Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thanks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For the past week, many Patriots' fans, including myself, have joined this board. Personally, I've had a great experience. Some teams (like Pittsburgh, Miami, and the NYJ) ban posters as soon as they find out you're not a fan of their team. 

I noticed very few instances of rabble rousing from Pats' fans and those 2 or 3 got banned rather quickly. They offered nothing to any conversation. The Jags posters, for the most part, were able to offer valid reasons for thinking Jacksonville will pull an upset, but also understood why NE can win.

Even if the Jags pull off this major upset, I'll be rooting for them against the NFC. However, I'm sure it won't come to that! :-)

Again, thanks for the good conversation. GO PATS!

26 hours, 54 minutes...
Thanks. Cheers to a hard-fought game not decided by refs or injuries. May the best team win.

GO JAGS!!
I mentioned it in another thread a few days ago but it's been good having a few of you around and you're one of them. Thanks for partaking in the board this week and I'm ready for a hard fought game with no injuries on either side. Let's see the best that both teams have and I personally say these are the two best teams the AFC has to offer this year.
Even a basic thanks is a challenge
Interlaced with excrement and blind homerism
"I'm sure it won't come to that"
Personally, I found you guys particularly annoying to read; I'm glad you'd be leaving soon
Save for the open-minded, neutral, and classy Tailgater, what I generally saw was chest thumping and blatant disregard for the opponent's strengths
Hope tomorrow is the start of a prolonged trip back down to Earth for your team
Tailgater, we'll make you an honorary Jag
The rest of you tommy boy's can buzz off

Respectfully Yours,
J. Wright
Way too much arrogance, but at least you’re not as insulting as Bills/Pittsburgh fans. I definitely anticipated a lot worse
(01-20-2018, 02:13 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]Way too much arrogance, but at least you’re not as insulting as Bills/Pittsburgh fans. I definitely anticipated a lot worse

In Brady's 1st year, the Patriots were the upstarts that no one gave a 2nd thought to. Those of us who were fans before Brady/Belichick view things differently. Until this century, the only NE team with success was the Celtics. Long droughts of nothing... This century, 10 titles. Many NE area fans know nothing but winning. They're the ones that give the rest of us a bad name. 

All teams have them, just like the guy above your post. Brit something or other.
I appreciate an opposing team's fan who can bring intelligent conversation to the table. It gives us, and them, a different POV of the teams than what we see on stat sheets. A good example of this is the post "Sacksonville Question". Not many of us have the time or ability or desire to watch every single game our opponents play outside of our mutual game so we don't really know or see the the grind on the field. 

I've learned more this week about the Patriots than I thought I'd ever want to know. Hahaha.... But it's been a good week. A LONG freaking week. Is it tommorow yet? 24 hours!!

GO JAGUARS!!!
Ricko, to me, the premise of this thread was in fair taste. But when infused with you being 'sure' you'd win, it compromises its intent. To me, it puts you in the same light as the new age NE area fans you described above. Surely, you offered some solid takes about matchups, but they were interspersed with just as much downgrading of the Jags.

When I read Darthhoodie's thread about Sacksonville, with inputs from Tailgater, Darth etc, I see genuine neutralness and respect for the opponent that I didn't get from you. My take mate. Go Jags.

Americus, indeed. Our posts crossed.
Hi! I’m not a troll.
If you win it’ll be a major upset, doubt that’ll happen.

Not a troll.
Thanks,

That’s what I got out of it.
The mighty will fall this weekend. The end of the Brady era is nearing and it's time for a new king at the time. Why not us? Why not the Jaguars?

At its best this team is as good as ANYBODY in the NFL this year and that includes the kings in New England.

Sorry GOAT but its Jaguar time now.
(01-20-2018, 04:18 PM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]Ricko, to me, the premise of this thread was in fair taste. But when infused with you being 'sure' you'd win, it compromises its intent. To me, it puts you in the same light as the new age NE area fans you described above. Surely, you offered some solid takes about matchups, but they were interspersed with just as much downgrading of the Jags.

When I read Darthhoodie's thread about Sacksonville, with inputs from Tailgater, Darth etc, I see genuine neutralness and respect for the opponent that I didn't get from you. My take mate. Go Jags.

BritJag, I put the ":-)" smiling face to add some levity to the post. I think (hope) most Jags fans caught that. It wasn't an insult.

