Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: With the trade deadline nearing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
What would it take now for Yeldon?  After Yeldon's career game last week, what do you feel it would take to get Yeldon?  I have been his biggest critic but after last weeks game he just looked different.   I know its one game but he looks improved, no jumping around behind the line, one cut go.  I would rather trade Ivory honestly and if you asked me last week what would I want for Yeldon I would probalby say a 6th rounder.  After last week though I would probably want a 3rd if a team wants him bad enough.  I hope he is our backup going forward but I would definitely do it for a 3rd and maybe a high 4th.

After last week his value is probably the highest its been since his rookie year
Why do some people always want to trade away good players?
(10-26-2017, 07:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]What would it take now for Yeldon?  After Yeldon's career game last week, what do you feel it would take to get Yeldon?  I have been his biggest critic but after last weeks game he just looked different.   I know its one game but he looks improved, no jumping around behind the line, one cut go.  I would rather trade Ivory honestly and if you asked me last week what would I want for Yeldon I would probalby say a 6th rounder.  After last week though I would probably want a 3rd if a team wants him bad enough.  I hope he is our backup going forward but I would definitely do it for a 3rd and maybe a high 4th.

After last week his value is probably the highest its been since his rookie year

You're not getting anything near a third for an average runningback that can't make a game day roster. Better off just keeping him for depth since our top 2 running backs are fairly injuring prone/play physical styles and grant is just a roll player
(10-26-2017, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Why do some people always want to trade away good players?

Always try to improve the team.  We are deep at the RB position to where last week is the only game Yeldon has been active.  If they get a offer for a mid round they might take it.  Brandin Cooks is a damn good player and the Saints traded him.  If you kept up with the league it happens, teams try to get better.

(10-26-2017, 07:37 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 07:31 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]What would it take now for Yeldon?  After Yeldon's career game last week, what do you feel it would take to get Yeldon?  I have been his biggest critic but after last weeks game he just looked different.   I know its one game but he looks improved, no jumping around behind the line, one cut go.  I would rather trade Ivory honestly and if you asked me last week what would I want for Yeldon I would probalby say a 6th rounder.  After last week though I would probably want a 3rd if a team wants him bad enough.  I hope he is our backup going forward but I would definitely do it for a 3rd and maybe a high 4th.

You're not getting anything near a third for an average runningback that can't make a game day roster. Better off just keeping him for depth since our top 2 running backs are fairly injuring prone/play physical styles and grant is just a roll player
So what do you think a team would offer?
(10-26-2017, 07:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 07:33 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]Why do some people always want to trade away good players?

Always try to improve the team.  We are deep at the RB position to where last week is the only game Yeldon has been active.  If they get a offer for a mid round they might take it.  Brandin Cooks is a damn good player and the Saints traded him.  If you kept up with the league it happens, teams try to get better.

(10-26-2017, 07:37 PM)Pdiddy Wrote: [ -> ]You're not getting anything near a third for an average runningback that can't make a game day roster. Better off just keeping him for depth since our top 2 running backs are fairly injuring prone/play physical styles and grant is just a roll player
So what do you think a team would offer?

6th but here's the thing, what team would be desperate enough to need to trade valuable draft picks for a runningback. Most teams have 3 guys that they invested in and like and it seems like most teams already have running backs that are in the same level as yeldon. Ya, he had a good game but It was against a trash team that had given up. Even on his touchdown run look how slow he was, no soeed at all. Unless your a goal line back, you won't get playing time running that slow, hence why he hasn't  made a gameday roster till last week. So basically a player like yeldon is a dime a dozen, offers depth because he can do a little of everything but nothing more. Nothing that warrants giving up draft picks unfortunately. Unless a playoff team got wrecked by injuries, I don't think anyone needs yeldon bad enough to trade.
(10-26-2017, 07:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Always try to improve the team.  We are deep at the RB position to where last week is the only game Yeldon has been active.  If they get a offer for a mid round they might take it.  Brandin Cooks is a damn good player and the Saints traded him.  If you kept up with the league it happens, teams try to get better.

There is a good chance we are going to be needing that depth again this year too. We barely dodged one major bullet to LF already we shouldn't tempt fate.
(10-26-2017, 07:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]

Trying to improve a team during the season is one thing.  Trading away good players when you have a winning record at the almost half way point of the season is another.

