Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Ricky Stanzi enigma
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
- I don't believe he has ever taken a snap in an NFL regular season game

- He was cut and then resigned.

-Caldwell appears to like Stanzi: http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/9/2/46...fs-offense

-6'4 228lbs with a good arm

-Henne is bad.  He always has a drive or two a game that looks good and the rest kinda stink.

-Gabbert is horrendous.  Literally the worst starting QB I have ever seen.  Poor pocket presence, Poor Accuracy, Happy Feet.

-This offense is not complicated. Mostly ineffective combined with horrible play calling.  Easy to simplify.

Why not give the kid a chance?

At this point we have nothing to lose. 

Some on here say that Stanzi is bad.  I don't know how they can rate him when his NFL experience is almost nil.  Why they won't trot him out for a couple of drives in the 4th quarter is beyond me. Kansas City kept him sidelined too.  Strange.

I'm all for it, we literally have nothing to play for this year. Now's the time to figure out what guys like Stanzi, Pasturz(sp?), Toddman, Evans, ect.... can do.

Too risky.  Stanzi might win a couple games.

They must have some kind of a plan for Stanzi. Can't say I know what it is.
Makes me wonder if he's included in the "changes" we're supposed to be seeing in the second half of the season.

Quote:They must have some kind of a plan for Stanzi. Can't say I know what it is.
Cheap back-up for next year's  rookie QB. 
Depends on alot of things. Could be too risky if caldwell/bradley are indeed tanking, Could be a cheap backup next year, Could even be that he really isn't better than Henne/Gabbert.
Quote:Depends on alot of things. Could be too risky if caldwell/bradley are indeed tanking, Could be a cheap backup next year, Could even be that he really isn't better than Henne/Gabbert.

Sure would be nice to see proof of that.
Quote:Some on here say that Stanzi is bad.  I don't know how they can rate him when his NFL experience is almost nil.  Why they won't trot him out for a couple of drives in the 4th quarter is beyond me. Kansas City kept him sidelined too.  Strange.
I was expecting/hoping to get a look at him in London.  I don't understand why Bradley won't give him a few snaps when the game is obviously decided.  If he has any potential, why not give him a try?  If he is that bad, why waste a roster spot?
All our coaches hate America. 

Quote:I was expecting/hoping to get a look at him in London.  I don't understand why Bradley won't give him a few snaps when the game is obviously decided.  If he has any potential, why not give him a try?  If he is that bad, why waste a roster spot?

Do you really think anything can be determined by seeing him for "a few snaps when the game is obviously decided"?

They see him every day in practice. Kansas City saw him every day in practice.

I still expect to see him later this year. Bradley would probably like to win a game before letting Stanzi learn on the job.

They don't want to start Stanzi, because Stanzi will win games. It's as simple as that.

Quote:Sure would be nice to see proof of that.
Saying someone is worse than Henne/Gabbert is like saying someone is better than Peyton Manning.. it's not very likely
Why you guys want to watch some kid get the mess kicked out of him while he turns the ball over 4 times is beyond me.

The problem with  the idea of "letting  the 3rd stringer play" is that almost all the snaps in practice go to the starter.  If we "give Stanzi a chance" late in a game, he would be going out there without any practice at all during the week prior to the game.  That's a recipe for failure and we wouldn't learn anything from that, other than the fact that 3rd string quarterbacks who haven't practiced look really bad in games.  

If you want to see Stanzi, it has to be planned during the week, and  that involves taking practice snaps away from the starter. 

Quote:The problem with  the idea of "letting  the 3rd stringer play" is that almost all the snaps in practice go to the starter.  If we "give Stanzi a chance" late in a game, he would be going out there without any practice at all during the week prior to the game.  That's a recipe for failure and we wouldn't learn anything from that, other than the fact that 3rd string quarterbacks who haven't practiced look really bad in games.  

If you want to see Stanzi, it has to be planned during the week, and  that involves taking practice snaps away from the starter. 

If the coaches really like Stanzi, they'll try to develop him in training camp next year.  

Quote:Why you guys want to watch some kid get the mess kicked out of him while he turns the ball over 4 times is beyond me.

LOL, so you're saying it would be pretty much the same as we've seen for the past 2 years?
Quote:Why you guys want to watch some kid get the mess kicked out of him while he turns the ball over 4 times is beyond me.

We're saying we're tired of watching Gabbert
There would be no difference. There is a reason he didn't even play for the Chiefs last year.

Pages: 1 2 3