Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: At What Point Is Gus Bradley On The Hot Seat?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Let me start out by saying that I'm a huge Bradley fan and loved the hire. I'm not condoning the idea of canning him after one season, but they were talking about his job security on Fox Sports a few minutes ago. Basically, they were saying that if the Jaguars finish either 1-15 or 0-16, then changes have to be considered for the 3rd time in 3 years. While I'm against giving somebody a maximum of one season to prove themselves as an HC (Unless your name rhymes with Like Tularkey), is it a possibility? If this team somehow finds a way to lose 16 games, do they really have a choice?

Third season
The only change I can see happening is Jedd Fisch being gone at the end of the year.  Bradley is safe, and he should be.  He shouldn't be in the hot seat unless we do not see improvement next year.  

He's getting his feet wet as far as coaching goes with the worst roster in the NFL.  

Mularkey had to go because he was tied to the hip with Gene Smith.  And Gene Smith absolutely had to go.  You could not ask a GM to come in and keep Mularkey. To not bring in his new guy.  Caldwell is safe, and so is Bradley.  At least for this year.

There is NO Attention to Detail on this team.  Not only do we suck, we can't even refrain from illegal procedures and jumping offsides.

Camp Cupcake is alive and well here in Jacksonville.  Why are we treating these players as if we're just happy to have them be part of this rebuilding process.   Where is the accountability ?

Sure, our players stink BUT to get 69 yard in the 1st half vs ~ 270 yards is lame.   We're like one of those FCS college teams that takes $800,000 to get their [BLEEP] kicked by a BCS team.

No time soon.

I don't think this conversation should even start until next season, assuming we do draft a QB. Most likely we'll really be able to judge Caldwell and Bradley beginning with the third season.

He doesn't even have an NFL QB backup or otherwise.  

It's wayyyyy too early to even consider his seat hot yet...

He has at least another 2 years until those considerations can come out.

Let Caldwell get his QB in the draft first.

Give Gus a chance. He is better than any of the coaches we had in jax other than of course the obvious. Gus is a true leader taking the blame on himself/coaches. He will definitely turn around the team. You can't judge a coach when your starting QB is Gabbert or Henne. He needs at least three years even if we go 0-16 this year.
Quote:He doesn't even have an NFL QB backup or otherwise.  

An NFL QB, the guy doesnt even have a Pop warner QB starting

Gus has to atleast the end of next year before you think about it
Quote:Give Gus a chance. 
Thank you John Lennon.

All we are one

Give Gus a chance.

This is a completely unfair thread topic. Vince Lombardi would be 0-4 in this situation.

Quote:Thank you John Lennon.

All we are one

Give Gus a chance.

That's good! Laughing
I don't know, you go 0-16 and there is going to be some big questions going into the off season especially since this team isn't getting better but worse.

The question one must ask is did Gus do better than Mularkey. (Who many felt deserved the can). Mularkey was 2-14. If you cant do better than that or at least look competitive (another mark on Mularkey) then you should be shown the Door.
When the stench of gene smith is removed
He's not in any hot seat this season even if it's 0 - 16. You can't just rotate coaches like a revolving door. Mularkey was a lost dog as a head coach where Gus knows what he's looking for. He did it with Pete Carroll from the get-go and he'll do it again.

Even Mularkey went 2-14. Don't care they gutted the roster because that sounds like a me problem. We can't go 0-16 and right now it's not one team in the league we can beat; Rams is our best chance. I really wish Caldwell would've went and gotten his buddy Greg Roman. Think the being friends factored heavily into not hiring him.

Gus is a good coach. He's not on the hot seat in 2013, nor 14, If we're 2 - 14 in 2016.... Talk then.
The players on defense aren't quitting. They're playing hard. To me, that's coaching.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5