Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trade for Eli?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nyg.247spor...682251/Amp

For purposes of just discussion how would you guys feel about this move? 

They are discussing this topic on 1010xl. 

What do you think would take to make this move? How would you feel about this move. 

Personally I would say no but it is an intriguing idea once I actually thought about it objectively.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I wouldn't waste a draft choice unless it was something really, really, low.

Have you seen him play this year? He's on his last legs.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

They talked about this in the morning too

I would do it for a 3, we have too good a team to waste on a bad QB, i'm not a huge Eli fan but he can slang it and he is a Vet QB that won two super bowls
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Absolutely would never do this in a million years right now. Just let Bortles finish out the season and we draft a new QB.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2017, 02:04 PM by Etdavis2006.)

(10-10-2017, 01:57 PM)Rico Wrote: I wouldn't waste a draft choice unless it was something really, really, low.

Have you seen him play this year?  He's on his last legs.

Well apparently it isn’t him that’s costing them games. There line is horrible and he has no running game (sound familiar).

Then if we also take into account our division position. Granted it’s rather early but I don’t see this team being any worse than 7-9, 8-8 with this horrible schedule. If the coaching is quality, Blake makes a few plays and Westbrook and Strong can come in and help our receiving core this team could legit win the division and get to 10-12 games. Possibly with a bye in the first round. That has us picking in the 26-28 range. A low first round pick and maybe a fourth for a solid, experienced arm at qb might be worth a trade. We would still have a second and the rest rest of our picks. Caldwell’s has been money in the later rounds and unless it’s a interior linemen I just don’t see where a first rounder taken at 27 can come in and start from day one unless one of the top qbs fall that far (highly unlikely)

(10-10-2017, 02:03 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 01:57 PM)Rico Wrote: I wouldn't waste a draft choice unless it was something really, really, low.

Have you seen him play this year?  He's on his last legs.

Well apparently it isn’t him that’s costing them games. There line is horrible and he has no running game (sound familiar).

Then if we also take into account our division position. Granted it’s rather early but I don’t see this team being any worse than 7-9, 8-8 with this horrible schedule. If the coaching is quality, Blake makes a few plays and Westbrook and Strong can come in and help our receiving core this team could legit win the division and get to 10-12 games. Possibly with a bye in the first round. That has us picking in the 26-28 range. A low first round pick and maybe a fourth for a solid, experienced arm at qb might be worth a trade. We would still have a second and the rest rest of our picks. Caldwell’s has been money in the later rounds and unless it’s a interior linemen I just don’t see where a first rounder taken at 27 can come in and start from day one unless one of the top qbs fall that far (highly unlikely)

So what you're telling me is you haven't SEEN him play.

(10-10-2017, 01:57 PM)J-Mizzal Wrote: They talked about this in the morning too

I would do it for a 3, we have too good a team to waste on a bad QB, i'm not a huge Eli fan but he can slang it and he is a Vet QB that won two super bowls

That’s more what he would bring to the team. A vet that can beat a stacked box. Eli throwing to Westbrook, Hurns, Lee, Strong and O’Shaunasse (sp) could be deadly. 

He would basically only throw maybe 25-35 times a game and give you the accuracy and ball placement when you need it in the passing game.

I'd probably do it for a 3rd. I would love to see Fournette go up against a defense that wasn't stacked.

(10-10-2017, 02:06 PM)Rico Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 02:03 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Well apparently it isn’t him that’s costing them games. There line is horrible and he has no running game (sound familiar).

So what you're telling me is you haven't SEEN him play.

I’ve watched him play. That team is horrible. OBJ has been out most of the season and now he’s done for the season. He lost his top 3 wideouts, has the 30th ranked rushing attack and been sacked 13 times in 5 games. No qb can overcome that.

(10-10-2017, 02:01 PM)Brett Wrote: Absolutely would never do this in a million years right now. Just let Bortles finish out the season and we draft a new QB.

You can trade for Eli and draft a QB, you dont have to do one or the other, nobody is saying trade a 1st round pick

Besides we are trying to be picking in the late 20s anyways

Eli can make all the throws and he doesnt have to be hidden like Blake, with Manning we def win the Jets game

Waiting to next and thinking our defense is gonna be the same is not a good idea what if we have a drop off, we have a great team now, but a crappy QB, I go for it now

Next year Watson will be in year 2, Mariota will likely be healthy and Luke might be healthy, good luke thinking the division is gonna be just as easy.
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

No.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

No way I spend a 3rd on a 36 year-old QB.

A washed 37 who might play a other year or two? No. Especially given they'll want a 1st or a 2nd.

You guys are mental.

For his career he throws more interceptions than Blake Bortles and has actually played behind good offensive lines and had all-pro / HOF calibur weapons around him like ODB, Nicks, Burress, Toomer, Cruz, Shockey, and Tiki Barber.

You want to TRADE for a player in the decline with only a couple of years left that for his career has been marginally better than Blake Bortles, at best, with those types of weapons? You CRAZY. I like you, but you crazy.

Yeah, wouldn't be a huge fan of this.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I want Smith/Cousins/Jimmy G + spend a 2nd on a QB in the draft. Robinson back on a 1 year deal and Westbrook going into his 2nd year. That sounds like a good base plan for next year. Don't see Eli fitting into that.

No. Eli is not nearly the same QB he was 5 years ago. Personally, I believe he is done and it's time to retire.

We already have a QB who is capable of 4-5 int's a game. Don't need another..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Id rather trade for Drew Brees if anyone.

Rivers