Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How could Henne possibly be worse than Bortles at this point?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Seriously, as badly as Blake is playing if Henne is any worse then he should not even have a backup job in the NFL.  So why are the coaches so against pulling Bortles when he is obviously completely out of sorts.  Give him a game or two off.  It is not like we could be much worse.

Quote:Seriously, as badly as Blake is playing if Henne is any worse then he should not even have a backup job in the NFL.  So why are the coaches so against pulling Bortles when he is obviously completely out of sorts.  Give him a game or two off.  It is not like we could be much worse.

Have you ever seen Henne play?
Quote:Have you ever seen Henne play?

I have.  While it's not anything to write home about... it's not nearly what we've seen out of Blake the last few weeks. 

Henne is mediocre at beast... that would be a significant improvement over the limp ducks being thrown all over the field right now.

You don't miss the 3 yard dump offs on every single play?
At least with Blake we cross the 50 yard line. We had years of Gabs/Henne where we'd never even sniff mid field.
 Yes, Henne is an immobile QB who needs a decent pocket to throw.  In Miami and here when he played he did not have a line that was worth anything.  This year we are doing a better job of pass blocking.  Therefor I expect Henne would put up a better performance compared to what we have seen from him in the past.\

The bottom line here is that if Henne is worse than Bortles is right now then Henne should not be on the team, even as a backup.
Dude... you don't remember Bortles' rookie year?

Bortles HAD to come in because Henne couldn't move the team, at all. 

Henne couldn't throw pick 6s... cuz his passes never got past the LOS.

Henne got us 27 points in 2.5 games of play.

Quote:At least with Blake we cross the 50 yard line. We had years of Gabs/Henne where we'd never even sniff mid field.

The last time Henne was the starter this team was dealing with a roster that was nearly devoid of talent due to Clean Gene.  Current O-Line play and receiver talent are far better than when he played for us.

I think that we have already seen that there is not question that Del Rio is a far better coach than Bradley and it even looks like Mularkey may be a better coach than Bradley.  The problem with the team back then was a complete lack of talent overall.

I am not saying that Henne is our QB of the future.  He is a solid NFL backup but I think that right now a guy who is a solid backup QB by NFL standards is superior to what Bortles is bringing.  I also think the time off will help Bortles.
Quote:Dude... you don't remember Bortles' rookie year?

Bortles HAD to come in because Henne couldn't move the team, at all. 

Henne couldn't throw pick 6s... cuz his passes never got past the LOS.

Henne got us 27 points in 2.5 games of play.

I think the biggest issue Henne had was a complete lack of mobility.  Supposedly our line is better than was then, if you believe the statistics.

Also, Blake was better as a rookie than he is today.  Sad but true.
Quote:I think the biggest issue Henne had was a complete lack of mobility.  Supposedly our line is better than was then, if you believe the statistics.

I agree Bortles is playing poorly...

but if you throw in the towel and start trying different QBs, put in Allen first.

You KNOW what you're getting with Henne.

AND no matter who is at QB we're not winning 6 straight and winning the AFCS with a .500 record... so lets see what Allen got drafted for so we know if he's even a viable competition candidate for next season with Bortles and some veteran not named Chad Henne.
Quote:The last time Henne was the starter this team was dealing with a roster that was nearly devoid of talent due to Clean Gene. Current O-Line play and receiver talent are far better than when he played for us.

I think that we have already seen that there is not question that Del Rio is a far better coach than Bradley and it even looks like Mularkey may be a better coach than Bradley. The problem with the team back then was a complete lack of talent overall.

I am not saying that Henne is our QB of the future. He is a solid NFL backup but I think that right now a guy who is a solid backup QB by NFL standards is superior to what Bortles is bringing. I also think the time off will help Bortles.

Go look at Henne's preseason tape this year and get back to me. Allen outperformed him with roster scrubs.
Quote:I think the biggest issue Henne had was a complete lack of mobility.  Supposedly our line is better than was then, if you believe the statistics.

Also I think Henne's biggest issue is someone is willing to pay him a lot of money to be a terrible starter and a bad backup.

4 or 5 years this guy has stuck around and done nothing positive for the franchise or Bortles.
I wouldn't care.  The end result would be the same.

Quote:I agree Bortles is playing poorly...

but if you throw in the towel and start trying different QBs, put in Allen first.

You KNOW what you're getting with Henne.

AND no matter who is at QB we're not winning 6 straight and winning the AFCS with a .500 record... so lets see what Allen got drafted for so we know if he's even a viable competition candidate for next season with Bortles and some veteran not named Chad Henne.

I would be fine with that.  Find out what you have in the QB's on the team.  With that said, Allen's arm strength did not impress me during the preseason games I saw but he did show potential in understanding the offense and reading defenses even if they were the vanilla pre-season defenses.

I just don't want to see something different at this point.  Put Allen out there for a half, if he is screwing the pooch, switch to Henne.
I'd rather have $800 dollars worth of Hennessy than $8,000,000 dollars worth of Henne.

Yes, Henne is playing on a 2-year $8,000,000 Contract because he could mentor Bortles

..... how'd that work out.

Quote:Go look at Henne's preseason tape this year and get back to me. Allen outperformed him with roster scrubs.

It is very hard to judge QB talent when playing against the 3rd or 4th string from the other team.  Allen's arm did not impress me but mentally he seemed to be solid.  I would be fine with giving him a try over the garbage we currently are fielding.  
Quote:I'd rather have $800 dollars worth of Hennessy than $8,000,000 dollars worth of Henne.

Yes, Henne is playing on a 2-year $8,000,000 Contract because he could mentor Bortles

..... how'd that work out.

So put his but out there and make him take a few hits for that 4 mil.
Yes, let's put Henne in.  That will help a lot.

:mellow:

Gus is keeping his job solely on the turnaround in Bortles. If Blake does a magic 180, then Gus has a chance. Going with Henne proves gUs was wrong all along and guarantees no job.
Bradley isn't keeping his job.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5