Of course I'm not going to be neutral. I think NE is going to win and in many posts I gave my reasons why. I don't think I spoke ill of the Jags at all, but I did mention that Bortles and the Jags D can have some pretty bad games. When I mentioned some of them, Titans, 49ers, and giving up 42 to the Steelers, I think most people here probably agreed. 

From your name and "mate" I assume you're based in the UK or from there? Just curious.
(01-20-2018, 04:35 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 04:18 PM)BritJag Wrote: [ -> ]
BritJag, I put the ":-)" smiling face to add some levity to the post. I think (hope) most Jags fans caught that. It wasn't an insult.

Of course I'm not going to be neutral. I think NE is going to win and in many posts I gave my reasons why. I don't think I spoke ill of the Jags at all, but I did mention that Bortles and the Jags D can have some pretty bad games. When I mentioned some of them, Titans, 49ers, and giving up 42 to the Steelers, I think most people here probably agreed. 

From your name and "mate" I assume you're based in the UK or from there? Just curious.

Ricko- where you from? I'm from Peabody, spend half the time there, half the time here, half the time in Maine, I think that adds up.
This 42 points to the steelers thing is getting old. It tells me you haven’t watched many games and your eyes are not watching the game in its totality.

The score was 28-14 at the half. At that time the defense generated a sack, a td and an interception while blowing up 2 4th down calls.

At the 9 minutes mark in the fourth quarter it was 42 to 28. After Ben threw 2 hailmarys on fourth down to the end zone. At that nine minute mark is when the defense started trading yards and points for clock. Not to mention Ben almost had 3-5 more tipped passes that could have been picked of. Ramsey even dropped one late.

It was 10 point game until Vegas made the call.... I mean Ben scored a td with 1 second left on the clock.

This 42 point narrative is getting old and will be the exact reason many “analyst” and spectators will be upset 7 pm on Sunday. This defense is a top defense. Maybe one of the all time greats and the world (cause wez a global team down here in little ole Jacksonville) will see that tomorrow.
(01-20-2018, 04:47 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]This 42 points to the steelers thing is getting old. It tells me you haven’t watched many games and your eyes are not watching the game in its totality.

The score was 28-14 at the half. At that time the defense generated a sack, a td and an interception while blowing up 2 4th down calls.

At the 9 minutes mark in the fourth quarter it was 42 to 28. After Ben threw 2 hailmarys on fourth down to the end zone. At that nine minute mark is when the defense started trading yards and points for clock. Not to mention Ben almost had 3-5 more tipped passes that could have been picked of. Ramsey even dropped one late.

It was 10 point game until Vegas made the call.... I mean Ben scored a td with 1 second left on the clock.

This 42 point narrative is getting old and will be the exact reason many “analyst” and spectators will be upset 7 pm on Sunday. This defense is a top defense. Maybe one of the all time greats and the world (cause wez a global team down here in little ole Jacksonville) will see that tomorrow.
49ers? Titans X2? Cardinals? Jets? You guys have the Squeelers' number. Those other games are more concerning.

(01-20-2018, 04:47 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 04:35 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]BritJag, I put the ":-)" smiling face to add some levity to the post. I think (hope) most Jags fans caught that. It wasn't an insult.

Ricko- where you from? I'm from Peabody, spend half the time there, half the time here, half the time in Maine, I think that adds up.
Kennebunk, Maine
Ellington, Connecticut
Wells, Maine

I've got a good friend from Peabody, MA. Class of '83. Unfortunately, she's not a good enough friend...
I live in Acton, Maine for a month each year- across 111 toward Sanford. I have season tix to the Jags whenever you want to make the trip. Spent the day in Gloucester arguing football. Good times.
(01-20-2018, 04:58 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 04:47 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]This 42 points to the steelers thing is getting old. It tells me you haven’t watched many games and your eyes are not watching the game in its totality.

49ers? Titans X2? Cardinals? Jets? You guys have the Squeelers' number. Those other games are more concerning.

(01-20-2018, 04:47 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]Ricko- where you from? I'm from Peabody, spend half the time there, half the time here, half the time in Maine, I think that adds up.
Kennebunk, Maine
Ellington, Connecticut
Wells, Maine

I've got a good friend from Peabody, MA. Class of '83. Unfortunately, she's not a good enough friend...

