Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Secondary tonight
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The secondary didn't show up tonight ...

I thought Gratz was just outmatched all night. I don't know we played with a lead the whole game and it seemed like when it came time to buckle up the chin strap we brought it. It wasn't a good performance for the unit though. They looked a bit star struck when Schaub came in the game.

Texans were taking notes from the Browns. And like the Browns, they lost
What are you talking about? Alan Ball showed up several times.

We won, must have done something...

Quote:We won, must have done something...

Yeah, it's called an interception. I have no idea how the OP missed that one.
Nobody should be expecting much from a secondary made up of rookies, one low-tier FA, and street FA - but they did underperform tonight.   The long drives in the second half had a lot to do with that - but they will have to improve if they expect to win another game not dependent on 160 yards of penalties. 

The lack of pass rush didn't help. Cyprien still has a long way to go mentally. Soon, the game will start slowing down for him. He seems to be thinking too much, rather than reading-reacting. I have faith he will still end up a cornerstone of the defense. Gratz had a bad game, kept slipping and falling, but he was going against Andre Johnson.
Gatz looked like he was playing on ice, barefoot. He fell twice on the same play for goodness sake. AJ straight up schooled the youngster. Its been a rough 2 weeks for Gratz, here's hoping the 10 days off gives him a chance to reset.
Quote:The lack of pass rush didn't help.

/thread
Gratz was slipping alot. Not sure if ti was on him or if he had bad cleats or something. In all, they wern't terrible, but not good. Andre Johnson could do this to any defense.

Jaggarnaut and jaguarwomen are yall serious? Because we won that means everyone on the team played well? HAHA!! Not to rain on our parade, but you do realize that we almost gave this game away! The fans expectations for our team are laughable.

Because we won, everybody did everything right. SMH!

Quote:Gratz was slipping alot. Not sure if ti was on him or if he had bad cleats or something. In all, they wern't terrible, but not good. Andre Johnson could do this to any defense.

I thought all players on each team are required to wear the same cleats. Shoes are part of their uniforms.

Slipping a lot on a dry field does not make any sense. The only thing I can think of is the player he covered running too fast.
Quote:Jaggernaut and JaguarsWoman are you all serious? Because we won that means everyone on the team played well? HAHA! Not to rain on our parade, but you do realize that we almost gave this game away! The fans expectations for our team are laughable.

This is why I cant respect a lot of opinions on this website. Because we won, everybody did everything right. SMH!

We played better than the other team, obviously. That is what matters - and the big W at the end.

MJD finally ran for over 100 yards. Marcedes Lewis caught a ball in double coverage and a touchdown pass. So we did have some bright spots. It is not like Houston was dominant all night except on the scoreboard.
Technically yes, the win is what matters. But the details of the game also matter and to say they don't is utterly ridiculous . First of all, we beat the Texans (wow). The Texans definitely helped the Jaguars with all those penalties. Even with the penalties, we still almost gave this game away!!! The Texans marched up and down the field on our secondary tonight. They even converted on 3rd and 20 during the game O_O. No they weren't dominant all night, just against our secondary....
Most of the yards when Schaub came in came against the middle of a zone defense, so the LBs were at fault for a lot of those yards. The CBs did get beat a decent amount too though.

They threw the ball 58 times tonight. They're bound to put up some kind of numbers.

I was more worried about our offensive output in the second half. Henne was on pace to put up some real numbers and Cecil/Sanders/Lewis were getting open. After halftime we had too many 3 and outs and if not for some crucial Texans penalties would have probably lost this game.

Quote:The secondary didn't show up tonight ...

We need a pass rush.   The QB had all night to throw on some of  those plays.   The 3rd and 20, for example, near the end of the game.   No one came within 10 yards of the QB.  
Quote:Henne was on pace to put up some real numbers.....

Henne had less than 80 yards in the first half. His numbers were not going to be great. The team showed fire and were playing like they were on a mission, but Henne was not that good tonight.

The team showed heart, but the other team had more penalty yards than our QB had passing yards.
Pages: 1 2 3