Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL QB--- Active 30 TD Passing Seasons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I know Bortles hasn't had the greatest year. However, in NFL history, average QBs don't throw 30 TDs per season or for 4,000 yards, PERIOD. Here's a look at ACTIVE QBs seasons of 30+ TDs. 

D.Brees- 9*

T.Brady- 6

A.Rodgers- 6*

P.Rivers- 5*

T.Romo- 4

Big Ben-3*

E.Manning- 3

M.Ryan-2*

M.Stafford-2

D.Carr-2*

C.Palmer-2

B.Bortles-1

J.Winston-1*

M.Mariota-1*

R.Wilson-1

A.Luck-1

A.Dalton-1

C.Newton-1

R.Fitzpatrick-1

J.Flacco-0

J.Cutler-0

R.Tannehill-0

A.Smith-0

S.Bradford-0

J.McCown-0

RG3-0

C.Kaepernick-0

D.Prescott-0

T.Taylor-0

K.Cousins-0

* = including this year already (greater than 60% chance they will throw for 30+ in 2016)

Eli Manning (20), Blake Bortles (20), Kirk Cousins (20), Matthew Stafford (19), Andrew Luck (19) all have outside chances to hit 30 this year and add to their total with 5 games to go.

Average QBs don't throw for 30 TDs and 4,000 yards CONSISTENTLY. Maybe, Ryan Fitzpatrick can have a fluke, career year. Sure, Russell Wilson, Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, Alex Smith, Sam Bradford, and Joe Flacco have limited their mistakes over their careers but it's their DEFENSE that carries them----not their arm. 

Bottom line, Jags need a new coach ASAP as everyone knows. Bortles has a shot at 30 TDs and 4,000 yards in back to back years. You can talk about garbage time all you want but no NFL team in their right mind gets rid of a 30 TD/4,000 yard QB at age 24. Tom Brady didn't even hit 30 TDs until AGE 28. This is the Jags we are talking about......

Yup,, BB has been really good this year space. Everyone with eyeballs knows how well he's played this season. Lol.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

In this era of the NFL, somewhere around 28-32 TDs and 3750-4250 yards is about normal for a QB that plays all 16 games of the season.

250 yds x 16 games = 4000 yds

2 TD x 16 games = 32 TD

Blake Bortles this season is proof positive that this is the case. BB has been at the bottom of most people's QB rankings all year. He has not looked good in more than half of the games so far. He's had many throws that wobble sideways like flopping punts. And, announcers for many games in a row dogged BB about accuracy, throwing motion, decision-making, etc.

No one in their right mind thinks that Bortles has played well most of the season.

But, even with all that, here it is that BB will end up with around 30 TD and 4000 yds (assuming he plays all 16 games).

I rest my case.
I like Blake. And I think a new staff could potentially fix him, especially since he's so young.

But that's 19 QBs in your list. That's more than half the league. Not exactly world beating.

Some people may not remember this, but Tom Brady wasn't exactly a prolific passer numbers-wise early in his career. He was just a clutch player when it was needed (which was the thing that made him really good).

When he was young, and the Pats won 3 SBs in 4 years, the Pats had a really good running game and a very good defense that they relied on in those years. Brady made clutch plays when he had to. But, they weren't winning because he was flinging the ball all over the place each game.
Quote:Yup,, BB has been really good this year space. Everyone with eyeballs knows how well he's played this season. Lol.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

In this era of the NFL, somewhere around 28-32 TDs and 3750-4250 yards is about normal for a QB that plays all 16 games of the season.

250 yds x 16 games = 4000 yds

2 TD x 16 games = 32 TD

Blake Bortles this season is proof positive that this is the case. BB has been at the bottom of most people's QB rankings all year. He has not looked good in more than half of the games so far. He's had many throws that wobble sideways like flopping punts. And, announcers for many games in a row dogged BB about accuracy, throwing motion, decision-making, etc.

No one in their right mind thinks that Bortles has played well most of the season.

But, even with all that, here it is that BB will end up with around 30 TD and 4000 yds (assuming he plays all 16 games).

I rest my case.

If Bortles can throw for 30 TDs and 4,000 yards IN A BAD YEAR on a BAD team with the worst coach in NFL history....what's Bortle's upside on a good team with a good coach? MVP?