Look at it this way.  What if Fournette's injury was worse?  We trade away Yeldon (a player that can help us win games NOW) for a future draft pick.  How exactly does that improve the team?  Who fills his role NOW in this season to "improve" our team?
He's not going to get you anything more than a 6th rounder and that might be overly generous.
Eli Manning is the only Qb the jags should go after. The Giants would probably want too much even if he were available. The most I would go would be a 2nd rounder. Eli is a tough Qb who just never gets hurt. He has a few years left in the tank.
(10-26-2017, 08:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Eli Manning is the only Qb the jags should go after.  The Giants would probably want too much even if he were available.  The most I would go would be a 2nd rounder.  Eli is a tough Qb who just never gets hurt.  He has a few years left in the tank.

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.php?tid=23608
(10-26-2017, 08:21 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]Eli Manning is the only Qb the jags should go after.  The Giants would probably want too much even if he were available.  The most I would go would be a 2nd rounder.  Eli is a tough Qb who just never gets hurt.  He has a few years left in the tank.

Eli Manning is washed up. At this point, he's not much better than Bortles. I wouldn't go any higher than a conditional 5th rounder for him.
(10-26-2017, 08:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: [ -> ]

Eli Manning is washed up. At this point, he's not much better than Bortles. I wouldn't go any higher than a conditional 5th rounder for him.

I bet Tom thought hard about it but after Blake's last game you can throw that idea out the window

Yeldon has impressed me since day 1.  As a rookie running behind one of the poorest o-lines in the NFL he seldom took a loss.  Yes he danced, stuttered and looked indecisive but the kid never gave up and as I stated seldom took a loss.  He had several no gains where he should have taken a loss yet he somehow managed to make it back to the LOS.  Maybe what we all saw this past Sunday was what TJ Yeldon can do behind a good offensive line.  I would not trade him nor any other RB on the roster.  This years team has the feel of a team gelling and possibly putting together one of those magical runs like the '96 team.  I wouldn't mess with any chemistry at this point.  Call me crazy, but our ten years of patience is going to finally pay off.

So to answer your question, nothing less than a 1st.
(10-26-2017, 08:45 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]

Yeldon has impressed me since day 1.  As a rookie running behind one of the poorest o-lines in the NFL he seldom took a loss.  Yes he danced, stuttered and looked indecisive but the kid never gave up and as I stated seldom took a loss.  He had several no gains where he should have taken a loss yet he somehow managed to make it back to the LOS.  Maybe what we all saw this past Sunday was what TJ Yeldon can do behind a good offensive line.  I would not trade him nor any other RB on the roster.  This years team has the feel of a team gelling and possibly putting together one of those magical runs like the '96 team.  I wouldn't mess with any chemistry at this point.  Call me crazy, but our ten years of patience is going to finally pay off.

[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-26-2017, 08:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 08:45 PM)copycat Wrote: [ -> ]Yeldon has impressed me since day 1.  As a rookie running behind one of the poorest o-lines in the NFL he seldom took a loss.  Yes he danced, stuttered and looked indecisive but the kid never gave up and as I stated seldom took a loss.  He had several no gains where he should have taken a loss yet he somehow managed to make it back to the LOS.  Maybe what we all saw this past Sunday was what TJ Yeldon can do behind a good offensive line.  I would not trade him nor any other RB on the roster.  This years team has the feel of a team gelling and possibly putting together one of those magical runs like the '96 team.  I wouldn't mess with any chemistry at this point.  Call me crazy, but our ten years of patience is going to finally pay off.

[Image: giphy.gif]
I said call me crazy and I meant it.  Sometimes chemistry, talent and timing all come together.  I got a feeling we are gong to need TJ in a big way, and he will deliver in a bigger way before this season is through.
No one is trading for Ivory and his contract. If anything you hold onto Yeldon this year, and next year cut Ivory and free up cap space. Yeldon becomes the #2 back (where he’s best at) and you’re set at RB for the next couple of years.
(10-26-2017, 09:00 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]No one is trading for Ivory and his contract. If anything you hold onto Yeldon this year, and next year cut Ivory and free up cap space. Yeldon becomes the #2 back (where he’s best at) and you’re set at RB for the next couple of years.

If we cut him next year it would be 3 mil. in dead money
(10-26-2017, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 09:00 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]No one is trading for Ivory and his contract. If anything you hold onto Yeldon this year, and next year cut Ivory and free up cap space. Yeldon becomes the #2 back (where he’s best at) and you’re set at RB for the next couple of years.

If we cut him next year it would be 3 mil. in dead money

He has a 7 mil cap hit so it would be a net of 4 mil in savings.
(10-26-2017, 09:31 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]If we cut him next year it would be 3 mil. in dead money

Yes

(10-26-2017, 09:31 PM)knarnn Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2017, 09:05 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]If we cut him next year it would be 3 mil. in dead money

You don't think he is worth 4 mil?

Bahahahahahaha
Pages: 1 2 3 4