Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Westworld
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Anybody watching this? I am enamored with it. Can't recall the last time I started watching a show and less then a season in have already re watched all the current episodes. I'm really enjoying the casting and the performances of said cast. The story is interesting so far and seems to keep getting better.

EDIT:

Mods can someone fix my incredible dumb thread title spelling?
I am.

Gonna be a good one.
I'm loving Westworld. I recall a post in another thread when someone mocked it based on the horrible original, but this version is much better. Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Thandi Newton and Jeffrey Wright are brilliant, as usual.

I dig it.  Watched episode 4 last night. 

Have not see EP 4 yet. I started to watch it and then the GF said she heard it was a great show so now I am re watching the first three eps for the third time with her. 

Watching 4th episode this weekend. Good show so far.
I missed the latest episode, but I will be watching it possibly tonight, depending on how the Jags look.

I really like Westworld so far. I'm still a little lost at times, but overall I enjoy it.

I like it.  Have been watching it since the first week.  I want to continue liking it.  So far, I'm reserving judgement.  JJ Abrams is involved unfortunately (although I believe only as an executive producer) and his projects have a way of going off the rails after promising starts.  We'll see.

With that cast, it's almost impossible to not enjoy the show. 

Love it. Wasn't sure I would even like it.

Very well done.
I like it's not as good as some other HBO shows but it's good to catch on the DVR after I watching walking dead Sunday nights
Thanks !!  now that my kids are semi grown up and independent now, I've been binge watching.   

Just caught episodes 1-5 this weekend.   Very intriguing.

Time to catch Season 1 Episode 1 of The Walking Dead ... yep, never seen it.

Quote:I'm loving Westworld. I recall a post in another thread when someone mocked it based on the horrible original, but this version is much better. Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Thandi Newton and Jeffrey Wright are brilliant, as usual.

I will have to check it out these two are some of my favorite actors
I watched the Pilot. Drifted in and out of the 2nd episode. Haven't really given it a chance. Might go back and play catch up with it after the first season ends though. 

Currently rewatching the first 4 episodes already. A lot of subtleties in there.
Quote:Currently rewatching the first 4 episodes already. A lot of subtleties in there.

I could never do that --- I don't have the patience.  It's almost like they repeat the scenes throughout each episode anyway ...... "Dolores, do you know where you are?"  "Yes, I'm in a dream"

** EDIT ** --- Actually, now that I think about it, watching Episode 1 again now that you know the concept of Hosts and Newcomers wouldn't be a bad idea. 

Just started binge watching, love it.
Quote:I'm loving Westworld. I recall a post in another thread when someone mocked it based on the horrible original, but this version is much better. Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Thandi Newton and Jeffrey Wright are brilliant, as usual.

Horrible original?  The original was a classic.  It was well received except for the usual book purists, which was a very marginal crowd.

For a 1973 film, I think it still holds up pretty well, too.
Quote:Horrible original?  The original was a classic.  It was well received except for the usual book purists, which was a very marginal crowd.

For a 1973 film, I think it still holds up pretty well, too.

Maybe I should give it another try, every time I've watched it I didn't care for it, but it's been about 20 years since I've seen it.
Quote:I could never do that --- I don't have the patience.  It's almost like they repeat the scenes throughout each episode anyway ...... "Dolores, do you know where you are?"  "Yes, I'm in a dream"

** EDIT ** --- Actually, now that I think about it, watching Episode 1 again now that you know the concept of Hosts and Newcomers wouldn't be a bad idea.

Yeah, now that I've wrapped my head around the concept it makes a huge difference rewatching and being able to pick up on some of the implications being made. I won't do it for any more than the first handful of episodes though.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5