Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sexual Assault at Wisconsin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/us/univers...index.html

Based on the logic of this message board, I assume people will say all of the other coeds who allege this guy attacked, groped or molested them in some way are making it up.

This is how we as a society treat victims of sexual assault.
.... hmmmm ..... so all it took was dinner at Chipotle and studying at the campus library to get her (and apparently others) back to his apartment?

I used to have to get girls loaded up on pure grain kool-aid mix and then have to buy them a few chili cheese dogs before they'd even consider heading back to my place.

omg it's exactly the same as the Trump allegations. EXACTLY

I refuse to give CNN.com any clicks, but in any sexual assault claim, you are guilty until proven innocent, right?

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/us/university-wisconsin-student-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html'>http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/27/us/university-wisconsin-student-sexual-assault-allegations/index.html</a>

Based on the logic of this message board, I assume people will say all of the other coeds who allege this guy attacked, groped or molested them in some way are making it up.

This is how we as a society treat victims of sexual assault.

Another childish analogy.

1.) the report was made 4 days later not 4 decades.

2.) the accused didn't deny the encounter.

3.) it was not alleged to have happened in a crowded airplane.

4.) as a society I feel we should be sensitive to the needs of a victim and treat them with the utmost respect and pursuit of justice. That does not include forming a lynch mob and abolishing the 4th amendment right of the accused to due process and the burden of proof.
So the woman just now accusing Clarence Thomas of touching her years after the fact must be lying too. Wish I knew the acceptable time frame to allege sexual assault and not have it roundly rejected.
Quote:I refuse to give CNN.com any clicks, but in any sexual assault claim, you are guilty until proven innocent, right?

It often depends on your race and how much money you have for legal fees. I wish this was a smart aleck response, but it is sadly accurate.
Quote:It often depends on your race and how much money you have for legal fees. I wish this was a smart aleck response, but it is sadly accurate.

Not sure what you are implying. Are you saying a court of law isn't necessary to convict someone of sexual assault? Only somebody's accusation?
Quote:Not sure what you are implying. Are you saying a court of law isn't necessary to convict someone of sexual assault? Only somebody's accusation?
Duh!  It depends on who the person is, silly!  

If the person happens to be married to someone who wears Chairman Mao pantsuits, and tends to be of a larger ankle diameter, then you absolutely dismiss any allegations immediately as pure hogwash.  If it's a conservative, burn them at the stake.  

This entire thread is such a huge reach by a Clinton fan boy who needs people to pay attention to something other than the pure sleaze that is being exposed about his princess. 

Quote:Duh!  It depends on who the person is, silly!  

If the person happens to be married to someone who wears Chairman Mao pantsuits, and tends to be of a larger ankle diameter, then you absolutely dismiss any allegations immediately as pure hogwash.  If it's a conservative, burn them at the stake.  

This entire thread is such a huge reach by a Clinton fan boy who needs people to pay attention to something other than the pure sleaze that is being exposed about his princess. 
A more self aware person would be able to see themselves in the accusations they spew at others. Directing grade school level insults on a constant basis must be much be more gratifying or at least easier for some. 
Quote:A more self aware person would be able to see themselves in the accusations they spew at others. Directing grade school level insults on a constant basis must be much be more gratifying or at least easier for some. 

Truth hurts, eh Nancy?
Actually he's pretty spot on.
Quote:Not sure what you are implying. Are you saying a court of law isn't necessary to convict someone of sexual assault? Only somebody's accusation?

I'm saying a black kid accused of sexual assault or rape is guilty until proven innocent and a white kid whose parents have plenty of money for fancy lawyers will get off no matter how damning the evidence against them is.
Awesome.  So, you can make this a BLM and a Trump issue when neither is relevant.

It remains to be seen if this kid is going to be proven innocent, but when he's not, and he's sentenced, I'm sure you'll issue a mea culpa.  

Quote:Duh! It depends on who the person is, silly!

If the person happens to be married to someone who wears Chairman Mao pantsuits, and tends to be of a larger ankle diameter, then you absolutely dismiss any allegations immediately as pure hogwash. If it's a conservative, burn them at the stake.

You should get used to saying Madam President.
Quote:Awesome. So, you can make this a BLM and a Trump issue when neither is relevant.

It remains to be seen if this kid is going to be proven innocent, but when he's not, and he's sentenced, I'm sure you'll issue a mea culpa.

I never mentioned BLM or Trump. Just pointing out the logic that has been applied on this board. You can look at Brian Banks who spent 5 years in jail for something he didn't do or Brock Turner who got a wrist slap for raping an unconscious girl if you think anything in my last statement is false. The point is.. victims of sexual assault always seem to be discredited, blamed, shamed in some way or outright called liars unless they report the incident they are still processing immediately. The article I linked to shows one woman who spoke up and suddenly multiple other women who were silent felt capable of speaking up on incidents which did not exactly happen a day or two prior. The logic that has been displayed on this board tells me these women all must be lying or seeking some sort of attention.
It works both ways though. Sometimes women who report a legitimate sexual assault are not believed or called liers, sometimes a guy gets accused of a false sexual assault and his life/career is ruined. An example of this is Ched Evans the Welsh footballer who's career was ended a while ago when a girl said he raped her on a night out. He has since been proven innocent.

Basically the simple accusation of sexual assault is not enough to fully believe it happened. Its not people turning a blind eye to sexual assault, its more people treating with healty suspicion until the facts are all out, especially when its a celebrity involved.
Brian Banks spent 5 years in prison for a simple accusation. Brock Turner was caught red handed and chased down by strangers.

Not saying there are not false accusations. But the logic on this board is that is the rule, not the exception.
If only Trump hadn't actually said he gropes women at will, maybe his accusers would be less credible.

Quote:If only Trump hadn't actually said he gropes women at will, maybe his accusers would be less credible.

Yeah, there is that. But then again, it's been an exposure boon for Gloria Allred.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9