Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marcedes Lewis.. Don't look now,but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Yeah,yeah,yeah  -  Gene gave him a stupid contract prematurely.     HOWEVER -  until recently this offense has been (a) without him due to injury and (b.) forced to use him as a third OT.  Recently however, Jedd Fisch has found some great moments to insert him back into the passing game - and he's made the most out of the vast majority of these opportunities. 

Dude looks pretty good catching AND running with the ball as of late.  I'm not trying to justify his salary, but our boy is far from the "brick-handed- lumbering giraffe" resident haters would want you to believe that he is. 

I hope he can keep it up.  I feel he'll have to re-negotiate his 6.5 mil salary for 2014 to stick around - but it's nice to see him involved in the passing game again.   

He snatched that one ball outta double coverage, and caught that fade TD. We know he's a good blocker, just need him to have more reliable hands. No sense in being a size mismatch if you can't hold onto the ball. In fairness though, Gabbert.
Quote:He snatched that one ball outta double coverage, and caught that fade TD. We know he's a good blocker, just need him to have more reliable hands. No sense in being a size mismatch if you can't hold onto the ball. In fairness though, Gabbert.
that catch in double coverage was a thing of beauty.
If he had reliable hands and didn't have to stay in to block as much, he'd be a top ten TE, maybe higher. The TD he scored tonight and the strong catch-and-run over the LB left me impressed. With improvement to our offensive line, I think Lewis will start being productive again. That and a competent, consistent QB.
I am happy to see flashes of the old Marcedes Lewis that went to the Pro Bowl, but the rebuilding process should include drafting a tight end.

I like to think his catch and run against the tacks helped kick off this resurgence. The adjustements to the gameplan made during the bye are probably the main reason but when Lewis threw that defender aside like a rag doll it may have sent a message that the players could actually get it done on the field as well.
He has certainly been an early tone-setter in recent games.
I've seen this movie before, and I know how it ends.

seems like he's so under used in the redzone

Lets get real, the dude sucks. We play a couple bottom feeders and now all of sudden the guy's an all-pro...

Quote: the guy's an all-pro...
no one said that but you

"Dude looks pretty good"  =/=    all-pro  

It's OK to be encouraged by the guy making a handful of good plays after doing nearly nothing for a long time.  

Quote:He snatched that one ball outta double coverage, and caught that fade TD. We know he's a good blocker, just need him to have more reliable hands. No sense in being a size mismatch if you can't hold onto the ball. In fairness though, Gabbert.
No one can question what a great catch that was but he needs to be more reliable one great play every five games doesnt warrant his salary.
I like how most of the times he's had a catch this year he's ran someone over lol. 

Just give me Ebron or Jace Amaro please, tks

Y'all give Mercedes so much crap. Some deservedly so but give the man a break. We have not had a decent QB since DG and that's when he was an all pro. And yes he hasn't come close to those numbers again. My question for you guy is, If he was paid middle of the road money for a TE, would you view him in a different light?
Quote:Y'all give Mercedes so much crap. Some deservedly so but give the man a break. We have not had a decent QB since DG and that's when he was an all pro. And yes he hasn't come close to those numbers again. My question for you guy is, If he was paid middle of the road money for a TE, would you view him in a different light?
Duh!
Start complaining when we get in cap trouble then. We are more than fine now so who gives a crap!

Quote:Lets get real, the dude sucks. We play a couple bottom feeders and now all of sudden the guy's an all-pro...

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Quote:Start complaining when we get in cap trouble then. We are more than fine now so who gives a crap!

Oh, so just because you are in good cap shape, then its okay make bad contract deals and ridiculously overpay off of one outlier season? Glad you aint GM....
Quote:It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Get real...dude is hot garbage and will only remain on the team so we can usher in the new TE. Get a clue...
Pages: 1 2 3 4