Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could Hackett promotion mean Interim HC Doug Marrone is on the way?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Think about it. Hackett was the OC under Marrone in Buffalo. This move could mean that if things get even uglier this season, Marrone could also get promoted.

Hopefully
No..............yes...............Hmmm............... :unsure: .maybe?

At least it's something.  Better than nothing I guess.  

Considering Gus promoted Hackett....I doubt it.
Hackett isn't exactly grade A offensive coordinator material, but maybe he has a trick or two up his sleeve. At the very least, he has to have more of a clue about getting the run game going.

As for Gus, it's been said that Khan doesn't like to fire HC's mid-season, but you certainly can't put it past him considering he fired Del Rio mid-season.

Quote:Hackett isn't exactly grade A offensive coordinator material, but maybe he has a trick or two up his sleeve. At the very least, he has to have more of a clue about getting the run game going.

As for Gus, it's been said that he doesn't like to fire HC's mid-season, but you certainly can't put it past him considering he fired Del Rio mid-season.
What? Coaches don't usually fire themselves?
Quote:What? Coaches don't usually fire themselves?

Err... too many pronouns ... I edited the post for you.

Quote:Hackett isn't exactly grade A offensive coordinator material, but maybe he has a trick or two up his sleeve. At the very least, he has to have more of a clue about getting the run game going.

As for Gus, it's been said that Khan doesn't like to fire HC's mid-season, but you certainly can't put it past him considering he fired Del Rio mid-season.

I thought Wayne fired Del Rio.
Quote:I thought Wayne fired Del Rio.

Maybe... I'm now thinking it was Mularkey fired midseason. My point remains the same tho.

I can already see what's going to happen.

1)Hackett does okay with the offense and we play better football+Bortles plays a bit better.

2)Still have a losing season and Gus gets fired at the end.

3) Caldwell stays as GM

4) No decent head coach wants the job so Marrone takes the HC job with Hackett as his OC

5) Given two years, almost makes the playoffs in year 1, stays for year 2 and fails.

6) Start over.
Quote:I can already see what's going to happen.

1)Hackett does okay with the offense and we play better football+Bortles plays a bit better.

2)Still have a losing season and Gus gets fired at the end.

3) Caldwell stays as GM

4) No decent head coach wants the job so Marrone takes the HC job with Hackett as his OC

5) Given two years, almost makes the playoffs in year 1, stays for year 2 and fails.

6) Start over.

Not a single decent potential head coach would want the job? I find that really hard to believe.
Quote:Maybe... I'm now thinking it was Mularkey fired midseason. My point remains the same tho.
Still wrong.
Yeah, after the jags get blown out by the chiefs
Quote:Not a single decent potential head coach would want the job? I find that really hard to believe.

It will likely be the least desirable HC job on the market. With Caldwell on the hot seat after this year its basically a win now HC job, not sure too many will want to take that on with Bortles/a rookie QB at the helm.
Quote:Yeah, after the jags get blown out by the chiefs

Putting €100 on the Chiefs.
Quote:It will likely be the least desirable HC job on the market. With Caldwell on the hot seat after this year its basically a win now HC job, not sure too many will want to take that on with Bortles/a rookie QB at the helm.

You're way too deep in it. Money makes it a great job.
Quote:You're way too deep in it. Money makes it a great job.

Nah. Guys like Haley/McDaniels are looking for redemption type HC jobs , Jacksonville is the hardest place to do that + will have the shortest leash as a HC.
Quote:Nah. Guys like Haley/McDaniels are looking for redemption type HC jobs , Jacksonville is the hardest place to do that + will have the shortest leash as a HC.

If anything, Khan has shown to be a super patient owner. Any HC candidate will definitely like that.
I doubt it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4