Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Secondary
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In the last few weeks they have given up 400 passing yards to Carson Palmer and a huge 250+ yard day yesterday to Josh Gordon....

Thats a bit too leaky. 

I don't expect miracles, but those numbers are way too high. 

Our starting secondary is the youngest in the league.

Give it time.

Quote:Our starting secondary is the youngest in the league.

Give it time.
You see what happen when we gave Gabbert time! At this point in the season we should be seeing consistent progress in our"young" recievers..
Quote:You see what happen when we gave Gabbert time! At this point in the season we should be seeing consistent progress in our"young" recievers..

Huh?  Young receivers?  Gabbert?  Huh?
Quote:You see what happen when we gave Gabbert time! At this point in the season we should be seeing consistent progress in our"young" recievers..

I think you meant "young DB's", right?...

Gordon is a soon to be elite type of player. There is only so much they can do being so young. Two picks is two picks and I'm happy with that. Add in a better d line next year and we will see more improvement. Seattle's Legion of Boom is what it appears to be what Bradley is attempting to recreate and keep in mind that they have maybe the nastiest d line in football. Brighter days are ahead. I have full faith in Dave and Gus
They had a rough day yesterday.  Gordon is a stud, but Guy needs to make that tackle on the 95 yrd TD.  Growing pains.  They made the plays that kept us in the game. 

The play that Gratz gave up to Gordon was painful to watch from a development standpoint. He had no idea where the ball was and being Weeden throwing it made it that much more pathetic.

Quote:The play that Gratz gave up to Gordon was painful to watch from a development standpoint. He had no idea where the ball was and being Weeden throwing it made it that much more pathetic.

Yeah. By far his worst play of the season. Weeden made a good throw also. I think Gratz has pretty much been lockdown this year when playing.
Gratz got abused yesterday. Hope he learns from that. The worst part is that Gordon is not a great receiver. He just had 2 good weeks. I think Gratz will end up a bust.

Gratz is the weak link in the secondary right now, but that's ok because he's a rookie. Cyprien is playing at an acceptable level and the combination of Winston/Evans is good enough for now. I said earlier in the game day thread I think that Gratz ends up out of position but that's correctable.
Quote:Gratz got abused yesterday. Hope he learns from that. The worst part is that Gordon is not a great receiver. He just had 2 good weeks. I think Gratz will end up a bust.

No way dude. Gratz has made nice plays all year and is physical in the run game. He's also a rookie. He's a key piece moving forward.
Quote:Gratz got abused yesterday. Hope he learns from that. The worst part is that Gordon is not a great receiver. He just had 2 good weeks. I think Gratz will end up a bust.

Well, no....Gordon is a great WR.....but great WR can still be at least "contained". 

lol, really? Probably a top 5 receiver in NFL.

Stop posting.
Quote:The play that Gratz gave up to Gordon was painful to watch from a development standpoint. He had no idea where the ball was and being Weeden throwing it made it that much more pathetic.

Which play are you talking about?
Quote:Which play are you talking about?

Very first hightlight.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highl...highlights
right now with only a few outings and his draft position to go on i feel gratz could be an excellent number 2 corner just as shorts is currently an excellent number 2 receiver (his difficulties have come now he is facing double coverage as the no 1 guy and we will see if he can overcome them)

Gratz has good eyes for the ball and good hands however i think he was expecting more help from the safeties facing gordon who looks like he could be the next receiver to join the "double coverage pffft club" those elite receivers that regularly escape double coverage such as megatron, marshall, green, dez bryant etc
1. The playbook on the secondary is way more complex than for the D-line or the linebacking. It takes time for them to work together.
2. Young and new players made up of the whole brand new secondary.
3. This is one of the better secondary in Jags history. Certainly the best since the past few years.
4. Clear progress has been shown week in and week out.

What else can we expect?
Quote:1. The playbook on the secondary is way more complex than for the D-line or the linebacking. It takes time for them to work together.

2. Young and new players made up of the whole brand new secondary.
3. This is one of the better secondary in Jags history. Certainly the best since the past few years.

4. Clear progress has been shown week in and week out.

What else can we expect?

Bold statement.

Which are you going with? History, or the past few years?
Pages: 1 2 3