Ive been on his case like everyone else but I believe in the guy. You can see him trying hard. Getting drilled play after play and taking hits he doesn't have to take. I'm sticking with him.
Quote:Ive been on his case like everyone else but I believe in the guy. You can see him trying hard. Getting drilled play after play and taking hits he doesn't have to take. I'm sticking with him.

Same. I think he just needs better structure around him at this stage of his career.
Quote:I like Blake. And I think a new staff could potentially fix him, especially since he's so young.

But that's 19 QBs in your list. That's more than half the league. Not exactly world beating.

Most of those QBs have played 10 plus years. Bortles has a chance to accomplish this in 2 out of 3 years. 
Good Lord. This knucklehead is back?
Quote:Good Lord. This knucklehead is back?

You have over 14,000 posts and I've yet to see 1 of them that includes statistics, critical thinking, or analytics. What a waste of everyone's time. 

If you include his pick 6s, he throws about 40 TDs a year.
Quote:If you include his pick 6s, he throws about 40 TDs a year.

Hahahaha

You're saying give bb a better team, but what if arob, hurns and Lee had a better qb? What might their numbers look like?
Quote:You have over 14,000 posts and I've yet to see 1 of them that includes statistics, critical thinking, or analytics. What a waste of everyone's time. 

I think my post was actually pretty critical of you.  And I don't need to post selective statistics to try to make my bro look better than he really is.

Wow, you've read through all 14,000 of my posts?  Good grief, you actually don't have a life.

Out of curiosity, where did you disappear to when Blakey looked like a giant dog turd the last three weeks.  Where was the 'statistical analysis' then?

I've read most of Rico's 14,690 posts...they're mostly pretty useless.

Quote:If Bortles can throw for 30 TDs and 4,000 yards IN A BAD YEAR on a BAD team with the worst coach in NFL history....what's Bortle's upside on a good team with a good coach? MVP?

How many of those TD's were in the 1st half of games?

And how many were when the game has been decided? Didn't he throw one with 1 second on clock against Titans? That game was over before it started.
It would be dumb to give up on Bortles, work on his issues, bring in somebody to compete and let him know he better shape up and keep getting better

Bortles issues is he has to be more consistent., but he has the talent and even last week he played very good 

Quote:If Bortles can throw for 30 TDs and 4,000 yards IN A BAD YEAR on a BAD team with the worst coach in NFL history....what's Bortle's upside on a good team with a good coach? MVP?

I'm agreeing with you, knucklehead. I'm just saying that Bortles' play has not been good this year, so he'll get around just below average to average numbers for 16 game starting QBs (28-32 TD,, 3750-4250 yds).

If Bortles had been playing well this season (much better than what he's played in a lot of games), then he'd probably be reaching 40+ TDs and near 5000yds.

Not to mention, the Jags probably would've won at least a few more games anyway.

If Bortles could clean up the mechanics/accuracy, and especially the turnovers, he'd be posting high numbers, including wins.

That's the big question though. Will Bortles clean all that up and become the franchise QB the Jags need?

The Jags game plan looked good against Buffalo. The announcer mentioned that Hackett was trying to design the game away from areas that Bortles struggled in, trying to help BB limit/avoid mistakes.

His numbers were fairly pedestrian. But, the big thing was NO INTs. And, the Jags had a real chance to win that game even with the special teams and coaching gaffes. I'd take that kind of play every time.
Quote:It would be dumb to give up on Bortles, work on his issues, bring in somebody to compete and let him know he better shape up and keep getting better

Bortles issues is he has to be more consistent., but he has the talent and even last week he played very good

I agree. He's shown a LOT of good things. Mixed with a lot of bad. He needs proper development. I'm certainly not giving up on him, especially if we can get someone like Marvin Lewis or even McDaniels to work with him.
Quote:I think my post was actually pretty critical of you.  And I don't need to post selective statistics to try to make my bro look better than he really is.

Wow, you've read through all 14,000 of my posts?  Good grief, you actually don't have a life.

Out of curiosity, where did you disappear to when Blakey looked like a giant dog turd the last three weeks.  Where was the 'statistical analysis' then?

I fell asleep at "I think". Most confident people don't "think", they "know". You just have a low self esteem and bring NOTHING to this forum. Go ahead and create an intelligent thread, I challenge you to use your useless intelligence and high school dropout IQ. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8