Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags Will Get Their First Win This Weekend Vs San Diego
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Classic let down game for the Chargers. Big Monday night football win for them at home, and then they travel cross country to play east-coast lackluster team at 1pm. 

The Jags were never as bad as the hyperbole of the first 4 weeks was saying, as I pointed out then - 3 of the 4 losses the Jags sustained, and all the blowout losses were to teams that are/ will be SB contending teams.

PLus they didn't have their best player in Blackmon. 

In the last 2 games, the Jags have played better football, and I'm not surprised. 

This week the Jags will beat the Chargers, and probably really hurt their chances at getting Teddy Bridgewater in the process, but hey.....at least we'll have a meaningless win (considering the bigger picture), probably the first of at least 3 or 4 this season.

Was thinking over this today as well.  I just kinda 'feel' it in my bones.  If we can get Shorts and Lewis back I'd give us a fair shot this week.  

We are not beating the Chargers this week.

Meaningless wins....

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quote:Meaningless wins....

You're damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I'm over tanking to be honest.  Winning is more fun.  I miss winning.
Never on board with tanking, if we can WIN let's do it.

A buddy of mine is a Chargers fan, and he said he was kinda scared about this game. I don't really agree with him. I think Rivers is gonna have a field day on us. Yeah, I know we just held the great Peyton Manning to a sub-par performance by his standards, but lets be honest. The Broncos still scored 35 points with the turnovers they had, and they still played pretty damn sloppy all game.

I don't know, I'm not buying into any of the "hype" from the last game. If Poz doesn't take that INT back, we would be looking at a 13-35 or possibly worse loss 'cause the Broncos were kinda driving the ball downfield.

Yeah, we took some strides I guess you could say offensively, but the Broncos have been giving up huge numbers all year, so it isn't anything to hang your hat on.

Just my opinion of course.

Bye bye Teddy, hello Mariota!

what some of you are forgetting is the Chargers really aren't all that good (yet) either. They won their superbowl last night, thats about it. 

Quote:Bye bye Teddy, hello Mariota!

Hello continued losing. 
The Chargers are better than us in every phase of the game, this team will continue to battle but lacks the necessary talent to consistently compete against superior teams.
I doubt it and I sure hope we don't win, I want a real QB for the Jags.

It will be fun to see Blackmon vs Cox.

Quote:what some of you are forgetting is the Chargers really aren't all that good (yet) either. They won their superbowl last night, thats about it.

The Chargers could easily be 5-1, they have one of the better QB's in football, if you think a win against the Colts was their super bowl you're truly ignorant.
Quote:The Chargers are better than us in every phase of the game, this team will continue to battle but lacks the necessary talent to consistently compete against superior teams.

And the Broncos were FAR better than us in many aspects and ultimately "struggled" (for their standards) to win the game. 

The Jags will beat the Chargers. The Chargers are a mediocre team, and one that just came off a big win and now has to travel to the east coast to play a 1pm game. 

Classic set up for a let down for the Chargers. 
Quote:The Chargers could easily be 5-1, they have one of the better QB's in football, if you think a win against the Colts was there super bowl you're truly ignorant.

I like Rivers and agree with you pimping him. However, the rest of their team isn't that good (yet), and yes, last night was their superbowl for this season. 

Jags beat the Chargers. 

lol at TMD thinking we win 4 games this year.  That's hilarious.

Quote:lol at TMD thinking we win 4 games this year.  That's hilarious.

have you seen the rest of our schedule?...
Yes.  Have you seen our team perform this year?

Quote:have you seen the rest of our schedule?...
Yeah, but have you watched any of our games?

We have Henne as our QB. The guy can't score TD's in the redzone whatsoever. Sure he can make some plays when the field is spread out and guys can get open, but when you put him in a condensed zone where he has barely any space to throw the dude becomes captain interception.

And please, don't start thinking that since we played halfway decent defense against the mighty Broncos that we are all the sudden some defensive juggernaut. It was a classic trap/let down game for them, and we got a lot of breaks. INT for TD, Manning fumbles a snap(When the hell does that EVER happen???). I mean, come on man. Sure we got Blackmon back and he is going to help us get in FG range a lot more, but don't expect us to start putting up 30 points a game and holding anyone to under 28.

We still bad mayne, we still real bad.
Quote:I like Rivers and agree with you pimping him. However, the rest of their team isn't that good (yet), and yes, last night was their superbowl for this season. 

Jags beat the Chargers. 

I disagree, I don't see the Jaguars winning or even competing in this game. The Chargers will win at the line of scrimmage on the offensive and defensive side of the ball, Philip Rivers will have all day to find Antonio Gates/Keenan Allen/Vincent Brown etc., Danny Woodhead is a nightmare for are linebackers to cover out of the backfield, Ryan Mathews ran effectively between the tackles last night and will do the same against us, we haven't stopped the run all year. We don't win at the LOS (especially on offense) and don't have a QB good enough to compensate for such a deficiency, that's why I can see this team going 0-16.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5