Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Stand United
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
This is for all the season ticket holders for the Jacksonville Jaguars; I ask that each of you take into consideration the subpar product that has been put on the field for the last decade and ask why we are continually throwing our  hard-earned money away. This team has not been competitive and has not had a home playoff game since January 2000. 

There is no commitment to the season ticket holders as those who purchase "single game" tickets get 2 free beverages while the season ticket holders get a "Daily's" clear bag with the purchase of 2 season tickets. You know the same bag that is being sold at Daily's Liquor for $5 with a free $5 car wash.

There is not a care in the world about the long-term stability of this franchise in Jacksonville, but I will say the $60 million dollar scoreboards will sure look nice when the Monster Truck Rally comes to town.

Quote:There is not a care in the world about the long-term stability of this franchise in Jacksonville, but I will say the $60 million dollar scoreboards will sure look nice when the Monster Truck Rally comes to town.

Feel free to go away forever. No one will miss you.

But see you again when you bandwagon back after Teddy leads us to the promise land.

Teddy who? LMAO so delusional about a college kid.

Quote:Teddy who? [BAD WORD REMOVED] so delusional about a college kid.

Why are sports fans in the state of Florida so unintelligent?
Boohoo. Middle aged cry babies on a forum whining over the team rebuilding like they should.

Moron.

Guys, stop cyberbullying this kid. "This team has not been competitive since January of 2000." So I guess the Jags played no seasons between 2003-2008? What about the playoff game in Pittsburgh? What about those two games in New England?

The product on the field bears no significance as to why I am a fan.

Quote:The product on the field bears no significance as to why I am a fan.

People complain about being season ticket holders?

I have been a Jaguars fan for most of my life (18 out of 28 years). I live no where near Florida so I don't even have any friends who are Jaguars fans to have my back.

I WISH I could go to every game even with how garbage the team has been lately.

Drunj

Quote:This is for all the season ticket holders for the Jacksonville Jaguars; I ask that each of you take into consideration the subpar product that has been put on the field for the last decade and ask why we are continually throwing our  hard-earned money away. This team has not been competitive and has not had a home playoff game since January 2000. 

There is no commitment to the season ticket holders as those who purchase "single game" tickets get 2 free beverages while the season ticket holders get a "Daily's" clear bag with the purchase of 2 season tickets. You know the same bag that is being sold at Daily's Liquor for $5 with a free $5 car wash.

There is not a care in the world about the long-term stability of this franchise in Jacksonville, but I will say the $60 million dollar scoreboards will sure look nice when the Monster Truck Rally comes to town.
Well my money is not hard earned. I make it sitting on my butt.

Regards.............the Chiefjag
Quote:This is for all the season ticket holders for the Jacksonville Jaguars; I ask that each of you take into consideration the subpar product that has been put on the field for the last decade and ask why we are continually throwing our  hard-earned money away. This team has not been competitive and has not had a home playoff game since January 2000. 

The Jaguars haven't been competitive since 2000?  When did you become a fan?  2009?

The team has had less competitive years than successful ones since 2000, but there have been 2 playoff berths squeezed in there that you've conveniently chosen to forget. 

As far as no commitment to the season ticket holders (not really sure what you mean there, but I'm assuming you mean no perks given) that's crap.  I'm sitting here looking at a book of discounts that are exclusive to season ticket holders.  I just used my Jags rewards again today to make a couple of purchases at discounted rates that are also exclusive to season ticket holders.  I filled up at Gate today as well and picked up yet another reward from them that's exclusive to Jaguar season ticket holders.  All of this trumps a couple of free beers at the stadium, or free bags given out to season ticket holders, but hey, ignore facts in order to post one of these ridiculous boo hoo threads. 

The $60 million in new video boards is 1/3 funded by the owner who has already spent another $13 million out of pocket to renovate the locker rooms and other facilities in the stadium.   That's certainly the sign of not having a care in the world about the future of the team here. 

Let us know where to send the crate of tissues and the truckload of Midol. 
Quote:The Jaguars haven't been competitive since 2000?  When did you become a fan?  2009?

The team has had less competitive years than successful ones since 2000, but there have been 2 playoff berths squeezed in there that you've conveniently chosen to forget. 

As far as no commitment to the season ticket holders (not really sure what you mean there, but I'm assuming you mean no perks given) that's crap.  I'm sitting here looking at a book of discounts that are exclusive to season ticket holders.  I just used my Jags rewards again today to make a couple of purchases at discounted rates that are also exclusive to season ticket holders.  I filled up at Gate today as well and picked up yet another reward from them that's exclusive to Jaguar season ticket holders.  All of this trumps a couple of free beers at the stadium, or free bags given out to season ticket holders, but hey, ignore facts in order to post one of these ridiculous boo hoo threads. 

The $60 million in new video boards is 1/3 funded by the owner who has already spent another $13 million out of pocket to renovate the locker rooms and other facilities in the stadium.   That's certainly the sign of not having a care in the world about the future of the team here. 

