Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Kelvin Beachum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
There's been a lot of bad football played across the board this year, but surprisingly Beachum has been very good this year. I believe he's only given up one sack this season. Aside from a couple of false starts earlier this year, how nice is it to not hear your LT name called every game? Assuming his play continues for the remaining season, his 40 million dollar option is looking like a real bargain right now.
I watched him close the last game and you are right, he has played pretty solid.

Not hearing his number called often for penalties is obviously a good thing, but if he does something good against the RDE I want to hear his name.

Quote:Not hearing his number called often for penalties is obviously a good thing, but if he does something good against the RDE I want to hear his name.

What if he does something good against a rushing DB or linebacker?
Wow, that typo was fixed as quickly as it was requested. Nicev job pirkster.

Anyway, it was a smart decision by Dave Caldwell to bring Kelvin Beachum in on a prove-it year with the option to stay four more seasons. Signing someone coming off a torn ACL is always risky, but he was an upgrade at LT.

Chuck, how often does a DB get to the LT?

Quote:There's been a lot of bad football played across the board this year, but surprisingly Beachum has been very good this year. I believe he's only given up one sack this season. Aside from a couple of false starts earlier this year, how nice is it to not hear your LT name called every game? Assuming his play continues for the remaining season, his 40 million dollar option is looking like a real bargain right now.

Being that the Jaguars LG situation has been a revolving door and far from a team strength,   that makes Kelvin Beachum's season that much more impressive.   Not to mention,  he came off a torn ACL.
Yet I've heard a bunch of people (not necessarily on here specifically) say Beach sucks and they don't want to take the option. I don't understand what some people watch.

For the record I want to keep him
Skeet, those people obviously did not watch the Ravens game, when Beachum was out and we were stuck with Joeckel at LT. It was an example of knowing how important a player is when you don't have him.

Pass blocking as a whole as been decent outside of about a 3 game stretch for Parnell.

I think Beachum as been everything we could've asked for.
I think LT is one position that should be way down the worry list.

In fact I'd say LT and C (and maybe one guard spot) are set on the O-line.

And looking at contracts around the league his option is what 10 per year for 4 years or something?

Pretty well below the top dollar paid to guys like Smith, Glenn, Bahkariti, and Fisher

Quote:Pass blocking as a whole as been decent outside of about a 3 game stretch for Parnell.

I think Beachum as been everything we could've asked for.
agree, the revolving door at LG has been better than Parnell at RT and its not looking any better Sun as he goes up against Von Miller.
Do you mean RT Andre Smith, who is on injured reserve?

David Bakhtiari has been more than solid for Green Bay's OL. I don't know about "top dollar" but Aaron Rodgers can't avoid sacks by himself.

Miller will make Parnell look like he does not belong in the NFL.

10 million a year will be very good value in 2 years time. Definitely worth it.
Quote:Do you mean RT Andre Smith, who is on injured reserve?

David Bakhtiari has been more than solid for Green Bay's OL. I don't know about "top dollar" but Aaron Rodgers can't avoid sacks by himself.

Tyron Smith.
Beachum is an excellent LT.  He's got that low center of gravity that makes him tough to move. 

And he should be even better next year when he is further removed from his ACL injury. I agree LT is not a position of worry in the future.

Quote:Do you mean RT Andre Smith, who is on injured reserve?

No I meant LT Tyron Smith.

I listed 4 well known LTs that will all make more than 10 mil per year.

And Beachum has played well enough to be paid at least average, imo.
I Concur/w all comments concerning Beachum. He's been an Much Needed addition to our OL. Once we acquire our long term fix at the LG position and the two gets acclimated w/respect to playing together, the center and left side of the OL will be set. We have Good play at the RG position but the RT position needs to be upgraded within the first two rounds of the 2017 NFL Draft...

NH3...
Pages: 1 2 3 4