Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The *official* gun thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I was interested on what your favorites are that you own.

Hunting:

Winchester pump 12

Handgun:

Ruger 9mm

Favorite:

Winchester .22LR semi rifle handed down from my grandfather

I've sold the shotgun and handgun years ago, but am looking for replacements.

I'd like a rifle for hunting in .308 or .30-06.  Probably going back to Winchester, but am open.  There are a lot of good rifles out there.  I'm intrigued by all the AR types out there as well due to configurability and customization.

For handgun, I'm most likely going Glock - the dilemma is 9mm or .45.

I was curious to what you shoot and love most.

I'm not that much into guns anymore, and I've sold most of them off, but I currently own a Browning 30/30, Colt .45, Smith & Wesson 357, Winchester 12ga, and a few others.

I own several firearms, but some of my favorites are my AR-15, my S&W 9mm Shield (my favorite carry weapon) and my S&W 586 .357 Magnum wheel gun.  I don't own a "defense" type of shotgun but have a couple of hunting shotguns handed down to me.

For hunting (not around Florida) I grew up as a youngster with a .30-30 saddle rifle and later on got a Winchester .30-06 for one of my birthdays.  I also have a Savage .270 which is also good for hunting though it's been years since I've fired it.

I personally didn't care much for the Glock.  I had one for a while but ended up selling it.  Pros and cons regarding the weapon.  Pro - higher capacity magazine than my current 9 mil., lighter weight.  Cons - the lighter weight and I'm not a big fan of the "safety" on the weapon.  They are nice guns, just not for me.

Other guns that I own that were handed down to me include a bolt action .22LR with a 6 (if I remember right) round clip, a .25 semi-auto that was owned by my great-grandfather and another saddle rifle owned by my great-grandfather who used it while going on horseback along the Santa Fe Trail from Las Vegas N.M. area to St. Louis in the late 1800's.

I do have several other pieces that I haven't even bothered pulling out of the gun safe in quite a while.

Shotguns:

Browning Auto 5 12 ga

Remington .410 , handed down from grandfather, it was his quail gun.

Savage 12 ga.

Rifles:

Winchester 308 , love this rifle, VERY accurate.

Remington 22

Marlin 22

I may or may not have a couple of liberated weapons from working in the ME.

Handguns:

Sig 9mm, My CCW most of the time

Colt 1911 45

Colt Python 357

Colt 22 magnum

I do not hunt much anymore, just lost interest, and I only keep most of my guns to hand down to my son one day.
Oh yeah,

I like the Glock and carried one for years in the service. That thing went lived in mud, sand , dust , water and tons of other kinds of abuse and would fire everytime.

Amazing gun.

45 or 9 mm doesn't really matter, both will do the job.
Quote:For handgun, I'm most likely going Glock - the dilemma is 9mm or .45.

Why not just compromise and go .40?

As for what I own, I currently have an AR-15 with Trijicon ACOG optics and an H&K USP Compact .40.  I recently picked up a Sig Sauer P938 but have yet to take it to the range.
Not enough *** to be ***official***
Happiness is a warm gun
Never had a gun. Never even handled a gun. I have no problem with anyone that wants them. Just never had the desire to get one.
I have a [BLEEP] pot full of guns...Being from Idaho, you naturally have tons of guns...My Favorites are My Henry 50 cal, springfield 30.06 savage 22-250, winchester 12 gauge and model 1911 colt 45 

I have a Sig SP2022 .40, my wife has a little Ruger .38 revolver she keeps in her purse.

Going to be buying a 30-06 rifle most likely when I buy a house soon, but not sure which one.
Shotguns:

Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting w/ 12Ga & 20Ga sets

CZ Ringneck in 28Ga

Rifles:

Remington 7 in .243

Mauser M12 in 6.5x55 Swede

Remington 700 in 7mm Mag

Handguns:

Sig P226 in 9mm

Colt 1911 in .45
I have a glock c23, kimber 1911, mossburg pump action shotgun, mossburg 417(i think) rifle, and the lower half of an ar15.  Will be getting a ar15 piston driven upper when I can afford the one i want.

Quote:Shotguns:

Caesar Guerini Summit Sporting w/ 12Ga & 20Ga sets

CZ Ringneck in 28Ga

Rifles:

Remington 7 in .243

Mauser M12 in 6.5x55 Swede

Remington 700 in 7mm Mag

Handguns:

Sig P226 in 9mm

Colt 1911 in .45

Well aren't we all hoity toity.

[Image: 34t7upk.jpg]

I keep the safety engaged on my hand cannon.
I love my mosin nagant but my favorite to shoot is my AR-15 SW mp500
I just bought a Taurus TCP to carry in my motorcycle jacket. I like it because it's small and has a trigger guard big enough to stick a gloved finger through. 

Favorites;

Shotgun, Franchi 12 gauge O/U, 26" ic/mod with a single selective trigger.  Beautiful stock with gold etching on the receiver.  I do not take this one out in the brush.

Handgun, Coly Python, 357 magnum, 6" barrel, blue.  Bought it new a long time ago and have loved it from day one.  Swapped out the target sights for combat, but otherwise original.  Not the first gun I'll grab with an angry mob at the door, but lots of fun to shoot and it's like an old friend.

Rifle,  Higgins 30-06, with a 4x scope.  Nothing exotic, but the it's first gun I ever bought. 

I have one that should be at the bottom of the St. John's right now..

I say no more..
Ahem.  I'd also like to point out that my serial numbers haven't been ground off.

Springfield Armory XD .40

Ruger Mark IV .22

Winchester 30-06
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6