Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Our WR corps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Any word on Lee? And what about Hurns? I love how our rookie WRs are coming along, but having Lee and Hurns back would be good going into the playoffs. I heard Lee might have a broken leg? Hope that's not true....
(12-18-2017, 02:54 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Any word on Lee? And what about Hurns? I love how our rookie WRs are coming along, but having Lee and Hurns back would be good going into the playoffs. I heard Lee might have a broken leg? Hope that's not true....

Lee should be back by playoffs, could be back before. Definitely not a broken leg.

Hurns (I've heard) is a high ankle sprain. Usually a 6 week minimum on that... so he might be close... but possible it lingers and we don't get him back at all this season.
I suspect by him not being moved to IR (and no additional WR moves) they expect him back for a playoff run possibly though.
(12-18-2017, 02:56 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 02:54 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: [ -> ]Any word on Lee? And what about Hurns? I love how our rookie WRs are coming along, but having Lee and Hurns back would be good going into the playoffs. I heard Lee might have a broken leg? Hope that's not true....

Lee should be back by playoffs, could be back before. Definitely not a broken leg.

Hurns (I've heard) is a high ankle sprain. Usually a 6 week minimum on that... so he might be close... but possible it lingers and we don't get him back at all this season.
I suspect by him not being moved to IR (and no additional WR moves) they expect him back for a playoff run possibly though.

I saw you had replied and thought.... is he going to correct core to corps? haha

I don't think Lee matters anymore at this point.
(12-18-2017, 02:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 02:56 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Lee should be back by playoffs, could be back before. Definitely not a broken leg.

I saw you had replied and thought.... is he going to correct core to corps? haha

Already was on it lol but can't locate how on my phone app lol
(12-18-2017, 02:56 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Lee should be back by playoffs, could be back before. Definitely not a broken leg.

I almost did.

My entire reply was gonna be "corp"

But I'm in too much of a good mood to even worry about misspellings lol

Lee is the type of guy that could ruin a game. Northcutt's drop up in New England comes to mind. 

I say let these young bucks run with it. Cole can absolutely take the top off with his speed. Westbrook seems like he could explode at any point now. Man I wish Arob was with us right now. But with our Horse at RB, we will make it work.
(12-18-2017, 03:31 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 02:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]I saw you had replied and thought.... is he going to correct core to corps? haha

Lee is the type of guy that could ruin a game. Northcutt's drop up in New England comes to mind. 

I say let these young bucks run with it. Cole can absolutely take the top off with his speed. Westbrook seems like he could explode at any point now. Man I wish Arob was with us right now. But with our Horse at RB, we will make it work.
Honestly, I think Lee is as good as gone after this season. ARob is best WR on this team. Cole and Westbrook are ascending rookies. Hurns is a gritty possession WR,

Then they could possibly draft a guy. I love how Lee is playing and we are going to need the best of him come playoff time.
I agree. This is still Arob's team outside of Fournette on offense.

I laugh at guys when they say Hurns can't catch and he's not fast and all this other stuff. But we've only had 4 guys in the history of the Jaguars have a 1,000 yard receiving.

-Jimmy Smith
-Keenan McCardell
-Allen Robinson
-Allen Hurns

On top of that he can score. I know it was 2 years ago, but he has proved he can give you double digit TDs. Hurns is tough and will go over the middle much like McCardell did in the late 90s.

Hurns earned his contract. And guys want to cut him for Marqise Stinkin Lee. Nah......Lee never sniffed 1k and 10. Lee scored his 1st TD in week 8 for this season.
Are we going to need to sign a WR?
(12-18-2017, 04:19 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Are we going to need to sign a WR?

Between injuries, sophomore slumps, possibility of regression... yeah, gotta sign/draft someone.
Can't let Lee and AR walk and just roll into 2018 with Hurns, Cole, Westbrook, Mickens, and Benn/Wynn
ARob, Hurns, Westbrook, Cole, and Mickens seems like a good enough group going into 2018 for me. It could be better yes, but we have our studs to pay coming up and I’d love to keep Dareus and Malik
Having Hurns and Lee available for the playoffs will be a good thing, assuming they are ready.

If Cole and Westbrook keep playing so well they won't simply give way to the veteran guys coming back, but could be part of a nice rotation of receivers with a variety of skill sets for Hackett and Bortles to utilize.

Some might say "good problem to have" but I don't even see it as a problem in the first place.

What happens between now and the end of the Jags' postseason will probably make roster decisions easier for next year.
It seems almost certain now that the Jags won't retain all three of the top vets at the position and it just keeps getting easier and easier to move on with the play of these rookies.
In my opinion, Westbrook, Cole, and maybe Mickens have made Arob, Hurns, and Lee all expendable. We should let Lee walk and trade Hurns in the offseason. Use the money saved by trading Hurns towards re-signing Arob. I think Westbrook and Cole will pair well with Arob. We needed a volume receiver to pair with him and Cole showed last week that he can do that by taking over a lot of Lee's role doing the underneath drags and crossers (and doing it better). I think Westbrook could also fill that role if needed.
(12-18-2017, 04:23 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 04:19 PM)MojoKing Wrote: [ -> ]Are we going to need to sign a WR?

Between injuries, sophomore slumps, possibility of regression... yeah, gotta sign/draft someone.
Can't let Lee and AR walk and just roll into 2018 with Hurns, Cole, Westbrook, Mickens, and Benn/Wynn

I think he was talking about the current roster.  Unless I'm mistaken, Cole, Westbrook and Mickens are the only healthy wideouts on the team.  I'll check with Tom on this and get his thoughts.
(12-18-2017, 04:56 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 04:23 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Between injuries, sophomore slumps, possibility of regression... yeah, gotta sign/draft someone.

I think he was talking about the current roster.  Unless I'm mistaken, Cole, Westbrook and Mickens are the only healthy wideouts on the team.  I'll check with Tom on this and get his thoughts.
Ahhh

yeah.. I suspect a street FA or PS guy being signed to fill the roster until Lee/Hurns becomes available.

Surely they don't trot out 3 WRs for the final 2 games lol
I think we have to resign Arob. Lee I'm still iffy on. He's played well the last few games. But before that was really inconsistent and dropped a lot of needed balls. We have some really good young talent. Interested on what we'll do. But that's down the road. Let's put down San Fran and lock up the division!
Assuming Lee and Hurns don't come back in these next two weeks, I think the performances of Westbrook, Cole, and Mickens will go a long way towards deciding what to do with Arob, Hurns, and Lee next offseason. This is a big two weeks for them.
(12-18-2017, 04:59 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 04:56 PM)scottyg Wrote: [ -> ]I think he was talking about the current roster.  Unless I'm mistaken, Cole, Westbrook and Mickens are the only healthy wideouts on the team.  I'll check with Tom on this and get his thoughts.
Ahhh

yeah.. I suspect a street FA or PS guy being signed to fill the roster until Lee/Hurns becomes available.

I think Pinkard may be day to day this week with the concussion protocol and they have Strong and Montay Crockett on the PS. 

They'll probably be alright with that depth for now. 

(I think you are correct about promoting a PS player)
(12-18-2017, 05:27 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-18-2017, 04:59 PM)Kane Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhh

I think Pinkard may be day to day this week with the concussion protocol and they have Strong and Montay Crockett on the PS. 

They'll probably be alright with that depth for now. 

(I think you are correct about promoting a PS player)

Totally forgot about Pinkard.
Anyone remember the conversation we had earlier this year where it was said you can't find WRs in free agency once the regular season has started that can help out your team. Jaydon Mickens disagrees!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5