Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 7-9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
They keep showing up and playing like they have the last few weeks they could go 7-9 and I'd be thrilled.

So what you'd be picking in the teens, give me a player like CJ Mosely but more importantly let's keep this momentum going. You think we as fans are excited to see wins, just imagine how much more powerful this new found success is for the players.

You go 7-1 after the bye and you KNOW things are headed in the right direction, that's the point of this second half.

theres a small chance we get the last wildcard spot. go jags!!

CHAD HENNE WILL LEAD US TO THE PROMISED LAND.

[Image: chad-hennee-christmas-onesie-570x321.jpeg]

Quote:They keep showing up and playing like they have the last few weeks they could go 7-9 and I'd be thrilled.

So what you'd be picking in the teens, give me a player like CJ Mosely but more importantly let's keep this momentum going. You think we as fans are excited to see wins, just imagine how much more powerful this new found success is for the players.

You go 7-1 after the bye and you KNOW things are headed in the right direction, that's the point of this second half.
Absolutely. These games probably mean nothing to everyone else, but for us, it will determine what direction this team is on, and how fast we will become contenders.
Nah I wouldn't worry about a wildcard spot but I'm all for finishing this season STRONG

Quote:CHAD HENNE WILL LEAD US TO THE PROMISED LAND.

He'll be a fine backup to help mentor whatever young prospect we bring in, but I don't want him starting next year.
We'll clinch a wildcard spot this season and win the superbowl. You heard it here first.

Book it.

In reality, what would the media think if this did happen? LOL

There would.still be people saying we should of tanked.
Quote:We'll clinch a wildcard spot this season and win the superbowl. You heard it here first.

Book it.

In reality, what would the media think if this did happen? LOL
The universe as a whole would implode if such events occurred.
A 7-9 record would be a moral victory for many; I understand the desire to win. However, I may be in the minority, but I would rather take the longer term benefit of losing out and see 7 rounds of better draft picks (especially in rounds 1 and 2).
Quote:A 7-9 record would be a moral victory for many; I understand the desire to win. However, I may be in the minority, but I would rather take the longer term benefit of losing out and see 7 rounds of better draft picks (especially in rounds 1 and 2).

I think the difference between drafting at 3-13 and 7-9 would be 8 spots at most. I think creating momentum to carry victories and a winning atmosphere into the offseason would do us more then those 8 spots.
Right now the biggest obstacle for the Jaguars making the playoffs is the Texans.  As for playoff implications, if the Jaguars do continue to win, the most important game next week will be Miami @ Pittsburgh.  

Don't think it'll happen, there's hardly ever a 7-9 team in the playoffs, let alone as a wild card.  

Man you guys jump ship so fast!! One minute yall for tanking, but as soon as jags win a few games its playoff talks and hopes.. Smh make ya damn mind up!
I was never for tanking and no one really thinks where playing for the playoffs
I'd be pretty happy with 7-9 and AJ McCarron in the 1st and Aaron Murray with a day 3 pick. 

Quote:Absolutely. These games probably mean nothing to everyone else, but for us, it will determine what direction this team is on, and how fast we will become contenders.
This team will never be a contender without a legit QB.
Quote:I'd be pretty happy with 7-9 and AJ McCarron in the 1st and Aaron Murray with a day 3 pick. 

It would be hard to NOT be happy with going 7-1 after the bye
Quote:I'd be pretty happy with 7-9 and AJ McCarron in the 1st and Aaron Murray with a day 3 pick. 
but, but... AJ McCarron isn't good! He does nothing in Alabama! He has success because of the NFL Caliber O-line and WR's he has.

#ThingsPeopleSayOnThisMessageBoard
Quote:It would be hard to NOT be happy with going 7-1 after the bye
Yeah, that would definitely be something to build off from going into next season.
Quote:I think the difference between drafting at 3-13 and 7-9 would be 8 spots at most. I think creating momentum to carry victories and a winning atmosphere into the offseason would do us more then those 8 spots.

Proof of this momentum? I don't believe in it. Where was it at in 2008?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6