Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Basketcase Bortles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Since some people in the other thread said I should start a whole new topic out of this ESPN clip, here goes.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17912160

P.S. Blake "Basket Case" Bortles is not the worst nickname, at least it's original. 

Oh well I guess we'll get merged since you took the lead.

And Bradley is so inept he won't even consider benching him. Even if it's just to clear his head.
When Bortles was caught on camera last night trying to spin the football out of his hand, I knew there was something wrong.

He runs into the locker room with time left on the clock, he throws his helmet, and he is on the sideline being all lonely and stuff.

He won't be our QB next year, that's for sure.

Spacecoastjag, save your garbage time stats.
When the reporter asked if there will be a QB change, Bradley should have said "oh yeah...for sure"

Vince Young won rookie of the year, RG3 won rookie of the year and then they fell flat on their face.

Bortles has an unbelievable Derek Anderson type year and falls flat on his face.
He makes great baskets! You will be sorry when he makes baskets for next years Super Bowl winner!

Signed

Spacecoastjag
Send him to New York, trade a 3rd away to Dallas for Romo and we go to the playoffs for the next 3 years while grooming another QB.
The team needs to spend whatever is necessary to bring in Tom House to work with Bortles to get past this thing. If he was a golfer, I'd say he's got a case of the yips.
Maybe it would be a good idea to IR him at this point and just have him go work on himself
Quote:Send him to New York, trade a 3rd away to Dallas for Romo and we go to the playoffs for the next 3 years while grooming another QB.

"Fragile" Tony Romo, who is in the twilight of his career? No. He'd only be a short term band aid. 
No more first round QBs.
Quote:The team needs to spend whatever is necessary to bring in Tom House to work with Bortles to get past this thing. If he was a golfer, I'd say he's got a case of the yips.

I cant believe im saying this but i agree with you.

Its time to get Blake back settled and fundamentally sound. bring Tom house in and have him work with Blake 3 times a week or whatever.
Quote:The team needs to spend whatever is necessary to bring in Tom House to work with Bortles to get past this thing. If he was a golfer, I'd say he's got a case of the yips.

The team needs to trade Bortles away and let the new GM pick the new QB with our upcoming newest top 5 pick this offseason. Tom House isn't going to be able to make chicken salad out of that particular chicken excrement.

Bortles has seriously regressed. Fowler looks nothing like a top 5 pick, and we all know about Luke Joeckel. I think Dave's gotta go too.

I think it's too late.  He contracted a case of the busts, and there is no cure for that.
Bortles Tape: How Not to QB 101
Is it possible his success last year lead to a poor work ethic in the off-season. Hes young, hes flashed enough to know he is capable of being at an least an above average NFL QB. I think he can get refocused on getting better but someone needs to coach him up and Gus isnt that guy

The yips has ended golfing careers too. It ain't pretty. Even Tiger got the chipping yips.
Quote:Is it possible his success last year lead to a poor work ethic in the off-season. Hes young, hes flashed enough to know he is capable of being at an least an above average NFL QB. I think he can get refocused on getting better but someone needs to coach him up and Gus isnt that guy

It does seem like he rested on his laurels this past off season from everything I have read.
[Image: wmuto.jpg]

Blake's friends told him it was ok.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5