Let us know where to send the crate of tissues and the truckload of Midol. 
Yes those Jaguars Rewards are a real convenience to those of us that don't live in Jacksonville. I drive over two hours every game day to watch this garbage that trots out onto the field for the past 6 years.

I don't care if we win or lose, I know that every week half of the teams and their fans will feel the pain of a loss. Thats not important, all I ask for is be competitive, this team has not been competitive since I have been a season ticket holder. At least other teams that lose have some sort of excitement, unless your a sadist I don't see where there is any enjoyment at attending a home game as of late.

Also, you say that the scoreboards are going to be funded 1/3 by the owner and 2/3 by the city. Guess those lovely ticket prices will continue to rise, don't be naive and drink the kool-aid thinking he isn't making that money back 10 fold.

Khan is a businessman, and he wouldn't do something unless he made a profit. I spend thirty minutes filling out a survey the jaguars send me even though they can't even get my name right. I get "jaguars rewards" for businesses in Jacksonville even though they know I live over 2 hours away; you're right, I am truly valued as a fan of this organization.

Last year alone I spent over 1000 dollars in the stadium on merchandise and drinks that only go to reducing future ticket prices, no reduction at the time of purchase. It's all a ploy to try and lure you into renewing tickets to watch the garbage they will put onto the field the next year.

This is a bad year.  One of - if not the THE worst in NFL history. 

Just have to endure the pain, hope that Caldwell hits a homerun in the 2014 draft, gets his franchise QB and someone who can rush the passer.  Hope for a 4-12 season in 2014, then maybe compete for a wildcard slot in 2015.

Quote:Last year alone I spent over 1000 dollars in the stadium on merchandise and drinks

This sounds like a lie
Quote:This sounds like a lie
I purchased 4 jerseys at 110 dollars a piece (CSII, Blackmon for me and Scobee & Poz for my wife) as well as 5 polos at 60-70 dollars a piece(4 for me and 1 for my wife), 4 different hats at 25-30 dollars a piece (2 for me and 2 for my wife).

Jerseys = $440 (including tax as women's jerseys were less expensive)

Polos = $250 (approximate)

Hats = $110 (approximate)

Merchandise Total = $800 (all wasted because now all new logos and uniforms)

Then we spent about $30-$40 a game on concessions

Easily over the $1000 dollar mark. Then you count a 2 hour drive and the gas spent driving to and from the game, every game we leave at 7am and don't get home until well after 7pm.

I have invested a lot into this team for absolutely nothing in return.
Quote:Yes those Jaguars Rewards are a real convenience to those of us that don't live in Jacksonville. I drive over two hours every game day to watch this garbage that trots out onto the field for the past 6 years.

I don't care if we win or lose, I know that every week half of the teams and their fans will feel the pain of a loss. Thats not important, all I ask for is be competitive, this team has not been competitive since I have been a season ticket holder. At least other teams that lose have some sort of excitement, unless your a sadist I don't see where there is any enjoyment at attending a home game as of late.

Also, you say that the scoreboards are going to be funded 1/3 by the owner and 2/3 by the city. Guess those lovely ticket prices will continue to rise, don't be naive and drink the kool-aid thinking he isn't making that money back 10 fold.

Khan is a businessman, and he wouldn't do something unless he made a profit. I spend thirty minutes filling out a survey the jaguars send me even though they can't even get my name right. I get "jaguars rewards" for businesses in Jacksonville even though they know I live over 2 hours away; you're right, I am truly valued as a fan of this organization.

Last year alone I spent over 1000 dollars in the stadium on merchandise and drinks that only go to reducing future ticket prices, no reduction at the time of purchase. It's all a ploy to try and lure you into renewing tickets to watch the garbage they will put onto the field the next year.
$1000 in the stadium on merchandise and drinks?

Wow, and I thought your post sounded stupid.
Quote:I purchased 4 jerseys at 110 dollars a piece (CSII, Blackmon for me and Scobee & Poz for my wife) as well as 5 polos at 60-70 dollars a piece(4 for me and 1 for my wife), 4 different hats at 25-30 dollars a piece (2 for me and 2 for my wife).

Easily over the $1000 dollar mark. Then you count a 2 hour drive and the gas spent driving to and from the game, every game we leave at 7am and don't get home until well after 7pm.

I forgot to read my ticket agreement.

Can you point out where they guarantee you 'something in return'?
Quote:I purchased 4 jerseys at 110 dollars a piece (CSII, Blackmon for me and Scobee & Poz for my wife) as well as 5 polos at 60-70 dollars a piece(4 for me and 1 for my wife), 4 different hats at 25-30 dollars a piece (2 for me and 2 for my wife).

Being a fan isn't measured in how much money you spend.

If the above is true (and I doubt it is), then it just proves you are an idiot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6