Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Looked Like a Denver Home Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Really sad, sitting on the west side of the stadium yesterday, looking across to the other side and seeing nothing but orange in OUR stadium. How far we've fallen.
Quote:Really sad, sitting on the west side of the stadium yesterday, looking across to the other side and seeing nothing but orange in OUR stadium. How far we've fallen.

Let's just hope we can still get up, although I don't see it being this season. This season is long over and they will be lucky if they can somehow pull out a close win in one of these last 4 games of the Gus error.
Yet Gus will be there on the sidelines next game. Shad Khan is either tone deaf or he's the most vindictive man in the world by forcing Gus to face the gauntlet of fan wrath in order to finish out the contract.
In addition to Gus, Blake will still be under center
Irony is the announcers thinking they all "drove" in for the game. 

We have the most disrespected stadium in the league
Quote:Irony is the announcers thinking they all "drove" in for the game. 

Yep, probably they did....from Daytona,Orlando, St Auggie, Savanah, maybe Atlanta and Tallahassee.

Heck, I have some coloradans live right next door...........in the winter, LOL.

Not football fans, but always talk about how great it is there.  :verymad:

Same thing happens at squealers games only worse.

But yeah it looked really bad on tV, wife walked in the room and asked if they were playing in mile high....seriously!  Wallbash

A commercial came on about going to Jags game, excitement and tickets.....video of stadium was all 

teal and gold. Then it went back to the game.  Sick

What a contrast.

Mr Khan....Mr Lamping wouldn't you rather have Jags fans in those seats?

edit- more pain coming......the tacks are here in a couple weeks. Hate the freakin' tacks filling our stadium.

Yea it was sad.... Most I talked to lived right here in town. Hell I had a friend of mine decked out in broncos gear but clam to be a jags fan. There defending champs. Sadly That's what happen after you win a SB smh...
Quote:Yea it was sad.... Most I talked to lived right here in town. Hell I had a friend of mine decked out in broncos gear but clam to be a jags fan. There defending champs. Sadly That's what happen after you win a SB smh...
The folks that have ticks in front of us, about six of them were all in orange yesterday. They are originally from Colorado. They are Jags fans but also apparently Denver fans as well. 2-9 teams just are not relative. To the point that those folks chose to wear their Denver gear instead. I guarantee if the records were reversed those chumps would have had Jags gear on. There simply is not a very large amount of us diehards that are going to the games these days. My guess would be about 30,000. We will be there next week and all others after that there is a game. In Jags gear.
Quote:The folks that have ticks in front of us, about six of them were all in orange yesterday. They are originally from Colorado. They are Jags fans but also apparently Denver fans as well. 2-9 teams just are not relative. To the point that those folks chose to wear their Denver gear instead. I guarantee if the records were reversed those chumps would have had Jags gear on. There simply is not a very large amount of us diehards that are going to the games these days. My guess would be about 30,000. We will be there next week and all others after that there is a game. In Jags gear.
Was that family in front of you, MJF? lol
Jacksonville Jaguars Fans.

Proof that NFL Ticket Exchange works well!

Seriously, though... who could blame anyone for giving up their ticket?

That said... There are tickets to Browns home games going for a whopping $6 right now.
Quote:Jacksonville Jaguars Fans.

Proof that NFL Ticket Exchange works well!

Seriously, though... who could blame anyone for giving up their ticket?

That said... There are tickets to Browns home games going for a whopping $6 right now.
There were several folks in front of gate one yesterday literally giving away tickets they could not sell. FREE, lower bowl tickets!!. That's how bad it is right now. Mr. Khan and Lamping have to be beyond normal anger at this point. They have done so much to fill the stadium and the team just sucks so bad all their effort is going to waste. Wallbash Wallbash
Not sure where to bring this up but this looks like a good spot.  

I was appalled when I exited the tunnel and got a look at the field.  How on earth did so many opposing fans wind up on the field for pre-game warm ups?  Is there another stadium in the NFL that this happens too?  Every week it is a home game for the opposing teams.  To add insult to injury nothing like watching our owner walk out on to the field and start chatting it up with a Bronco fan.

This season can't end soon enough.

