Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Do you still get excited to watch Jaguar football on sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
It's a question I have struggled with. I'm no longer in florida but pay for my sunday NFL ticket.  I watch every game and record it to rewatch later.  I really don't know if I am excited to watch Jaguar football right now.

It's fun to watch a team compete and actually have a chance of winning.  This team is so far from being a good team it's hard to see how long this project is going to take.  The team's theme is patience but this team has been lousey for well over a decade.  Yes we went to the playoff's a couple of times and got whooped.  Yes we had one good year (2007) where the team actually looked good.

I must be a gluten of punishment because I can't help but be a Jaguar fan.  I was with the team when they started and will continue to be with them.  The only difference know is instead of being excited I am worried how bad are we going to get beat each week.

The only thing I can say is atleast we aren't the browns Blush

I miss the days when the jaguars were a competent team and not the joke of the nlf. Confusedweat:

I still am, but it kinda sucks when the team is so bad that 3 games into the season, I am now already on draft pick watch...  Wallbash 

Quote: 

The only thing I can say is atleast we aren't the browns Blush

meh, not too far off of it...
Im always excited about the Jaguas. I don't care how bad we are. I love the team.

I always do.  Even knowing they'll be annihilated Sunday, I'm still looking forward to the game.  Without victory as a distraction, my eye will be tuned to watching for improvements and development in our rookies and junior players.  

Once we get a good QB, everything will fall into place. The defense will be on the field less, and will have motivation to get the ball back to an offense that can actually score. It's no coincidence that elite QB's are some of the highest payed athletes on the planet.

Of course.. I always expect too much tho. 

Quote:Once we get a good QB, everything will fall into place. The defense will be on the field less, and will have motivation to get the ball back to an offense that can actually score. It's no coincidence that elite QB's are some of the highest payed athletes on the planet.

I agree with this...totally. 
I'm excited! We need that first overall pick next year though to solidify a franchise qb!
I love Jaguars football and enjoy being a part of the ride, the ups and downs.

I too have NFL Sunday Ticket as it's about my only way to watch each game. Are they sometimes tough to watch? Yes that's true but I love the team and regardless of how bad they look I see bright spots. Ace Sanders being one. This team needed a lot of work after years of questionable player acquisition and personnel hiring and one offseason was not going to fix it. Two won't do it but I get the feeling that by the end of 2014 most of you will feel better about the team's outlook. Actually, I'll guarantee it. Bookmark this post, I'm calling it now.

This year is a wash and I've thought that for a while now. This is the beginning stages of a long term plan. I'm excited to see if it works and to see if the direction Caldwell has for this team is the right one.

Next year is when we will get a QB and I hope it's with the 1st pick of the draft. There should be a better QBs available next year it appears and I want Caldwell to have his pick of the litter.
It's easy to say "when the team gets a good QB."

The problem is there has been areas of this team that we haven't had in over 10 years

1. A good QB,  Leftwich or garrard was not good but average at best.  The rest flat out suck

2. A pass rushing DE.  We haven't had a solid DE since Tony Brackens. I'm not counting one year wonders like Hayward

3. A good CB: Mathis was washed up years ago and Cox couldn't stay on the field

Thats 3 premium positions this team has lacked good consistent play for years.  Yes we will be a better team once we fill these holes but who knows how long it's going to take

Quote:I love Jaguars football and enjoy being a part of the ride, the ups and downs.

I too have NFL Sunday Ticket as it's about my only way to watch each game. Are they sometimes tough to watch? Yes that's true but I love the team and regardless of how bad they look I see bright spots. Ace Sanders being one. This team needed a lot of work after years of questionable player acquisition and personnel hiring and one offseason was not going to fix it. Two won't do it but I get the feeling that by the end of 2014 most of you will feel better about the team's outlook. Actually, I'll guarantee it. Bookmark this post, I'm calling it now.

This year is a wash and I've thought that for a while now. This is the beginning stages of a long term plan. I'm excited to see if it works and to see if the direction Caldwell has for this team is the right one.

Next year is when we will get a QB and I hope it's with the 1st pick of the draft. There should be a better QBs available next year it appears and I want Caldwell to have his pick of the litter.

I don't mean to be negative but it's almost impossible to look worse then we do now.  If we aren't much better by 2014 this team is really in trouble.
Quote:I don't mean to be negative but it's almost impossible to look worse then we do now. If we aren't much better by 2014 this team is really in trouble.

I don't see you being negative at all. Being realistic about this team leads you to appear negative and I don't hold it against anyone for thinking a certain way right now. My point was I'm not holding as much judgement on this year as I will next because of how bad the previous front office had been. I'll admit I was a supporter of Gene in the beginning (I was also a whole lot younger and was in a stage where I still defended every move the team made. It's just hoe I was at that stage.) But I was wrong.

There are things I haven't been excited about like hiring Jedd Fisch and letting Daryl Smith go but overall the feeling I get is positive.

The team is finally bad enough to get a top pick in a year it appears a franchise QB will be available.
No matter how we are doing, I still get pumped for a jags game.

Excited? No.

Still interested? Yes for now.
Having moved away to SC in the off-season I look forward to seeing them on TV.  I feels like I'm getting a glimpse of home when I watch them play on TV especially the home games.  So yeah I get excited to see them every time they play. 

Yes... Gluten can be very punnishing...
Quote:Excited? No.

Yep, this is the stage im at right now too.

Im on the record for rooting for this team to get the first overall pick, its hard to get excited when you are expecting to get destroyed every week.

But im still going to watch every game, and look forward to analyzing how the young players and those who have a future with this team are doing. But its hard to really get amped up when you know that the product you are watching, especially on offense, does not resemble anything close to mediocre. Thats not the fault of the current regime, and I know they will get that problem fixed soon.
I'm excited to see this defense turn into something relevant by the end of the season.  I think it will.  Obviously there are glaring holes on the def-roster (especially pass rush and #2 CB) but I think we'll see it start to take shape over the next several weeks. 

Not as optimistic about the offense. Too many holes / needs still.....  We might not really know much about Fisch and his playbook until there is more talent on the roster. 

I'll be watching and re-watching every game to evaluate the rookies and other new guys.   Not expecting more than 4 wins at this point...

Quote:Excited? No.

I find this the closest to my feeling.

I'm still watching it for now, hoping I see anything to make me believe better days are ahead.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5