Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Last week was not a good week for the NFL or for me in this pick em.  It would be redundant and overkill for me to discuss the protest related stuff here. As for me, my ineptitude in picking games shone through once again, placing me firmly below .500.  Part of the reason is I can't seem to get a handle on my own team.  I have missed on them in all three games.  But I am thrilled to have been wrong last week and in week 1, so I take solace in that.  Here's hoping I get back to .500 or above this week.

Jaguars (2-1) at N.Y. Jets (1-2)-The Jaguars 2-1 start has shocked many outside observers.  I thought this team was capable of some good things, but it had to prove it to me first.  I, along with many others, are starting to believe.  My beloved Jaguars travel to the new Meadowlands to face the Jets, who were predicted by many to be the worst team in football after the roster culling that happened this offseason/preseason.  I don't think the Jaguars are good enough to be able to afford to overlook the Jets, who showed they can beat a respectable team in Miami.  But this is a game the Jaguars SHOULD win, looking at both rosters. I think the Jaguars running game will put in steady, if unspectacular work against, at least based on pure name recognition, the strength of the Jets team, that front seven. However, statistically neither team can seem to stop the run.   I think Bortles should have another decent to good game against their secondary.  Our pass rush should have success against the Jets' OL and the defense should succeed big time against McCown and the nondescript receivers of the Jets.  In an underrated test for this Jaguars team, the good guys prevail.  Jaguars 24 Jets 10.

Tacks (2-1) at Texans (1-2)  Honestly, were the Jaguars not playing at the same time, I would want to watch this game of two division rivals that I despise, because this has all the earmarks of a good, physical game.  Despite losing a high scoring matchup in New England last week, the Texans' D is capable of some very good things, even against strong OLs like the tacks.  Watson's performance vs the Pats was impressive for a rookie in his second start.  However, for the second week in a row, he is going against a defensive mind in Dick Lebeau who is capable of giving rookie QBs a tough time.  I also think they present similar problems for the Texans' defense as the Jaguars did in week 1-namely a strong running game.  Though I don't want this to happen...Tacks 23, Texans 16.

Colts (1-2) at Seattle (1-2)-Two teams that aren't as good as they were a couple of years ago to to battle here.  Thing is, Seattle is still a much better team, especially at home, than the Colts are.  I think the Colts' offensive line and Jacoby Brisset have all kinds of issues dealing with the 12th man and the still potent Seattle defense.  Seahawks 23 Colts 13.

Last Week:  1-3

Overall:  4-6
Everyone here already stated they think the TITANS win in houston. They cant get to a 6-0 division record without it.
Clots get killed by them dirty seahawks. Jags lose a close game to the j-e-t-s jets jets jets
I'll go Jags, tacks, Hawks.

The match-up with the Jets is exactly the kind of game that the Jaguars would lose over the last 13 seasons during the JDR times, the Mularky times, and the Gus times, but I think that Marrone has brought back something more like the Coughlin times.

I'm not saying the Jaguars go to the AFC championship twice in five seasons or anything, but I think they'll be able to keep up their play well enough to beat teams that they have more talent then on a regular basis. So, the Jaguars should take care of business and ground the Jets, possibly another massive blowout.

The titans aren't as good as they think they are right now, but they're not a bad team by any stretch. If the New England game wasn't a fluke then the texans have a shot in this game, but I think the titans and the Jaguars are the two best teams in the division, so I'll take the tacks to win, even though I'm by no means confident in them doing it.

And finally, the colts against a good team. 'Nuff said, colts take another one in the nuts this weekend.

2-2 last week, and glad to be wrong about the Jaguars, they're not the same lose and start sliding down the hill team they were under Gus.
This week's picks.

Jaguars - This game has me a bit worried, but I think it's a should win.  The two biggest factors is playing the game more disciplined with no turnovers and limiting the costly penalties.

Titans - While I would rather see the Texans win this one, I just think that the Titans are the better team.

Seahawks - The Colts are a mess right now and traveling to the West coast is never an easy thing, especially to that stadium.

Last week 3-1
Overall 6-4
Jaguars over Jets - Jacksonville has already got their bad game out of the way
Texans over Titans - Tennessee is due for a bad game, and Texans look a lot better than when we faced them
Seahawks over Colts - Hard to pick the Colts over most other teams in the league

Last week 4-0
Overall 6-4
(09-27-2017, 10:30 PM)KodiakJag Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars over Jets - Jacksonville has already got their bad game out of the way
Texans over Titans - Tennessee is due for a bad game, and Texans look a lot better than when we faced them
Seahawks over Colts - Hard to pick the Colts over most other teams in the league

Last week 4-0
Overall 6-4

I typically do not subscribe to the "due theory," but I sure hope you are right about that Tacks-Texans game.
Jags at Jets: I like the Jags in this one. While the Jets played a decent game this past week, I see it more as an anomoly. The Jags are better in every way. 27 - 10 Jags

tacks at Texans: The Texans put up a good fight against the Pats. Perhaps their pieces are fitting a bit better. Oddly enough these teams are mirror images. The tacks have a leg up in the QB department. 21 - 17 tacks

clots at Seattle: I think last week sparks Seattle and they go off even with their soft O-line. I honestly can’t see the clots being all that competitive in this game. 30 - 13 Hawks

Last Week: 1-3

Overall: 6-4
Jaguars should handle their business and beat the Jets in a low scoring game. 17-9

Tacks will beat the Texans, but I want Houston to win bad. 24-10 Tennessee.

Colts should lose to Seattle, Hawks O looks bad though. 20-13 Seattle.

2-1 last week *forgot to post Indy over Browns

4-3 Overall. - Missed week 1.
Guys the pats are just not as good this year, not yet anyway. So the texans staying in that game is irrelevant. But you guys know this, since everyone is picking the TITANS to beat the crap out of the texans.
3-1 last week. 6-1 overall.

I'm going to go with

Seahawks

Texans

Jags
Jets over Jaguars
Titans over Texans
Seahawks over Colts

4-0 last week
8-2 overall
Jags
tacks