Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How about this stat for Bortles- 2nd All Time Yards Per Run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
All time yards a carry for a QB behind Vick

[Image: l2i9vik.jpg]
(11-28-2017, 10:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]All time yards a carry for a QB behind Vick

Tells me we should be using the read option a lot more with him.
That's actually pretty crazy
(11-28-2017, 10:53 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2017, 10:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]All time yards a carry for a QB behind Vick

Tells me we should be using the read option a lot more with him.

I'm not sure it'd work every time, but it was very successful Sunday. He seems to do better with roll outs, and the read option suits his play style, so I think you're right.
He is a pretty good runner but part of why his ypc is so high is he doesnt take off very often. Also the other sad reason is he does not kneel down very often.
We need to utilize his running more. Play to his strengths.
(11-28-2017, 11:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2017, 10:53 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]Tells me we should be using the read option a lot more with him.

I'm not sure it'd work every time, but it was very successful Sunday. He seems to do better with roll outs, and the read option suits his play style, so I think you're right.

He threw his INT on a roll out to the right.

(11-29-2017, 08:50 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]We need to utilize his running more. Play to his strengths.

I would bet there are more read options called than we are aware of.  It's up to Bortles to make the decision on whether to keep or hand off on those calls.
(11-29-2017, 08:56 AM)Rico Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-28-2017, 11:12 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not sure it'd work every time, but it was very successful Sunday. He seems to do better with roll outs, and the read option suits his play style, so I think you're right.

He threw his INT on a roll out to the right.

Sure, but that's the first INT out of the pocket in a long time. He didn't throw any on the move last year.

Unless I missed one this year before that, but I remember looking into this in the off-season and last year they were all from the pocket.
Blake runs like a giselle
He should have 3-5 designed keepers a game imo.
But then... they are playing russian roulette with his 19 mil injury clause.
"As the trainers check on Bortles, Chad Henne is throwing on the sideline. We'll be right back."
(12-01-2017, 09:15 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]"As the trainers check on Bortles, Chad Henne is throwing on the sideline. We'll be right back."

Except Bortles can take the hits. He's been behind a line that couldn't block for most of his time. I don't think running him a few extra plays is going to increase his injury chances that much. He's been sturdy so far.

That is absolutely wrong.  Notice Cunningham is not on there at all.  Bortles is not close to Cunningham.
Perhaps he would be better utilized as a tight end or full back.
(12-02-2017, 11:01 AM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]

That is absolutely wrong.  Notice Cunningham is not on there at all.  Bortles is not close to Cunningham.

Cunningham averaged 8 yards per carry. This must only go back to 2000.
Bortles is ahead of Cunningham.

775 for 4928, 6.4 yards per attempt.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randall_Cunningham
(12-02-2017, 12:44 PM)atburg Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles is ahead of Cunningham.

Your out of your mind.  Cunningham was much better and faster than Vick.  My eyes don't deceive me. Wikipedia in this instance is wrong. Just like seen every jags game in its entirety. I watched every eagles game. And not even close. And Bortles is not even close.
(12-02-2017, 12:48 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2017, 12:44 PM)atburg Wrote: [ -> ]Bortles is ahead of Cunningham.

Your out of your mind.  Cunningham was much better and faster than Vick.  My eyes don't deceive me. Wikipedia in this instance is wrong.  Just like seen every jags game in its entirety.   I watched every eagles game.  And not even close.  And Bortles is not even close.

How am I out of my mind? I would take Cunningham in a heartbeat as a runner. Simply provided the facts, which state he has a higher average, which is what the thread is based on!
(12-02-2017, 12:48 PM)Teal Time Radio Wrote: [ -> ]Your out of your mind.  Cunningham was much better and faster than Vick.  My eyes don't deceive me. Wikipedia in this instance is wrong.  Just like seen every jags game in its entirety.   I watched every eagles game.  And not even close.  And Bortles is not even close.
Once again, you are wrong. Your eyes failed you again.

http://www.nfl.com/player/randallcunning...areerstats
https://youtu.be/KZEDa6pZwx8

Remember after watching this ya telling me Bortles is a better runner. Bortles don't even have as many rushing yards behind line of scrimmage as cunningham does.
Pages: 1 2 3