Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Greatest Jag of All-Time?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
With Jimmy Smith getting ready to be in the Jags hall of fame on the 11th it lead me to ask this question, who is the Greatest Jag of all-time??? My personal favorite is Freddy T...
Jack Del Rio

1. Fred

Jimmy at a close second

Joe Zelenka 

Boselli hands down.

Fred and Jimmy would be 2a and 2b.
Boselli

Fred Taylor followed by Ernest Wilford and Sims-Walker.

Blake Bortles, holds the franchise record for most passing yards and td passes in a season.
Fred and it's not really that close imo. Even as good as Jimmy was, he wasn't as talented as Fred. If 28 plays those 20-30 games he missed, who knows how far he would've climbed.

What's crazy is he recently found out he played most of his career with a partially torn labrum in each shoulder, AND a fractured clavicle. None of those injuries were found until he was out of the league, and he's understandably not very happy about it.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17430...y-injuries
Quote:Fred and it's not really that close imo. Even as good as Jimmy was, he wasn't as talented as Fred. If 28 plays those 20-30 games he missed, who knows how far he would've climbed.

What's crazy is he recently found out he played most of his career with a partially torn labrum in each shoulder, AND a fractured clavicle. None of those injuries were found until he was out of the league, and he's understandably not very happy about it.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17430180/former-jacksonville-jaguars-rb-fred-taylor-says-nfl-doctors-overlooked-my-injuries'>http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17430180/former-jacksonville-jaguars-rb-fred-taylor-says-nfl-doctors-overlooked-my-injuries</a>

Same argument could be made for Boselli.
Quote:Fred Taylor followed by Ernest Wilford and Sims-Walker.

Wow Ernie that high??
Terrance Knighton after he signed to my favorite team the Broncos and Dejuan Harris after he was release and picked up by my second favorite team the Packers.

Signed,

MJF

John Oehser

Freddy T.

Quote:Same argument could be made for Boselli.

I would agree. Fred's ability to play nearly twice as long as Tony would give him the nod imo. Both were excellent. I'll be honest, I was pretty young when Boselli was playing, and I probably didn't pay nearly enough attention to his play as I shouldve, because he was a lineman and I was a kid. I regret that.
I have to go Freddy. Love him as a person, player, and even analyst (some what lol). Behind him would be Boselli, Jimmy, Double D, and Mojo.

Jamaal Fudge
It's clearly BB5, you inept morons.

Signed,

SCJ
1. Boselli

2. Freddy T

3. Jimmy

Boselli was probably the best player we have ever had, but I don't care. My vote goes to Fred Taylor. The guy was just friggin awesome. He could blow past defenders with his 4.3 speed, run them over with his 6' 230 lb frame or juke them out of their jockstraps. Plus he mentored a great, albeit not quite as awesome, replacement in MJD.

There will never be another Fred Taylor.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6