Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: BCC article breaking down David Caldwell's tenure in Jacksonville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
<p style="margin:0in;">I'm normally not a fan of BCC, but this is a quality article. Most jags fans have directed their ire towards Gus Bradley, which is understandable considering Bradley is the face of incompetence. I'm of the opinion that this organization has a much bigger problem than Bradley, and that problem is David Caldwell. Considering the current state of this football team, you can make the argument that David Caldwell has been one of the worst GM's in football over the past 4 years, especially considering the resources (high draft picks and infinite cap space) he's had to work with. Bradley (both locally and nationally) has caught a lot flack and criticism, but David Caldwell is the architect of the mess, and needs to be shown the door sooner than later. Enjoy the article

<p style="margin:0in;">

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/11/16/...seat-fired

I didn't read the article, but there's no denying that Dave has brought in a lot of talent, and I believe he deserves another shot with an actual NFL Head Football Coach.

Quote:I didn't read the article, but there's no denying that Dave has brought in a lot of talent, and I believe he deserves another shot with an actual NFL Head Football Coach.

Read the article...
From the article

[Image: 2013.PNG]

[Image: 2014.PNG]
Just another agenda to push.  

In fact, just another attempt at a "hot take"

All that the "architect" can do is bring the material to the work site.  In my view, he has done that.  

At this point, that material is being used to build a house that continues to fall in on itself.

From the article

[Image: 2015.PNG]

Quote:Just another agenda to push.  

All that the "architect" can do is bring the material to the work site.  In my view, he has done that.  

At this point, that material is being used to build a house that continues to fall in on itself.

And what agenda is that? 

Do you not agree that David Caldwell has "missed" more than he's "hit"? Both in the draft and free agency, in the years 2013-2015 he brought in 46 players, there's a strong argument to be made that only 6 of those guys have been "hits", that's god-awful.

All that the "architect" can do is bring the material to the work site. In my view, he has done that.

The problem is the architect also decided to hire the worst house builder the world has ever seen.
Caldwell is responsible for bringing the players to the team...he can't be held responsible for coaching them up to the NFL level.

Quote:The problem is the architect also decided to hire the worst house builder the world has ever seen.

While choosing to retain his services after the moutain of evidence suggested otherwise
Quote:Caldwell is responsible for bringing the players to the team...he can't be held responsible for coaching them up to the NFL level.

Ok I'll play, even if your argument (which is flawed) was correct, does Caldwell not share in the blame for hiring and retaining Bradley?
Absolutely he does.  But read my first comment.

Quote:The problem is the architect also decided to hire the worst house builder the world has ever seen.

Can someone pull the permits?
Quote:Absolutely he does.  But read my first comment.

I read your first comment, and while I agree this roster is more talented now than what it was a few years ago, it's still disturbing how many times David Caldwell has missed in the draft and free agency, especially early in the draft. My point is he's been average at best, and while Gus has been historically bad as a head coach, Caldwell is the guy that hired and has chosen to retain a historically bad head coach, what does that say about Caldwell. Again, there are much bigger problems in Jacksonville, and it starts and ends at David Caldwell.
Tabbing 6th and 7th rounders as misses is a little ridiculous.
Caldwell, have you called Christin Michael yet?
You keep saying Caldwell missed...but you don't know that without having a good coach that can actually, you know...coach.

And tabbing fowler as a miss when he's played half a season in his nfl career is also dumb.
Unless that article compares Caldwell to other GMs it's pretty useless. And really subjective.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6