Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South-Week 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Once again, the good guys find themselves in a 3 way tie for first place with the tacks and Texans as the mid way point of the season approaches.  Here are my picks for Week 7.

Jaguars (3-3) at Colts (2-4)-The good guys travel to the circle city to play the one team in the AFC South that's not tied for first.  The Colts, coming off a short week after losing Monday night to the tacks, are sitting down Andrew Luck because of shoulder soreness.  It doesn't seem promising for the Colts they will see Luck in a game anytime soon, much less the Luck they picked #1 overall.  The Colts only wins have been over winless teams.  Though once again I am sorely tempted to pick against the Jaguars on general principle because I have yet to get a Jaguars game right this year, I will roll the dice one last time before the bye week and give you all fair warning that you should go against whatever I pick.  Jaguars win 24-14.

tacks (3-3) at Browns (0-6)-Mariota had limited mobility by his standards due to the hamstring injury, but it was enough to win.  I don't think it's going to matter against the Browns, who seems to have accumulated talent but can never seem to put it all together.  I'm rooting for them to do so this week, but I don't see it happening.  tacks 28, Browns 13.

Texans have the bye.

Last week:  2-1
Overall:  8-12
I'll take the Jaguars and the Titans this week.

Last week 2 - 1
Overall 12 - 8
I'll go Jaguars and titans, too. ( Odd week rule )

2-1 last week.
Last week: 2-1

Overall: 13-7

Jaguars

Titans
Last week 3-0 Sad
Overall 9-11

This week... Jags can't lose can they? Well I suppose they can but, I'm picking them anyway.
and the brownies just aren't good enough to pick them to beat anyone... they'll win a game or two... I just don't when or against whom.
It probably ain't this week, though I wish it was.

Jags
tacks
Jags and titans this week

3-0 last week
11-9 overall
Am I the only one who thinks maybe the Browns pull this one off?
Jaguars over Colts (go Colts though)
Titans over Browns

2-1 last week
14-6 overall
Jags
Browns
(10-20-2017, 10:20 AM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who thinks maybe the Browns pull this one off?

Yes. The Browns need to pray for a win.

Last week: 1-2
Overall: 10-9

Jaguars
Titans
(10-20-2017, 11:29 AM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]Jags
Browns

42-10?
(10-20-2017, 11:42 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]42-10?
You know it!! Big Grin
(10-20-2017, 10:20 AM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]Am I the only one who thinks maybe the Browns pull this one off?

Apparently, Jagwired is with you

I'll be rooting for the ol brownies... I just don't think they got enough stuff.
And they are already flip flopping QBs....
2-1 last week, 12-8 overall.

Jags over Colts (Odd week)
Titans over Browns (unless MM develops a hangnail and is ruled out in the next 24 hours)
Jaguars (3-3) at clots (2-4)- At this point in the season I believe I understand who the Jags are as a team and it does not look good. The defense started strong and the Dbs are obviously playing better, but as a complete unit, the D has the potential to get manhandled. The offense, well, lacks receivers, a QB, and the ability to score consistently. With Fournette having some ankle issues, the offense is even more disadvantaged. Unfortunately, I think the clots whoop the jags. clots 33, Jags 10.

tacks (3-3) at Browns (0-6)- The Browns have to pull one out eventually, right? With Mariota limited by a hamstring and Murray missing practice again with a hammy, the Browns only semblance of a strength (total defense ranked higher than Jags) may shine. tacks 17, Browns 21.

1-2 Last Week
10-10 overall
Hilbry, what makes you think the defense has fallen off? Anyone who watched the Steelers game knows that is not true at all. Special teams killed us in the Rams game.
(10-20-2017, 02:41 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Hilbry, what makes you think the defense has fallen off? Anyone who watched the Steelers game knows that is not true at all. Special teams killed us in the Rams game.

Has the defensive ranking gone up or down since the beginning of the season?
(10-20-2017, 02:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2017, 02:41 PM)JaguarsWoman Wrote: [ -> ]Hilbry, what makes you think the defense has fallen off? Anyone who watched the Steelers game knows that is not true at all. Special teams killed us in the Rams game.

Colts haven't put up 33 in any game this season (including the Browns game) and yet they're gonna put up 33 on this defense?
(10-20-2017, 02:53 PM)Frailbones Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-20-2017, 02:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]Has the defensive ranking gone up or down since the beginning of the season?
Colts haven't put up 33 in any game this season (including the Browns game) and yet they're gonna put up 33 on this defense?

I've picked within stat lines all year instead of what I really thought via the eye test. This pick is going against that norm for sure. They're averaging around 20 points per game with their top rusher having low production (under 100 yards). With the jags run defense and a clots offense getting tighter/cleaner aside from Doyle, you could see that point average go higher. Brissett is getting comfortable and their RBs still haven't had a breakout game. Not outside the possibility clots could score 33. Sorry, I'm just not buying the jags defensive hype. I'm hopeful the jags prove me wrong.
(10-20-2017, 02:50 PM)B2hibry Wrote: [ -> ]

You are ignoring the word watched on purpose, obviously. What matters is what you see on TV, not paper.
Pages: 1 2 3 4