Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Carrier Stays in the US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Deal had been reached. More info to come on Thursday.
... That didn't take long
Trump and Pence already winning. Amazing
Government paying to keep companies in the country? Who will stick their hand out next? Hopefully not the Trump organisation
Quote:Government paying to keep companies in the country? Who will stick their hand out next? Hopefully not the Trump organisation

What was your US tax bill last year anyway?
Quote:What was your US tax bill last year anyway?

I cost the US taxpayer nothing so that's a good start!

But you agree with corporations threatening to leave so they can get favourable incentives?
Quote:I cost the US taxpayer nothing so that's a good start!

But you agree with corporations threatening to leave so they can get favourable incentives?

Why not? It works for NFL team owners who want a new stadium.
Quote:I cost the US taxpayer nothing so that's a good start!

Think of the taxes LOST if they moved the factory to Mexico. Nearly 1000 people out of work and unemployment benefits paid out. Not to mention some would have to go on food stamps and possibly claim a disability. It would cost the country MORE if they just moved then if they stayed put.
This is just the beginning guys. He isn't even president yet.

Carrier HVAC is the best

Carrier > Trane > American Standard > all other crap

Quote:This is just the beginning guys. He isn't even president yet.

What were the incentives?
Quote:What were the incentives?

Free fried pickles.
Quote:What were the incentives?

Like someone mentioned above, probably nothing more than the tax income from 1000 employees and the savings in unemployment. Also, Carrier probably took a pretty good beating after being the poster child during the campaign about moving jobs to Mexico, so who really knows what the incentives were? Let's focus on the good of the situation for awhile...

Quote:Free fried pickles.

making deep fryers great again
Quote:Like someone mentioned above, probably nothing more than the tax income from 1000 employees and the savings in unemployment. Also, Carrier probably took a pretty good beating after being the poster child during the campaign about moving jobs to Mexico, so who really knows what the incentives were? Let's focus on the good of the situation for awhile...

Blind Faith was a great one album wonder.

I'm not one to wish Trump failure, I honestly hope he proves my doubts to be unfounded. Enjoy the moment, hopefully there's no devil in the details.
Quote:Trump and Pence already winning. Amazing

Yeah, because "conservatives" want more government interference in the market.

Funny how people sell out when they so badly want to say they are "winning".
Quote:Yeah, because "conservatives" want more government interference in the market.

Funny how people sell out when they so badly want to say they are "winning".

You mad, bro?
Is this all carrier plants or just the one and is it due to being handed out tax breaks?

Quote:You mad, bro?

Liberals are born mad. These losers would rather watch the country remain in the toilet than see Trump succeed. 
I just bought a Carrier, so... good?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8