Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***The Official Whatcha Cookin' For Thanksgiving Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I've been invited to be at two different Thanksgiving dinners...but I haven't decided which one I'm going to or what I will cook.  Hell, I might just end up at Cracker Barrel or something.

I'm interested in what you all are having.

Gonna try smoked Mac and Cheese for the first time this year. Probably not gonna have a huge spread, even though this year I've had a lot to be thankful for. 

Love Mac n Cheese...never had it smoked before though.  I assume you cover it with foil???

Quote:I've been invited to be at two different Thanksgiving dinners...but I haven't decided which one I'm going to or what I will cook. Hell, I might just end up at Cracker Barrel or something.

I'm interested in what you all are having.

Which shelters are you going to?
Quote:Love Mac n Cheese...never had it smoked before though.  I assume you cover it with foil???

Nah, you just don't go "deep dish" with it. spread it out over a cookie sheet. Takes up a lot of space, but doesn't take too long to cook apparently.
Yesterday was turkey giveaway day. Turkeys are dirt cheap all over the north and west sides from the " Street Vendors" cough, cough. I bought four turkeys averaging 15 pounds for $10. Unbelievable how many free turkeys one individual can get? Where the hell do they get them all?

We're not doing much of anything. We'll be down there to see my parents, but nothing big is happening.

I have never cooked a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal in my life and don't plan to anytime soon. Just not my thing. Cooking is too much of a chore in my mind for me to actually enjoy doing it. I don't even like turkey very much, can't eat stuffing unless is gluten free, then what's the point. I prefer snacking on black olives and that jellied cranberry sauce that looks like the can when you can get it out.

I'm not a big fan of turkey either.  I'd much rather have a nice ham.  My favorite part about a Thanksgiving meal is making a ham or turkey sandwich out of the leftover rolls later on during the football game.  Oh yeah, and beer.

Not cooking for the first time in many years.  Going over to a friend's house.  I'll be taking a case of beer with me...oh yeah, and a pumpkin pie.

I don't like pumpkin pie...make it pecan pie please.  And don't forget the beer.

I love turkey! I'm having two, both fried. One regular and one Cajun...yum. I'm also having bacon wrapped fresh green bean bundles, roasted cauliflower with gruyere, mashed potatoes and of course sweet potato casserole. For desserts I'm make a homemade chocolate cheesecake, a pumpkin creme pie and some mini pecan pies.

I'm know I'm leaving something off my list, but I can't remember what it is.
Quote:I don't like pumpkin pie...make it pecan pie please.  And don't forget the beer.

That's fine.  I didn't ask you to come with me.

By the way, I did buy a pecan pie but that's staying at home for personal consumption.  I went into Costco yesterday to get my pumpkin pie.  I have never seen so many pumpkin pies and pecan pies in my life.  And it was a freakin' nightmare in that place.  I wasn't sure I was going to make it out alive.
That's fine, just bring me the beer.

I'm cooking some meth.

Quote:That's fine, just bring me the beer.

I only have a case.  I'm not sure it will last until Thursday.
Quote:I'm cooking some meth.

A fine holiday tradition.
[Image: kramer-turkey.gif]

I've yet to try meth...does it taste like pecan pie?

Quote:I've yet to try meth...does it taste like pecan pie?

Even better.  I'll send my kid over to you with a sample.
Quote:Even better. I'll send my kid over to you with a sample.

Sweet
Pages: 1 2 3 4