Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Justin Blackmon, did you know?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I was reading an article about who are the greatest college WR's of all-time and found some interesting stats about Blackmon.  He was ranked pretty high up. 

Here is what they said about Blackmon.  The article is a couple of years old.  Bryoles was ranked #1. 

Justin Blackmon just finished off two monumental seasons at Oklahoma State, and if he had stayed around for one more season, he would likely be in the top five all-time.

He caught 111 passes for 1,782 yards and 20 touchdowns as a sophomore and followed that up this past season with 121 catches for 1,522 yards and 18 touchdowns.

For his career, he finished with 3,564 yards and 41 touchdowns while earning All-America honors in 2010 and 2011.

Blackmon also finished fifth in the Heisman race in 2010 as a sophomore

He gud

He doesn't have the measurables to be elite.
Quote:He doesn't have the measurables to be elite.

Cant tell if sarcastic or not, but theres no "elite" receivers without downfield speed. Blackmon is is physical and can break tackles, but hes not running away from anybody like all the top WRs can. 
I told everyone. And laughed in my face. Now looks like he is the better one.
Quote:Cant tell if sarcastic or not, but theres no "elite" receivers without downfield speed. Blackmon is is physical and can break tackles, but hes not running away from anybody like all the top WRs can.
I've not really noticed where his speed is a problem.
Quote:I've not really noticed where his speed is a problem.

He cant run past CBs, thats why lots of his work comes from the slot and in the middle. 
He can get faster in time. Look at Julio Jones. He's considerably faster now than what he was when he came into the league.

Quote:He can get faster in time. Look at Julio Jones. He's considerably faster now than what he was when he came into the league.

Maybe not. He could go back to his college speed next year because of the foot surgery.
Quote:Maybe not. He could go back to his college speed next year because of the foot surgery.
You know what I mean, JW.
That boy a beast!
Quote:Cant tell if sarcastic or not, but theres no "elite" receivers without downfield speed. Blackmon is is physical and can break tackles, but hes not running away from anybody like all the top WRs can. 
He's got multiple long TD passes where he's out ran the CBs/Safeties.. including the one vs STL a few weeks ago and a couple vs HOU last year. 
Hmmm.... jerry rice, Brandon Marshall, Fitzgerald etc... all elite but probably don't have "elite" speed. Point is you don't have to have outstanding speed to be elite. More so you need to know how to seperate your self and catch consistently.

That's not right. Reggie Wayne is elite and Blackmon is faster. Even when Wayne was 23.
Quote:That's not right. Reggie Wayne is elite and Blackmon is faster. Even when Wayne was 23.

I think he bennifited from Harrison a lot but I agree his route ruining makes up for it..another example of elite is Andre Johnson.
Quote:He cant run past CBs, thats why lots of his work comes from the slot and in the middle.
He's successful in the slot, but he's also been effective on the outside, so I'm not really sure of your point.
HIGHYLY sarcastic. Who cares if his speed isnt 4.2? Its not like he doesnt showup in games.

Pretty sure he out ran the Rams secondary on that TD he had btw.
Jerry Rice ran a slow time at his 40 combine.  Just saying

He's good, but still needs to learn the toe tap.

Quote:I was reading an article about who are the greatest college WR's of all-time and found some interesting stats about Blackmon.  He was ranked pretty high up. 

Here is what they said about Blackmon.  The article is a couple of years old.  Bryoles was ranked #1. 

Justin Blackmon just finished off two monumental seasons at Oklahoma State, and if he had stayed around for one more season, he would likely be in the top five all-time.

He caught 111 passes for 1,782 yards and 20 touchdowns as a sophomore and followed that up this past season with 121 catches for 1,522 yards and 18 touchdowns.

For his career, he finished with 3,564 yards and 41 touchdowns while earning All-America honors in 2010 and 2011.

Blackmon also finished fifth in the Heisman race in 2010 as a sophomore

I didn't need stats; if you watched Justin play at Ok State it was easy to see he was one of the most dominant receivers in college football history.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7