Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Day and Strong waived
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Day and Strong were waived to make room for Dede and Pryor...
weird to see Day go
Has to be something behind closed doors with him
And Benn to IR with Pinkard elevated from the PS.

I was expecting Strong to be waived, Day instead must have been a difficult move to make but with Dareus on the roster and the fact the O-line is banged up I understand the move.
He showed good things earlier in the season.
[Image: 23622468_546851118988488_314839584277656...e=5AAB8D75]
I'm sure Day will get picked up somewhere else
Jaguars make roster moves

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...9ee155ada4

The Jacksonville Jaguars announced some roster moves before traveling to Cleveland to take on the Browns.
Huh...guess they weren't as high on Day as we were.
Very disappointed about Day. He really looked good in the pre-season which again tells us why the pre-season means basically nothing. The signing of Dareus made him more expendable, but he'll get picked up right away by another team.
Wow. The releases of both Day and Strong surprised me.
Waiving Day is a bad move.  You could have traded him at the deadline. 

At worst keep him until the end of the year then trade him. He won't last long on waivers at all. Solid player but I guess it speaks to our Dlines strength.
Woah Day? Man def something must be up.
Cut Day I dont think had anything to do with his play on the field or our depth. He has played well every chance he has gotten, has to be something more behind closed doors. Maybe he wasnt happy when we signed Dareus? Hopefully it comes out
Very tough cut. Hate to see Day go. I would have preferred Ankou but hopefully day will clear waivers. Proly not tho lol

I would think he doesn’t fit a lot of teams schemes. We may can get him back
If there isn't anything behind Day (which we don't know yet), why not just IR him?
(11-18-2017, 12:58 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Cut Day I dont think had anything to do with his play on the field or our depth.   He has played well every chance he has gotten, has to be something more behind closed doors.  Maybe he wasnt happy when we signed Dareus?  Hopefully it comes out

Nah it's just a depth and personnel move. Apparently he didn't fit what Hobby wanted at 3 tech. Already have Malik, Dareus, Calais, Abry who can play at 3 tech, Ankou can moonlight there also.

Seems like they just didn't think Day added any value at other spots to make him worth it. I disagree but whatever
Wow ... we must officially be good to lose a decent player.
Strange move cutting Day. I thought he was pretty good. This should end all talk of us cutting Malik though. People who were speculating this had Day moving into his spot as a starter.
So Pinkard basically beat out Strong for a roster spot.

I'm guessing that Pinkard replaces Benn on special teams.
Pages: 1 2 3 4