  This job is Henne's until we draft Manzeil.

BG improvement has become apparent in practice and has been mentioned before. After only 2 3/4 games this year behind a terrible line and a unchanged offensive scheme that was not working, you could not grade how well or how poorly BG will be. I bet Caldwell keeps him goes forward next year with him untill he can draft the only elite QB coming out since Peyton, Winston. Or its GM speak then you really cant trust anything he says.

as off and on as Henne is it is night and day compared to Gabbert. Blaine had his chance to make this his team and be a productive player. We gave him more then enough time and chances. A lot of teams would have benched him his first year with the production we have seen if they had any kind of back-up. The guy has the physical ability but no knack for the NFL game. My eyes can't take anymore Blaine Gabbert games. 

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5