Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Its Time To Just Go With A Different Qb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
We need to do like the Browns and just go with the odd QB, there new owner GM and coach are down with the QB they didnt draft and skipped over the vet Backup QB in Campbell and just gave Hoyer a chance.

Its time for use to do the same, just go with Stanzi let Henne back him up, and just give up on Gabbert he cant play.

If its gonna be this awful try something different 

Quote:We need to do like the Browns and just go with the odd QB, the new owner GM and coach are down with the QB they didnt draft and skipped over the vet Backup QB in Campbell and just gave Hoyer a chance.

Its time for use to do the same, just go with Stanzi let Henne back him up, and just give up on Gabbert he cant play.

If its gonna be this awful try something different 

Stanzi should be the guy in few more weeks. He's gone but not forgotten.
Unfortunately the draft doesn't start until. after the season. So  I could really care less. We are not playing for the playoffs.

We would also need to resign Stanzi first for that. I'd rather see Scott.

Gabbert deserves a couple more seasons. He's shown potential
They'll re-sign Stanzi by Tuesday morning. 

I understand going with Gabbert but I don't think it will be justifiable much longer.  

Let's sink with Gabbert.  Gives us a chance to get a QB in the draft.  Nobody we sign is going to make us significantly better.  

Quote:Gabbert deserves a couple more seasons. He's shown potential

Let me add on...

Potential to be the worst QB ever. 

Wait... He has already accomplished that.
I wouldn't mind giving Matt Scott a chance.
Quote:Gabbert deserves a couple more seasons. He's shown potential

You can't be serious.
Tecnically Jamarcus Russell has fewer passing yards per game than Gabbert, so you could make the argument that Gabbert is only the second worst QB in NFL history.  Gotta give Gabbert a few more starts to get into that top position..

Quote:Tecnically Jamarcus Russell has fewer passing yards per game than Gabbert, so you could make the argument that Gabbert is only the second worst QB in NFL history.  Gotta give Gabbert a few more starts to get into that top position..

Its just all the 4th quarter two minute garbage time stats that coaches have fed him throughout his career long after he has thrown the game far, far away.  
I'd rather just let this year keep on being terrible to ensure the Jaguars get Bridgewater.

I know the bib wearers will scream and cry over it, but the last thing I want is to win a couple of meaningless games. At least with Gabbert we can be sure we'll be good at getting great draft position. Someone else could mess that up.

I'm sitting here watching Peyton Manning throw strikes...

Ughh...

Matt Scott please.

Lets activate Scott and go with him and Stanzi...it could not possibly be worse!

Quote:Its just all the 4th quarter two minute garbage time stats that coaches have fed him throughout his career long after he has thrown the game far, far away.  

Gabbert is bad but tries. JaMarcus was just lazy. Edge to Gabbs for effort.
Quote:Let's sink with Gabbert.  Gives us a chance to get a QB in the draft.  Nobody we sign is going to make us significantly better.  
Its not the losing its the terrible losses, atleast Henne put up some points, Gabbert 3 points in 2 games Henne 26 points in 2 games
Quote:Matt Scott please.
Yea I wouldnt mind Scott either maybe latter in the year
Quote:Lets activate Scott and go with him and Stanzi...it could not possibly be worse!

At least this way Scott gets game time reps to develop into a solid backup for Bridgewater.

Starting Gabbert is a waste...He's not on this team next year.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5