Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Something tells me... or it's just a gut instinct...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
When we looked at the second quarter of the season, it was reasonable to expect a 3-1 record, though most fans want to see a 4-0 record.  I personally was afraid that the Raiders game would be a L though I didn't expect it to be so ugly.

I think that because of the ugly loss, the Jaguars go out on Thursday night and light it up.  I have a feeling that the offense is going to finally move the ball down the field and finish drives with points one way or another.  I also think that the defense finally gets some turnovers and holds the Titan's running game in check.

I don't expect a blowout win by any means, but I think the team improves the second quarter record to 2-1 with a "mini bye" before they face the Chiefs.

The whining and crying fans need to get a hold of themselves.  The season isn't even half over yet, and when you look at how the league is shaking out right now, we haven't lost to any "bad" teams.

I won't predict a final score, but I do think that the Jaguars pull off the win.

Oooh. We might just beat the team with the first overall pick before they traded it away. Progress.

Quote:When we looked at the second quarter of the season, it was reasonable to expect a 3-1 record, though most fans want to see a 4-0 record.  I personally was afraid that the Raiders game would be a L though I didn't expect it to be so ugly.

I think that because of the ugly loss, the Jaguars go out on Thursday night and light it up.  I have a feeling that the offense is going to finally move the ball down the field and finish drives with points one way or another.  I also think that the defense finally gets some turnovers and holds the Titan's running game in check.

I don't expect a blowout win by any means, but I think the team improves the second quarter record to 2-1 with a "mini bye" before they face the Chiefs.

The whining and crying fans need to get a hold of themselves.  The season isn't even half over yet, and when you look at how the league is shaking out right now, we haven't lost to any "bad" teams.

I won't predict a final score, but I do think that the Jaguars pull off the win.
I felt that way about the Raiders game.

At some point we are gonna just put everything together might as well be against the tacks on Thursday!

Can't agree with the bolded more. 
JIB, I admire your attempt to play the "father figure" around here by scolding those who "whine and cry", but what exactly have you seen that gives you any hope things are getting better?
Quote:JIB, I admire your attempt to play the "father figure" around here by scolding those who "whine and cry", but what exactly have you seen that gives you any hope things are getting better?

Well, for one, we've had more than our share of bad luck/breaks...namely tipped pass INTs just off the top of my head. It stands to reason that eventually the proverbial ball will bounce our way, Blake gets out of his funk and we actually look like we belong on an NFL playing field.

I can think of no better time than Thursday and no better opponent for that to happen against than the tacks.
Quote:When we looked at the second quarter of the season, it was reasonable to expect a 3-1 record, though most fans want to see a 4-0 record.  I personally was afraid that the Raiders game would be a L though I didn't expect it to be so ugly.

How long have people been saying that? Serious question, I'm not being a wise [BAD WORD REMOVED].

2007 was our last winning season. I was still gluing magazine pages in the bathroom in 2007. Is this "whining and crying" any less important than the "whining and crying" was then? Its your opinion, but there isn't even time to panic anymore. A team In year four, with high draft picks, that spent nearly 200 million dollars in FA this off season, cant coach their way to win against sub par teams. 

Its over man. Gus Bradley could win next week, and it would still mean nothing. NFL coaches dont live paycheck to paycheck. Time to hit the button again.

Quote:Well, for one, we've had more than our share of bad luck/breaks...namely tipped pass INTs just off the top of my head. It stands to reason that eventually the proverbial ball will bounce our way, Blake gets out of his funk and we actually look like we belong on an NFL playing field.

I can think of no better time than Thursday and no better opponent for that to happen against than the tacks.
Another win against a bad team does not change anything about this team or it's outlook. It just postpones the inevitable.
Quote:JIB, I admire your attempt to play the "father figure" around here by scolding those who "whine and cry", but what exactly have you seen that gives you any hope things are getting better?

I don't know where you get the "father figure" bit, but oh well.

As far as "scolding" those who whine and cry, it gets pretty old.  I suspect that many of the fans that whine and cry have not been watching NFL football as long as I have.  I also suspect that many have been brought up in the Madden/game age and/or they are used to college football.

I can't really put a finger on anything that I've seen that "gives me any hope than things are getting better", but you know what?  There is very little difference between a winning NFL team and a losing one.  I didn't like the loss this past Sunday, especially the way that it happened.  I think that the players are probably more embarrassed than the fans.  Something tells me that we'll see a different team on a national stage Thursday night.
lol they aren't winning a thing, the season is over 

LOL, he's a figure all right...

[Image: thecurseoftheflyinghellfish3_thumb.png]

He is saying the exact same thing I have to remind people every week in a different way: Regardless of whether we win or lose and how we win or lose, this team has improved in some ways and does not deserve criticism for everything that happens. Whiners only want to be negative all the time. They love to be miserable. So they make up stuff just to spout reasons we suck. It happens every single week even after wins. If you don't enjoy wins and like what we do right; if you're not interested in watching Jaguars games; if you don't care who wins or want the Jaguars to lose, why do you call yourself a Jaguars fan? People who whine and cry say stuff like that.
Quote:I don't know where you get the "father figure" bit, (truncated)

Agreed...

[Image: abe-simpson-soundboard-445580-2-s-307x512.jpg]
Quote:He is saying the exact same thing I have to remind people every week in a different way: Regardless of whether we win or lose and how we win or lose, this team has improved in some ways and does not deserve criticism for everything that happens. Whiners only want to be negative all the time. They love to be miserable. So they make up stuff just to spout reasons we suck. It happens every single week even after wins. If you don't enjoy wins and like what we do right; if you're not interested in watching Jaguars games; if you don't care who wins or want the Jaguars to lose, why do you call yourself a Jaguars fan? People who whine and cry say stuff like that.

You start threads about games you don't even watch and are a fan of at least 3 teams. Your criticisms on peoples fanhood is hilarious, but that goes without saying.
Quote:lol they aren't winning a thing, the season is over 

:"It is not over until it's over."

We won two games.
Quote:Oooh. We might just beat the team with the first overall pick before they traded it away. Progress.
So the win is meaningless but the loss devastating? That's really logical. :wacko:
Quote:You start threads about games you don't even watch and are a fan of at least 3 teams. Your criticisms on people's fanhood is hilarious, but that goes without saying.

Amelia is the one who does that. And being a fan of three teams does not affect how much I love the Jaguars.
Quote::"It is not over until it's over."

We won two games.

The season is over...we're watching a rerun now, we saw this show last year. 

Quote:So the win is meaningless but the loss devastating? That's really logical.

LOL That is impossible. Everyone knows every win is good and every loss is bad.
Quote:LOL That is impossible. Everyone knows every win is good and every loss is bad.
Piehole!!!......Zip it.
Quote:The season is over...we're watching a rerun now, we saw this show last year. 

We have 10 games left. The season is not over until after 4:00 on New Year's Day. If you don't believe me, look it up.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6