Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I want us to win
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I know a lot of you want that #1 pick badly, and I understand why.. but I trust Caldwell/Bradley, I trust in their scouting ability and I believe that come May no matter where we pick, we will be in good shape because finally we have a smart GM and a good young HC.

We're on the rise! Go Jags!

We end up wherever we end up. And wherever we end up, I trust Caldwell and Gus to make the best out of it.

And if we are not in prime position for our QB of the future, I'm sure a veteran stop gap will be available who is better than Henne.
For comparison, to everyone who thinks our first round draft choice is critical for our immediate development: How did that work out this year? (No knock on Luke, he's gonna be a stud, but still)

Its not necessary, it just is the more probable way to get better faster. I trust Caldwell will make the most of whatever hand hes dealt though.

Quote:For comparison, to everyone who thinks our first round draft choice is critical for our immediate development: How did that work out this year? (No knock on Luke, he's gonna be a stud, but still)
I have a gut feeling that Luke is going to disappoint next season. Not trying to be negative, but an injury like Luke's can affect a player for months, or even years to come.
we know henne is a capable backup, any chance we give gabbust another go?

Quote:we know henne is a capable backup, any chance we give gabbust another go?

Buzzkill.
Quote:I have a gut feeling that Luke is going to disappoint next season. Not trying to be negative, but an injury like Luke's can affect a player for months, or even years to come.

Any examples?
Unfortunately, we can't win unless we draft Teddy first overall
Quote:Unfortunately, we can't win unless we draft Teddy first overall
Wait, I thought we couldn't win unless we acquiesce to the Tebowites?
the teddy train has left the building! not sure if they jumped or used a bridge lol

I want Teddy as much as anyone, but how great has it been to see this team improve each week? I'd much rather see these guys but into Gus' system, as that shows that his system is working. Gives us hope for the future...

But, dear God, we need a franchise QB.
Quote:Wait, I thought we couldn't win unless we acquiesce to the Tebowites?
No we can't fill the stadium without Tebowites. If Khan was a smart owner he'd force Gus to lose and force Caldwell to sign Tebow
Quote:No we can't fill the stadium without Tebowites. If Khan was a smart owner he'd force Gus to lose and force Caldwell to sign Tebow

And sign Robbie to run the ice cream machine.
I think we should all take a look at ourselves for wanting us to tank.

I was a pro-tanking guy, but that was because I had forgotten how it felt to see this team win.

I'm fine with Henne as the backup, just not Gabbert. Please cut Gabbert and end the nightmare. 

Quote:I have a gut feeling that Luke is going to disappoint next season. Not trying to be negative, but an injury like Luke's can affect a player for months, or even years to come.
Wrong.  Luke broke an ankle.  It will probably be stronger then ever when he comes back which will be by training camp. 
It simply comes down to emotion vs pragmatism. There isn't a cogent argument that would say that winning meaningless games right now is better for the long term state of the franchise than losing and getting a higher draft pick. 

However, we are fans (short for fanatics of course) and fans are highly emotional. Emotions lead to a lot of bad decisions, which is a lot of highly emotional people on here want wins right now at the cost of the long term future of the team.

And there's nothing particularly wrong with that, it's just the truth. 

get that W go jags

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8