Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jedd Fisch called a great game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Jedd Fisch's playcalling has definitely improved since the bye. I think they are finally starting to figure out exactly what the strengths of our weapons are. I think he was awarded something on SI, coach of the week I think. Pretty cool.

The only thing I liked about the play calling was getting Ace Sanders more involved.  Other than that, it was same old same old. 

Quote:Jedd Fisch's playcalling has definitely improved since the bye. I think they are finally starting to figure out exactly what the strengths of our weapons are. I think he was awarded something on SI, coach of the week I think. Pretty cool.

There's way too much dink and dunk for my taste, but it certainly looks better against the competition we're facing.

If Gus wants to keep him around to see what he can do with a real QB then so be it.
Quote:There's way too much dink and dunk for my taste, but it certainly looks better against the competition we're facing.

If Gus wants to keep him around to see what he can do with a real QB then so be it.
You act like Fisch makes Henne's reads for him.
Quote:You act like Fisch makes Henne's reads for him.

Like I said, I'm willing to trust in Gus.
Derek Carr is perfect for this offense

Quote:There's way too much dink and dunk for my taste, but it certainly looks better against the competition we're facing.

I think a lack of the bolded portion has a lot to do with the amount of shorter passes.
Quote:I think a lack of the bolded portion has a lot to do with the amount of shorter passes.

And the horrible offensive line cant block long enough to call long developing routes.
Quote:And the horrible offensive line cant block long enough to call long developing routes.

That only matters when you have a QB that stares guys down and waits for them to come open.

A good QB would be throwing 20-30 yards downfield behind this line on a regular basis.
Fisch called a very good game.  Loved the way he found ways to get the ball in our playmakers hands.  He got away from that running in on 1st down every drive. Sanders was used as a weapon both in the run and the pass. The Cleveland defense is one of the best in the league and this offense had them on their heels. There were gashes in both the run and the pass.

Fisch has been much improved since the bye week.  I think the Cleveland game was his best of the year.

Quote:Fisch called a very good game.  Loved the way he found ways to get the ball in our playmakers hands.  He got away from that running in on 1st down every drive. Sanders was used as a weapon both in the run and the pass. The Cleveland defense is one of the best in the league and this offense had them on their heels. There were gashes in both the run and the pass.

Fisch has been much improved since the bye week.  I think the Cleveland game was his best of the year.

I wouldn't say the Jaguars had them on their heels. I'd say the Jaguars managed a good drive in the 4th quarter.

The offense still had less than 320 yards total.

Still, from where this team has been it's an improvement.
Fisch has been (and still is) limited by a sub-par QB and a bad O-line.   The improvement by the line and the running game allowed him to add a few new wrinkles yesterday.  

We've only scratched the surface of Fisch's playbook, IMO.   With a real QB and an upgraded line he'll do well. Only gripe I have with him is running on first down too often.  In his defense - he didn't do that a lot yesterday until after Henne threw the pick. 

Dink and dunk??   LOL.  Henne connected on 3 passes of 20 yards or more yesterday.  With Brown banged up andKerry as the new guy  - all he had was Ace and Shorts to work with. And one of them was being erased by Haden most of the time.   Fisch was just taking what they were giving him.  It's not like there were a bunch of deep ball opportunities laying around out there - and do you really want Henne taking those?   

Quote:Fisch has been (and still is) limited by a sub-par QB and a bad O-line.   The improvement by the line and the running game allowed him to add a few new wrinkles yesterday.  

We've only scratched the surface of Fisch's playbook, IMO.   With a real QB and an upgraded line he'll do well. Only gripe I have with him is running on first down too often.  In his defense - he didn't do that a lot yesterday until after Henne threw the pick. 

Dink and dunk??   LOL.  Henne connected on 3 passes of 20 yards or more yesterday.  With Brown banged up andKerry as the new guy  - all he had was Ace and Shorts to work with. And one of them was being erased by Haden most of the time.   Fisch was just taking what they were giving him.  It's not like there were a bunch of deep ball opportunities laying around out there - and do you really want Henne taking those?   
he tried 1 and we saw what happened he under threw and hayden picked it, give us a qb with a deep threat and a line that can give him the time to get it there and we might see something

the second drive for the habor touchdown really made me think with a couple of pieces this offense could  go somewhere, we mixed run and pass nicely and just looked smooth

I still want Fisch gone. The running game is no longer effective. We need to become a passing team. That's how we will win games, and most importantly, championships.

Quote:I still want Fisch gone. The running game is no longer effective.
We need to become a passing team. That's how we will win games, and most importantly, championships.

When you wrote this, did you mean that the Jacksonville running game is no longer effective or were you referring to a league-wide situation?
Quote:You act like Fisch makes Henne's reads for him.
On a screen pass there's only one option usually. 
Yeah, have to give credit to Fisch.  Had some great misdirection plays and could have been better stat wise if some people (I'm looking at you Shorts) could hold onto the ball.  He got a lot of people involved.

Having not seen the Cleveland game yet, I was on the road and have it DVR'd, I'm excited to see this game in my free time.  One thing I wanted to mention last week, and this thread seems like a good place to say it is the following...

I thought the opening drive 2 weeks ago against the t'horns was a thing of beauty  by the Jags.  The execution on the opening drive was very good, and I liked how Fische called the plays that week.  

I'm hoping to see more of that when I get to watch the Cleveland game.

Quote:I still want Fisch gone. The running game is no longer effective. We need to become a passing team. That's how we will win games, and most importantly, championships.
No, he will be a good one with some talent plus, this franchise needs some stability for once.  Look at the revolving doors over the last few years, it's got to stop.  Fisch is an ascending coach.

Quote:No, he will be a good one with some talent plus, this franchise needs some stability for once.  Look at the revolving doors over the last few years, it's got to stop.  Fisch is an ascending coach.

I'm not sure on the ascending coach part, but I agree with your point that the franchise could really use some stability.  So long as Gus still believes in him, then I'm good with seeing what these guys can do with more talent.
Pages: 1 2 3 4