Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Now can we be realistic about Blackmon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
He isn't a top 5 or even a top 10 receiver. Last couple games hes been putting up 30 yards and dropping all kinds of balls. Better QB play won't help drops. Shop em' around and see if you can get a 1st rounder. (Keep em' if not)

In other news, The rookie's are getting better. Stay off of Bradley and let caldwell do his work.

Quote:He isn't a top 5 or even a top 10 receiver. Last couple games hes been putting up 30 yards and dropping all kinds of balls. Better QB play won't help drops. Shop em' around and see if you can get a 1st rounder. (Keep em' if not)

In other news, The rookie's are getting better. Stay off of Bradley and let caldwell do his work.

He's a good receiver. Very good in fact. He's on a Reggie Wayne kind of ability level. With a great QB he'll look really good.

He's just not a true elite talent. There are very few of those. He's still clearly the best WR on the team currently, though.
Quote:He isn't a top 5 or even a top 10 receiver. Last couple games hes been putting up 30 yards and dropping all kinds of balls. Better QB play won't help drops. Shop em' around and see if you can get a 1st rounder. (Keep em' if not)

I feel Blackmon has incredible skills. We have to do a better job calling plays. Jedd Fisch presents some of the dumbest play calls. 3 and 5 we always go one yard passes. Your not going to compete in any game playing that style.
Quote:I feel Blackmon has incredible skills. We have to do a better job calling plays. Jedd Fisch presents some of the dumbest play calls. 3 and 5 we always go one yard passes. Your not going to compete in any game playing that style.

That's Henne.

If you want something other than checkdowns and safe throws you'll have to put Gabbert back in and let him start throwing pick-sixes again.
Quote:I feel Blackmon has incredible skills. We have to do a better job calling plays. Jedd Fisch presents some of the dumbest play calls. 3 and 5 we always go one yard passes. Your not going to compete in any game playing that style.

So every player in the progression ran a 1 yard route? Or the QB only throws to the guy running the 1 yard route?
He seems to regress when he gets frustrated. He gave up on routes last year when Gabbert was in there.

He is still a helluva WR, but his attitude is questionable.
Quote:So every player in the progression ran a 1 yard route? Or the QB only throws to the guy running the 1 yard route?

No but it seems like when we snap the ball he throws it to the side immediately like its a designed played. I'm not saying they don't run longer routes ever but we definitely aren't running them often. Blackmon had some key drops in the game and shouldve played at a higher level for sure. But to trade him would be stupid. Were trying to build a team with young talent but wanna trade a 23 year old receiver that has great talent?

Fisch decides a qb option on the 5 with Henne, that was stupid. Last time I checked Henne was not mobile. Were pretty sure Henne won't be here next season. But Fisch hasn't showed me he deserves to be here either.
I expect Blackmon to have some ups and downs given that our garbage Qbs have up and down days. Even the best playersw get in ruts and succumb to frustration. Especially a player like Blackmon who is used to winning big games and dominating opponents. He is still a superior talent and one of the best players on the team.

Fisch however should not be allowed back next year. He had Shorts and Blackmon out there plus an slowly emerging Mike Brown and was calling some of the worst plays at the worst times i've ever seen. In years past we could blame the lack of weapons on the scheme and now there is no such problem from our outside options talent wise.

I absolutely want Fisch fired and no where near Bridgewater whatsoever if we get him next year.

LOL he dropped like 2 balls

It happens ever great WR drops passes get a freaking clue dude 

Quote:I expect Blackmon to have some ups and downs given that our garbage Qbs have up and down days. Even the best playersw get in ruts and succumb to frustration. Especially a player like Blackmon who is used to winning big games and dominating opponents. He is still a superior talent and one of the best players on the team.

Fisch however should not be allowed back next year. He had Shorts and Blackmon out there plus an slowly emerging Mike Brown and was calling some of the worst plays at the worst times i've ever seen. In years past we could blame the lack of weapons on the scheme and now there is no such problem from our outside options talent wise.

I absolutely want Fisch fired and no where near Bridgewater whatsoever if we get him next year.

Glad I'm not the only one who wants Fisch gone

Why because he had one off game? 

Do you realize that Dez Bryant has had like 5 of those similar type games since the beginning of the 2012 season as Blackmon had yesterday - some even had LESS catches & yards.....

get outta here with that trash. 

Jedd Fisch stinks. Weak hire. 
Quote:Why because he had one off game? 

Do you realize that Dez Bryant has had like 5 of those similar type games since the beginning of the 2012 season as Blackmon had yesterday - some even had LESS catches & yards.....

Dez Bryant is a poor example. He's another guy on a Blackmon level of talent. Not a true elite WR, just a guy with some good abilities and an upper tier QB feeding him the ball.

If a guy needs a good QB to do his job well then he's not elite. Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones or AJ Green or Andre Johnson (a few years ago) did well or would do well with anyone tossing the ball up for grabs.
Quote:Dez Bryant is a poor example. He's another guy on a Blackmon level of talent. Not a true elite WR, just a guy with some good abilities and an upper tier QB feeding him the ball.

If a guy needs a good QB to do his job well then he's not elite. Calvin Johnson or Julio Jones or AJ Green or Andre Johnson (a few years ago) did well or would do well with anyone tossing the ball up for grabs.

Blackmon had 800 yards in his rookie year with 2 of the worst QB in football feeding him the rock. 

Blackmon is on pace for an extrapolated 1200+ yard season this year, with 2 of the worst QB in football feeding him the rock. 

Blackmon doesn't "need" anything, obviously....but he'd benefit from a better QB, just like Megatron has benefitted from Stafford. 
Quote:Blackmon had 800 yards in his rookie year with 2 of the worst QB in football feeding him the rock. 

Blackmon is on pace for an extrapolated 1200+ yard season this year, with 2 of the worst QB in football feeding him the rock. 

Blackmon doesn't "need" anything, obviously....but he'd benefit from a better QB, just like Megatron has benefitted from Stafford. 

Let's let him play a few more games this season before we crown him the next Megatron. He had a good couple of games in week 5 and 6. In the last two weeks he's virtually disappeared.
Quote:Let's let him play a few more games this season before we crown him the next Megatron. He had a good couple of games in week 5 and 6. In the last two weeks he's virtually disappeared.

Not crowning him the next Megatron, IMO theres no comparison to him....but illustrating that even Megatron benefitted from better QB play (STafford) than what he had his first couple of seasons. (KItna/ Orlavsky)

oh, and 6 catches for 58 yards isn't "virtually disappeared"

Quote:Why because he had one off game? 

Blackmon's hands were jet lagged. Shoulda had a melatonin manicure.
Quote:Blackmon had 800 yards in his rookie year with 2 of the worst QB in football feeding him the rock. 

He needs to quit short arming the passes over his head and he needs to quit lolygagging ala randy moss on runing plays oposite his side.

He put up 30 yards in one game.
Quote:Dez Bryant is a poor example. He's another guy on a Blackmon level of talent. Not a true elite WR, just a guy with some good abilities and an upper tier QB feeding him the ball.

Dez Bryant is an absolute freak athlete, he's absolutely elite.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5