Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is there any doubt we're drafting a QB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I mean relatively early. Whether the first, second or third? Our new coach will wanna groom his guy.

Doubt everything. Trust nothing. After all, we are dealing with an organization that can't properly configure their message board database.
In all seriousness, instead of grooming someone, trade for Jimmy G.
Does it matter. He will play bad a couple of times and be a bust.
Please no. QB class is trash this year. We drafted Byron and next year we passed on big ben. We drafted Goobert and when we should have been tanking for Luck the next year. We draft beer belly blake and next year we miss out on Famous Jameis/Mariota.

Let's not draft another stiff like Kaaya and miss an elite talent like Lamar Jackson.

Do you really trust Dave to take another QB? Just trade for one BB and Brady have groomed already.
Quote:Please no. QB class is trash this year. We drafted Byron and next year we passed on Rivers. We drafted Goobert and when we should have been tanking for Luck the next year. We draft beer belly blake and next year we miss out on Famous Jameis/Mariota.

Let's not draft another stiff like Kaaya and miss an elite talent like Lamar Jackson.

People were calling last years crop trash. Now look at Wentz, Dak, Kessler and even Goff might make a start soon. Once the draft approaches things change. Still early in college ball.
If we have a new GM, yes, but I don't think we'll have a new GM. I think Caldwell will stay, as he should. He's found plenty of talent. It's on him that coaches that can't develop or utilize talent have been hired and allowed to stick around so long, but the talent is there.

I do think that the Jags will sign a veteran backup who could step in as the starter if Bortles doesn't rebound under the new coach. Allen is still on the roster and might be something, but, I mean, he's a sixth-round rookie. Sure, he might be Tom Brady, but it's much more likely that he's Craig Whelihan.

There will be a QB in camp next summer that isn't named Bortles, Henne, or Allen and he'll get looks with the ones. 

Draft pick, FA, I don't care where they find him (whoever "they" are at that point) as long as they bring in someone worthy to compete with whoever is left from this mess. 

Quote:People were calling last years crop trash. Now look at Wentz, Dak, Kessler and even Goff might make a start soon. Once the draft approaches things change. Still early in college ball.

Kessler and Prescott started because of injuries. One of those two is going back to the bench. Goff starting would just be benching Keenum. That leaves the NFL with only one rookie earning the starting job.

Of course, we all know Prescott deserves to remain the starter in Dallas. I am not blind to that fact. But no way would he have gotten a chance to start if Romo stayed healthy.

...what would you guys think about Tony Romo as the backup next year?

Quote:Kessler and Prescott started because of injuries. One of those two is going back to the bench. Goff will start because Keenum is terrible. That leaves the NFL with only one rookie earning the starting job.

Of course, we all know Prescott deserves to remain the starter in Dallas. I am not blind to that fact. But no way would he have gotten a chance to start if Romo stayed healthy.

The end of the world is near. Did someone hijack your acct? I actually agree.
Quote:...what would you guys think about Tony Romo as the backup next year?

Backup? Lol. Starter, absolutely.
Quote:The end of the world is near. Did someone hijack your acct? I actually agree.

Nope, I am still the same lady.
I think you have to start getting Allen some game time to see if he might be legit. 

Quote:Backup? Lol. Starter, absolutely.
Signed as backup, if Bortles tanks, he becomes the starter.
Quote:People were calling last years crop trash. Now look at Wentz, Dak, Kessler and even Goff might make a start soon. Once the draft approaches things change. Still early in college ball.

Exactly every year is apparently a "trash" year at QB.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5