Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Caldwell Is A Genius
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

With the recent Monroe trade I'll admit that I was a little bit shocked at first but now after having thought about it for awhile, I truly believe that this might be one of the best trades in franchise history. The Jags now have about 10 draft picks.This reminds me a whole lot of Jimmy Johnson and the early 1990's Dallas Cowboys.

Not to mention that the Jags have a huge amount of salary cap space available next year for free agency and we can bring in a lot of experienced guys to finally plug up some persistent holes. I truly believe that if the Jags can hit big on the draft and free agency, than we could be back in the playoffs in about 2 years. Even if we do finish 0-16, or 1-15. And if we can build and develop the young talent that we have now, than by the end of the decade the Jags could be mentioned in the same breath as the Broncos and Patriots.

So you know what? I can care less now if this team goes 0-16 this year. If going 0-16 this year means going undefeated in another year than I'm all for it. It's just a shame though that if Khan gets his way the Jags might be celebrating their first Super Bowl win in LA, or London, rather than right here in Jacksonville.

:blink:  :ermm:  Wallbash

Quote:With the recent Monroe trade I'll admit that I was a little bit shocked at first but now after having thought about it for awhile, I truly believe that this might be the best trade in franchise history. The Jags now have about 10 draft picks, two of which are in the 1st round. 

Say what now?  

:no:

The best trade this team ever had was trading Rob Johnson, which allowed us to get Fred Taylor & Donovan Darius.
50/50 a player is a bust. Teddy will be GOAT. 9 other picks, hopefully we hit on 4-5 others
Quote:Say what now?

Yea he lost me there.

Love that avi btw. Thank me anytime :thumbsup:
<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">Here’s a breakdown of the Jaguars draft picks for 2014.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">1st round- Jaguars pick.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">2nd round -- Jaguars pick.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">3rd round -- Jaguars pick.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">4th round -- Jaguars pick.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">4th round -- From Baltimore in Monroe deal.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">5th round -- Jaguars pick.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">5th round -- From Detroit in Mike Thomas deal.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">5th round – From Baltimore in Monroe deal.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">6th round – Jaguars pick.

<p style="font-size:13px;font-family:helvetica, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,0);">7th round – Jaguars pick.
Quote:Yea he lost me there.

Love that avi btw. Thank me anytime :thumbsup:
:thanks:      :thumbsup:
Quote:Say what now?  

Lol the only thing I can think he was trying to say is with the 1st pick of the second round its almost like having 2 1st round picks? But in reality its not. Sorry thats the only thing I can guess at.
Quote: It's just a shame though that if Khan gets his way the Jags might be celebrating their first Super Bowl win in LA, or London, rather than right here in Jacksonville.

Whaaa? Khan has invested plenty to prove he won't move the Jags. Take the man at his words and actions. What has he said or done to make you think otherwise? He deserves the same support you're giving Caldwell. 
Quote:With the recent Monroe trade I'll admit that I was a little bit shocked at first but now after having thought about it for awhile, I truly believe that this might be the best trade in franchise history. The Jags now have about 10 draft picks, two of which are in the 1st round. Imagine if the Jags not only draft Teddy Bridgewater, but also draft a guy like Jake Matthews, or Antonio Richardson? This reminds me a whole lot of Jimmy Johnson and the early 1990's Dallas Cowboys.

Not to mention that the Jags have a huge amount of salary cap space available next year for free agency and we can bring in a lot of experienced guys to finally plug up some persistent holes. I truly believe that if the Jags can hit big on the draft and free agency, than we could be back in the playoffs in about 2 years. Even if we do finish 0-16, or 1-15. And if we can build and develop the young talent that we have now, than by the end of the decade the Jags could be mentioned in the same breath as the Broncos and Patriots.

So you know what? I can care less now if this team goes 0-16 this year. If going 0-16 this year means going undefeated in another year than I'm all for it. It's just a shame though that if Khan gets his way the Jags might be celebrating their first Super Bowl win in LA, or London, rather than right here in Jacksonville.
Fail
Caldwell has strengths and weaknesses like anyone else. The problem is some people are so all or nothing. If you thought the Monroe trade was good you are not objective and by the same token this bad trade doesn't make Caldwell horrible. I think so far he's pretty good at finding talent. Which is alot more than can be said about Gene Smith.

Quote:Whaaa? Khan has invested plenty to prove he won't move the Jags. Take the man at his words and actions. What has he said or done to make you think otherwise? He deserves the same support you're giving Caldwell. 

You stole my avatar. Sad

But yeah, we don't have two picks in the first round. Sorry. 
Caldwell better do very, very extensive research on who is the best player to take at #1 this year. Making the wrong choice on Gabbert has set this franchise back 3-4 years. We cannot afford another bust at this point. If we take another QB with the first pick and he doesn't pan out, it could be the nail in the coffin for this franchise. Bridgewater looks like the obvious choice here but Caldwell be make sure he's pinpointed all of the guys weaknesses. Seriously, how did Gene Smiff watch hours of film on Gabbert and not see that the guy has zero pocket awareness? We can't afford an oversight like that in this draft.
Reminds him of Jimmy Johnson.. Wow.
I had a nightmare that Caldwell extended gabberts contract making him the highest paid QB.
Apparently the browns wanted Monroe. Wonder what they would have or tried to give up.
hELLO, hELLO? search the board before creating a thread  how about it. As you can see I was the first to anoint the Caldwell as Genius.

I must be recognized!!!http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top...-a-genius/

Remember when Gene Smith was crowned a genius by this board?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...clnk&gl=us

whats the word? oh Yeah........rabble, rabble, rabble

Pages: 1 2 3 4