Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Evans Is A Beast
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Playing like a stud so far against the Clots.

Agreed, he is making Lowery look expendable.
Quote:Agreed, he is making Prosinski look expendable.
FiFY

Why get rid of good players?!?
He has made a few good plays.  He looks much better than last week.  That was pretty ugly. 

Can I get an "Atta boy" for calling this on draft day.  I also went on record to say he is our best defensive player as far as raw talent.  Told ya so! 

Yes, he is doing pretty well.

But it's not that hard to look good on a crappy team... Or maybe it is..?

Quote:Can I get an "Atta boy" for calling this on draft day.  I also went on record to say he is our best defensive player as far as raw talent.  Told ya so! 

No.   Still way too early for any 'atta boys.  He's having one decent game after looking completely lost half of the time last week.   
Here's the question: Does Lowery start when he's healthy or do you keep Evans out there?

Yea Evans gonna be a good one, we have a nice young DB field, would like one more stud CB and they will be set

Proz is a good backup and a beast special teamer, if evans really is the future. that makes lowery overpaid and expendable. 

WHen Gratz comes back we could have an all rookie secondary considering McCray has looked good at CB and Evans/ Cyprien looking good. Will Blackmon did suprise me with his aggressive play though and likely locked down the starting CB spot opposite Gratz when he returns from injury.
Evans has had some rough patches but I think he looks like a keeper.

Quote:Agreed, he is making Lowery look expendable.

Evans has the higher ceiling than Lowery, and at this point, theres no reason not to play the younger player with more upside....but I am not convinced that Evans will turn out to be what I'd really like to see at that position - being a true difference maker at the position like an Earl Thomas.

Play Evans for now, and keep looking for said FS...
Quote:Can I get an "Atta boy" for calling this on draft day.  I also went on record to say he is our best defensive player as far as raw talent.  Told ya so! 
I'd give you an "Atta boy" if you had said Cyprien.
Quote:I'd give you an "Atta boy" if you had said Cyprien.

Cyprien?.....why? He looks no more talented than any of the other draft choices lower than his, and we spent the 33rd overall on that guy. 

Big time "meh". 
Quote:Cyprien?.....why? He looks no more talented than any of the other draft choices lower than his, and we spent the 33rd overall on that guy. 

Big time "meh". 
Considering the situation he's in with the pass rush, he makes plays. Something we haven't seen in the secondary since 2007.

If two FFs and a sack through 4 games is "meh" then I am infatuated with "meh" players and pray we load up on them

Cyprien makes rookie mistakes and isn't extraordinary in coverage but you'd have to have ridiculously high standards for rookies if you're going to pass off that type of production as "meh"

I can't fathom how someone that claims to watch Jaguars football can be bah humbug about Cyprien so far. I really can't.
Quote:Considering the situation he's in with the pass rush, he makes plays. Something we haven't seen in the secondary since 2007.

If two FFs and a sack through 4 games is "meh" then I am infatuated with "meh" players and pray we load up on them

Cyprien makes rookie mistakes and isn't extraordinary in coverage but you'd have to have ridiculously high standards for rookies if you're going to pass off that type of production as "meh"

I can't fathom how someone that claims to watch Jaguars football can be bah humbug about Cyprien so far. I really can't.
We have a dearth of playmakers.

He is one of the few.

It's his 1st year.

He should get better with more experience.

I can't wait to see what he turns into.

But haters are going to hate.

Don't pay them any mind...
Quote:Cyprien?.....why? He looks no more talented than any of the other draft choices lower than his, and we spent the 33rd overall on that guy. 

Big time "meh". 

I would say that you'll be eating those words in a year or two, but you never eat your words, you just re-chew them and claim what is regurgitated is something completely different.
Quote:Considering the situation he's in with the pass rush, he makes plays. Something we haven't seen in the secondary since 2007.

Is Cyprien not part of this defense thats 0-4 and giving up vast amount of points this year or something?? 

33rd overall....

as said...."meh"....

When/ if he starts playing better then I'll give him props. 
Quote:Is Cyprien not part of this defense thats 0-4 and giving up vast amount of points this year or something?? 

33rd overall....

as said...."meh"....

When/ if he starts playing better then I'll give him props. 

Bordering on strawman. I fail to see your point in regards to Cyprien's development as a player.

And even then, Cyprien is hardly a weak spot on the defense.

You're insinuating that he's not impressive for a rookie thrown onto a young, gutted defense at his draft spot and that is about as objectively wrong as you can possibly be about him at this point.
Pages: 1 2 3