Nobody wants to hear it, but the truth is, hiring Coughlin is the only thing that will get fans excited about the Jaguars again and even think about purchasing tickets. 
Quote:Nobody wants to hear it, but the truth is, hiring Coughlin is the only thing that will get fans excited about the Jaguars again and even think about purchasing tickets. 
Diehards like me will renew no matter what as the games are more than W's and L's for us. New fans will need to see some change and it will most certainly come. Folks that are hopeful for Coughlin would more than likely be older fans who have given up tickets for whatever reason that might come back. I doubt that number would be huge. To younger possible ticket purchasers Coughlin is just some dude who got fired from the Giants.

It will take a season or two of consistent winning to build the season ticket base back up. There was although a reported 63000+  sold for yesterdays game though there certainly was not that many folks there.
Quote:The folks that have ticks in front of us, about six of them were all in orange yesterday. They are originally from Colorado. They are Jags fans but also apparently Denver fans as well. 2-9 teams just are not relative. To the point that those folks chose to wear their Denver gear instead. I guarantee if the records were reversed those chumps would have had Jags gear on. There simply is not a very large amount of us diehards that are going to the games these days. My guess would be about 30,000. We will be there next week and all others after that there is a game. In Jags gear.

I haven't been to a game since 09, but it was like that back then. From an objective viewpoint, it always seems like the Jags were the locals second favorite team. There have always been large contingents of visiting team fans here because the tickets have always been easy to get, but I don't think many of them travel very far for the game.
Quote:Diehards like me will renew no matter what as the games are more than W's and L's for us. New fans will need to see some change and it will most certainly come. Folks that are hopeful for Coughlin would more than likely be older fans who have given up tickets for whatever reason that might come back. I doubt that number would be huge. To younger possible ticket purchasers Coughlin is just some dude who got fired from the Giants.

It will take a season or two of consistent winning to build the season ticket base back up. There was although a reported 63000+  sold for yesterdays game though there certainly was not that many folks there.

This was supposed to be "Generation Jaguar". Kids who weren't born in 1996 were supposed to have their own money now to buy their own tickets. The Jaguars couldn't have timed their irrelevancy any worse to be honest. 

In this "what have you done for me lately" world, I wouldn't be surprised if some of these younger fans already hitched their bandwagons to a better team.  Coughlin has excelled early on in his tenure on both the Jags and the Giants. So what if he wore out his welcome a decade later. We can't really afford to be picky to be honest. Everybody likes to pretend the Jaguars are some hot destination for coaches because of our raw talent. I don't think that is really the case. Coughlin may end up being the best choice we have.

Also, you KNOW what you are getting with TC. Do you really trust Dave Caldwell to mortgage the next 4 years of this franchise? I don't.

Quote:Really sad, sitting on the west side of the stadium yesterday, looking across to the other side and seeing nothing but orange in OUR stadium. How far we've fallen.

I have 8 season tickets, sold them all and made $484 on this game.   Took my family to Salt Life at Jax Beach after mass on Sunday and saved $10 using my Teal Deal coupon.   Got home at 2pm, turned on the game and cracked open bottle #1 from my 12 pack of Stella that I got on sale for $14.

Do I feel bad about selling my tickets and saving myself the $$ expense and pain of watching a 2-win team at this point of the year, [BLEEP] NO
Quote:I have 8 season tickets, sold them all and made $484 on this game.   Took my family to Salt Life at Jax Beach after mass on Sunday and saved $10 using my Teal Deal coupon.   Got home at 2pm, turned on the game and cracked open bottle #1 from my 12 pack of Stella that I got on sale for $14.

Do I feel bad about selling my tickets and saving myself the $$ expense and pain of watching a 2-win team at this point of the year, [BAD WORD REMOVED] NO
At least you bought them in the first place. When and how did you possibly get $60 over face when there were folks literally giving away lower bowl ticks?

To the underlined, I think you probably do, at least just a little. :yes:
Quote:I have 8 season tickets, sold them all and made $484 on this game.   Took my family to Salt Life at Jax Beach after mass on Sunday and saved $10 using my Teal Deal coupon.   Got home at 2pm, turned on the game and cracked open bottle #1 from my 12 pack of Stella that I got on sale for $14.

Do I feel bad about selling my tickets and saving myself the $$ expense and pain of watching a 2-win team at this point of the year, [BAD WORD REMOVED] NO

But you aren't a fan. If you leave before the 4th quarter whistle, you aren't a fan. You should be ashamed of yourself.

J/K. If I knew tickets were in demand like that, I would have renewed season tix, lol.
Pages: 1 2 3