Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Now mathematically eliminated from playoff talk do you still want to win?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Yes I know what you're going to say....here comes the tanker again. But with two games left and a chance to stay at 3rd in the pick order and potentially get a top prospect such as Clowney, Bridgewater, or Barr? Curious....
I want the top prospect, it expedites the rebuilding process. I think we'll lose to both Titans and Colts and will be drafting 2nd in the 2014 NFL draft.

yes

Yea i still wanna win!! That loss yesterday was just enough in my opinion to still secure a decent draft pick..
I always want the team to win. Winning was not necessarily ever about having a chance to make the playoffs. That was a long shot. It's about seeing improvement from your young players. They've won 4 of 6 because of that improvement. Saying you don't want them to win is saying you don't want to see improvement.

Give me the draft position. The Jaguars have already done enough to mess that up.

Quote:I always want the team to win. Winning was not necessarily ever about having a chance to make the playoffs. That was a long shot. It's about seeing improvement from your young players. They've won 4 of 6 because of that improvement. Saying you don't want them to win is saying you don't want to see improvement.

No it's not, I understand where you're coming from but winning and improving are two separate entities. I feel this team improved against the Bills yesterday, especially considering the absence of CSIII, Cyprien, Will Rackley etc.. We were competitive against a talented team in Buffalo, it didn't translate to win, but it doesn't mean we didn't improve.

Teddy's Texan bound. Lets win & remain in the top 10 where we can grab the next best QB.
I'm a winner.

I always want to win.

I want to sweep the Titans and beat the Colts.  Ending the season with a 5-1 division record spells good things for next year, IMO.

Quote:Teddy's Texan bound. Lets win & remain in the top 10 where we can grab the next best QB.

I'm not sure if the Texans take Teddy, recent reports indicate his value around the league isn't as high as the fans/media's love affair with him. There are 5 legit blue-chip prospects at other positions in this draft, Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Barr, Sammy Watkins, Eric Ebron, & Jake Matthews are all elite prospects at their respective positions, I'd be happy with any of those players (except Matthews as we took a tackle last year).

Just win, baby!

Since I'll be at that Titans game I hope we win, but pragmatically as jumbled as the draft order is, I think it is probably better long term if we lose out.

For me this season was never about wins & losses, that's been the motto of this team the entire year and it's allowed players to focus on what really matters, and that's getting better each and every day, the rest will take care of itself.

Win
Quote:No it's not, I understand where you're coming from but winning and improving are two separate entities. I feel this team improved against the Bills yesterday, especially considering the absence of CSIII, Cyprien, Will Rackley etc.. We were competitive against a talented team in Buffalo, it didn't translate to win, but it doesn't mean we didn't improve.

Improving is the cause. Winning is the effect. If you want the team to improve, winning is a (unfortunate?) consequence.
Win. I am not going to pretend like this team hasn't passed on premium talent with some of their picks in the past.
Quote:Win. I am not going to pretend like this team hasn't passed on premium talent with some of their picks in the past.

That's a different front office. Seems like a lot of fans here like Dave and I agree, but why wouldn't you want an excellent GM to have a better pick ? He might find talent, but it's always better to have your pick of the litter.
Quote:Improving is the cause. Winning is the effect. If you want the team to improve, winning is a (unfortunate?) consequence.

I never said that, I said improving doesn't always correlate into winning, and vice versa. The Jaguars have improved in every phase of the game this year, we've seen a competitive team since the bye and I have no reason to believe that won't continue regardless of what happens against the Titans & Colts.
Quote:That's a different front office. Seems like a lot of fans here like Dave and I agree, but why wouldn't you want an excellent GM to have a better pick ? He might find talent, but it's always better to have your pick of the litter.

Because I want the Jags to win. And there are talented guys that don't go in the top 5.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5