Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What To Look For Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Obviously, nobody is expecting a huge upset. Anyone who does predict that has probably already been called an idiot. However, that does not mean watching the game on Sunday is a waste of our time. Pay attention to our execution. Is everyone showing effort all day or are some guys giving up when they get far behind? Are they treating this game like a preseason game or playing like they believe it is possible to win? Will playing against their former coach (JDR) and teammate (Terrance Knighton) affect them? In other words, look for a real attempt to win this game against all odds. If we don't believe we have a chance to win even the hardest game of the year, we will show that in how we play and make a lot of stupid mistakes that only make the game worse.

Mind you, I am not saying have more faith in winning or keeping the score close. I know that is very hard to do after seeing four blowout losses and a 14-point loss. But that pessimism is not an option for the Jaguars players. They have to believe they can do what most people say is impossible. While we don't need the faith, they certainly do to even look decent on the field.

It also is important to focus not on the scoreboard, but how Denver is scoring and we are not. Which positions or players are the biggest culprits? Is anybody playing decent considering who the opponent is? When we struggle, is it mostly us being bad, Denver being good, or a combination of both? That is how we should watch the game, since we all know we need a miracle to pull off an upset.

There you go again JW,  Laughing

does people actually read these long essays lol

Quote: 

It also is important to focus not on the scoreboard, but how Denver is scoring and we are not. Which positions or players are the biggest culprits? Is anybody playing decent considering who the opponent is? When we struggle, is it mostly us being bad, Denver being good, or a combination of both? That is how we should watch the game, since we all know we need a miracle to pull off an upset.
Wise words.  ^   This is a good opportunity to evaluate our rookie safeties and our 2nd year nickel who will face Welker. 
Quote:does people actually read these long essays lol

Does people actually go to school?

Only in America will a college-level paragraph be called an essay.

(Assuming she removed the spaces, of course)

Quote:Does people actually go to school?

I totally agree with JW. We know we'll lose so let's concentrate on watching the development of the players that will be returning next season.
Quote:Obviously, nobody is expecting a huge upset. Anyone who does predict that has probably already been called an idiot. However, that does not mean watching the game on Sunday is a waste of our time. Pay attention to our execution. Is everyone showing effort all day or are some guys giving up when they get far behind? Are they treating this game like a preseason game or playing like they believe it is possible to win? Will playing against their former coach (JDR) and teammate (Terrance Knighton) affect them? In other words, look for a real attempt to win this game against all odds. If we don't believe we have a chance to win even the hardest game of the year, we will show that in how we play and make a lot of stupid mistakes that only make the game worse.

Mind you, I am not saying have more faith in winning or keeping the score close. I know that is very hard to do after seeing four blowout losses and a 14-point loss. But that pessimism is not an option for the Jaguars players. They have to believe they can do what most people say is impossible. While we don't need the faith, they certainly do to even look decent on the field.

It also is important to focus not on the scoreboard, but how Denver is scoring
and we are not. Which positions or players are the biggest culprits? Is anybody playing decent considering who the opponent is? When we struggle, is it mostly us being bad, Denver being good, or a combination of both? That is how we should watch the game, since we all know we need a miracle to pull off an upset.
Laughing I'm thinking Manning is going to throw the ball.............a lot.
Quote: 

<div>
Does people actually go to school?

</div>
youre giving JW too much credit, thats a borderline high school level essay tbh.
Quote:does people actually read these long essays lol
 Not from JW.
I'm interested to watch the secondary, and Ace Sanders.  Would be nice to see Denard too. Paztor too, thought he played well last week. 

If he plays, Blackmon clowning Champ Bailey and making him fake an injury just to get off the field.

we might as well just hurt Manning on purpose

This game will be kept in the memory bank when Manning retires in 2 years and Elway drafts bust after bust at QB and the Broncos become the bottom dwellers of the NFL. One can only hope anyway.

OK, back to the College Football forum.

Look for me. I'll be at the game, wearing a Jags jersey (either Jimmy Smith or Boselli) with a paper bag over my head. The paper bag will likely have a mustache drawn on it, if I can figure out how to do so.

Funny story: I walked into a liquor store near my house and asked if they had any brown paper grocery bags. The clerk handed me one and asked what it was for. I told her, and she grabbed three more and apologized in advance.

Quote: I'm thinking Manning is going to throw the ball a lot.
That is only part of it. Manning can throw all day and none of it will matter without tight ends and wide receivers.  So the question is how will our secondary perform against Eric Decker, Wes Welker, and Dametriyus Thomas?
I would be very happy if we got some form of pressure on manning and would love to see us pick him off. If we got 2 sacks and a pick on manning I would call that a victory for our defense.

I would also like to see cyprien improving in coverage as thus far he has been a bit of a liability and i think manning will pick on him this week.

On offense, if mojo could improve on last weeks rushing performance and perhaps hit the 100 mark I would be very happy.

Like to see patzsor and bradfield improve from last week.
What to look for?   I assume you mean, what to look for whenever I have the courage to uncover my eyes? 

I'm looking for the Broncos' backup QB sometime in the 3rd quarter.  

Quote:Look for me. I'll be at the game, wearing a Jags jersey (either Jimmy Smith or Boselli) with a paper bag over my head. The paper bag will likely have a mustache drawn on it, if I can figure out how to do so.

Funny story: I walked into a liquor store near my house and asked if they had any brown paper grocery bags. The clerk handed me one and asked what it was for. I told her, and she grabbed three more and apologized in advance.

Why the paper bag?  Just so you can get on TV? 
Quote:".....Pay attention to our execution...."

THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!  
Pages: 1 2 3