Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ozone says he doesn't think a top 15 QB will make this Jaguar team that much better
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What do you think?  If we had a top 15 QB do you think this team would be on the cusp of the playoffs? 

We still don't have a guy on defense that can put up double digit sacks.  We still don't have a true shut down corner.  Our LB's are meh.  Our DT probably wouldn't start on most NFL teams.

Over on offense our running back has yet to rush for more than 80 yards in a single game.  We lost 2 of our best offensive linemen.  Meester is retiring after the season.  We have a TE that hasn't done anything since 2010 which was a complete fluke.

At first glance I disagreed with Ozone, but after thinking about it.....I'm not sure a top 10 QB would make this team that much better.  We would have to score 35 or more points every single game just to have a chance.

A good QB would make this team competitive.

Right now, it isn't.

no not a playoff team but a 500 team which would put us a year ahead of schedule. we have the offensive weapons to make a real QB look good.

Besides our WRs who are our offensive weapons? I hope MJD and Lewis aren't in your answer.
so why not trade our 1st for as many draft pick we can pick up and build this team before wasting it on a QB that probably wont help make the team better. Then go after Jameis next year.

Quote:What do you think?  If we had a top 15 QB do you think this team would be on the cusp of the playoffs? 

We still don't have a guy on defense that can put up double digit sacks.  We still don't have a true shut down corner.  Our LB's are meh.  Our DT probably wouldn't start on most NFL teams.

Over on offense our running back has yet to rush for more than 80 yards in a single game.  We lost 2 of our best offensive linemen.  Meester is retiring after the season.  We have a TE that hasn't done anything since 2010 which was a complete fluke.

At first glance I disagreed with Ozone, but after thinking about it.....I'm not sure a top 10 QB would make this team that much better.  We would have to score 35 or more points every single game just to have a chance.

The truth is it wont turn this team around at this stage of the season.  It is a team sport after all and we are missing many peices.  I hate to say it but it starts at the helm (GM since the owner delegated duties) on down.  The GM isnt stepping in and bringing the right talent, and letting good talent go for nearly nothing.  Whom do you blame the most for the embarassing show each sunday, GM Dave? HC Gus? QB ____blank?  The Oline, the pass rush, etc?

I think the team has / had enough talent to at least win one of these games or heck at least not be at the very bottom of everything in stats. 

It is hard to blame one single person for what appears to be a lack of leadership from uptop.  At this point you have to blame the new GM don't you?

That being said it is proven (I think) that Blaine Gabbert has to go... He's many games at below 50 rating and currently a 30 something rating warrant his immediate dismisal from the Jaguars. 

Chad Henne is a good back up averaging around 70 something rating.  He's no starter but can come in when our QB is injured.  I highly doubt Ricky  Stanzi is the answer but why not give him a shot this week to see if he can get something started?

At this point I would focus solely on fixing the horrible offense and then address the bad defense (since I think the D is better than the O right now).
Ozone is preparing us for "THE BIGGEST TROLL EVER" the #Tank4JakeMatthews campaign.
As fast as Starting QBs are going down this year maybe we need a good back up too. :teehee:

2 things popped into my head after reading that....

One, If O-Zone really believes that then he doesn't have a clue about the current state of NFL football. 

and Two, Uh oh, he's trying to prime us fans for the impending screw up of this potential #1 pick opportunity when/ /if we get it. 

Which Qb in this upcoming draft are you interested in Teddy Bridgewater,  Zach Mettenberger, Johnny Manziel, Marcus Mariota, Tajh Boyd, Brett Hundley or somebody else?

Quote:Which Qb in this upcoming draft are you interested in Teddy Bridgewater,  Zach Mettenberger, Johnny Manziel, Marcus Mariota, Tajh Boyd, Brett Hundley or somebody else?

Who are you asking? Me?....

If so there really only is one choice, and thats Teddy Bridgewater. All of the others are a step down in class. 
Quote:2 things popped into my head after reading that....

One, If O-Zone really believes that then he doesn't have a clue about the current state of NFL football.

and Two, Uh oh, he's trying to prime us fans for the impending screw up of this potential #1 pick opportunity when/ /if we get it.

My sentiments exactly. We'll be picking someone other than a QB first next year.
Well, a top 15 Quarterback in the NFL is essentially a guy who is top half, or just above average. That's really not all that great. Now, if you wanna talk about top five, then you may be on to something but I kinda agree with him. This team is a long way away and needs some serious talent infusion at several points on the roster.

Quote:Who are you asking? Me?....

If so there really only is one choice, and thats Teddy Bridgewater. All of the others are a step down in class. 

They say he is a taller version of Wilson so that would make sense for Gus to get him here.
Quote:2 things popped into my head after reading that....

Of course that popped into your head like Oesher has any idea what will happen in May.
Quote:Of course that popped into your head like Oesher has any idea what will happen in May.

Well, it could mean that he's hearing "whispers" of the Jags not planning to take a QB first and instead go with other position players - which - if Teddy is drafted before our pick, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with......but if Teddy is there and we pass on him then, well......we're stupid. 
Quote:Well, it could mean that he's hearing "whispers" of the Jags not planning to take a QB first and instead go with other position players - which - if Teddy is drafted before our pick, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with......but if Teddy is there and we pass on him then, well......we're stupid. 

If that is the plan to pass on bridgewater first then I would hope we would auction of the top pick for more picks since it will be worth a lot more than this years drafts top pick was.
Quote:Well, it could mean that he's hearing "whispers" of the Jags not planning to take a QB first and instead go with other position players - which - if Teddy is drafted before our pick, I guess I wouldn't have a problem with......but if Teddy is there and we pass on him then, well......we're stupid. 

Your paranoia cup runneth over.
Seven months or so to go. Whats the point in the guess game, wish list, etc.

Jags could win one. Bucs lose all. Teddy Wonderboy may get hurt. Jags trade for multiple picks ( my choice ). Shad moves Jags to London, brings Fulham here. Jags pick Manzeil, so he can mentor Blackmon.

So until the season is over, this is pointless

But then again..what else is there to discuss?
A 15th ranked QB is a game manager on a good roster. A top 8 QB would make this team competitive. The Matt Schaubs of the world would not.

Pages: 1 2 3 4