Jets games was an outlier. Some questionable calls and just a bad football loss. The titans are a rival. Those games shouldn’t been seen as a blue print. Cardinals are yet again a bad football loss. Following this team we have never played well on the west coast. And they were desperate. And the 9ers game didn’t matter. Once the pats beat the bills and titans lost to the rams we had won the division and was locked into the 3rd seed. People can say they’ve still had a shot at a first to round bye but that’s nonesense. The pats had the bills and jets as their last 2 opponets. Pitt had houston and the browns. The bills we’re our last hope

Again it appears you haven’t watched much of the jags this year outside of the playoff games this team rises to the big time qbs. They are arrogant and will over look at team if they feel they are inferior. It is what it is. Their goal has been since April to win a championship and they were gonna get there however. They have looked toward the pats all year. We know but you don’t.
(01-20-2018, 04:47 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 04:35 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]BritJag, I put the ":-)" smiling face to add some levity to the post. I think (hope) most Jags fans caught that. It wasn't an insult.

I think you’re missing a half or two somewhere.
(01-20-2018, 05:11 PM)PF* Wrote: [ -> ]I live in Acton, Maine for a month each year- across 111 toward Sanford. I have season tix to the Jags whenever you want to make the trip. Spent the day in Gloucester arguing football. Good times.
I teach in Sanford. Small world, huh?

I'll take you up on that offer next time I'm in FL. I go every 4 years or so.

Any more rumors of the Jags going to London or has that nonsense (hopefully) stopped now that you're in the AFCCG?
(01-20-2018, 01:11 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]For the past week, many Patriots' fans, including myself, have joined this board. Personally, I've had a great experience. Some teams (like Pittsburgh, Miami, and the NYJ) ban posters as soon as they find out you're not a fan of their team. 

I noticed very few instances of rabble rousing from Pats' fans and those 2 or 3 got banned rather quickly. They offered nothing to any conversation. The Jags posters, for the most part, were able to offer valid reasons for thinking Jacksonville will pull an upset, but also understood why NE can win.

Even if the Jags pull off this major upset, I'll be rooting for them against the NFC. However, I'm sure it won't come to that! :-)

26 hours, 54 minutes...

I’ll say this. There are a couple of Patriots fans that have shown up and avoided being obnoxious homers, you included.  We’ve taken care of the nozzles who decided to take a less tactful approach.  

I’ll also say this.  If the Jags pull out the win tomorrow, it will only be an upset in the New England markets and among media hacks who really haven’t been paying attention.  

It would be a monumental win for a young team/franchise like Jacksonville, but in my opinion, if you measure the rosters from top to bottom, the Jags are the better team, so I’d say a win tomorrow is simply taking care of business. 

I see this being a great game tomorrow that will have a significant impact on the league as a whole because I think it will trigger a seed change in the power structure of the AFC.  New England could see their coach walk away once the season is over.  Brady can’t elude biology forever.  If the two of them fade from the landscape, you’re going to see a big step backwards.  You guys have had an incredible historic run, but I think you’re going to hit a pretty strong head wind in the next 24 hours.
(01-20-2018, 05:29 PM)FBT Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-20-2018, 01:11 PM)ricko1112 Wrote: [ -> ]For the past week, many Patriots' fans, including myself, have joined this board. Personally, I've had a great experience. Some teams (like Pittsburgh, Miami, and the NYJ) ban posters as soon as they find out you're not a fan of their team. 

26 hours, 54 minutes...

I’ll say this. There are a couple of Patriots fans that have shown up and avoided being obnoxious homers, you included.  We’ve taken care of the nozzles who decided to take a less tactful approach.  

I’ll also say this.  If the Jags pull out the win tomorrow, it will only be an upset in the New England markets and among media hacks who really haven’t been paying attention.  

It would be a monumental win for a young team/franchise like Jacksonville, but in my opinion, if you measure the rosters from top to bottom, the Jags are the better team, so I’d say a win tomorrow is simply taking care of business. 

I see this being a great game tomorrow that will have a significant impact on the league as a whole because I think it will trigger a seed change in the power structure of the AFC.  New England could see their coach walk away once the season is over.  Brady can’t elude biology forever.  If the two of them fade from the landscape, you’re going to see a big step backwards.  You guys have had an incredible historic run, but I think you’re going to hit a pretty strong head wind in the next 24 hours.
I agree that the Patriots' dynasty is in it's twilight. However, I don't see it ending tomorrow. The Pats have taken care of their business like they always do. 

The Jags have had a great season and hopefully it's not an aberration like Oakland and Miami last year. 

On paper, it should be a low scoring game with 2 defenses that keep teams out of the end zone. In other words, watch it be a shootout!
Pages: 1 2 3