Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Gutless playcalling lost this game.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
100% went into the fetal position thinking Tom Brady wasn't gonna score some points.

TEXTBOOK example of playing not to lose(and failing).
Naw Blake just couldn’t get it done when he had the ball. Should have got a td instead of a feild goal and couldnt get anything done after getting down to their 38. He’s my guy but he didn’t get it done and Brady did
Nope, extractor is right. Got too conservative, especially on first down.
The ultra conservative play calling was horrendous
This and the refs spotting 7 points
(01-21-2018, 07:16 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Naw Blake just couldn’t get it done when he had the ball. Should have got a td instead of a feild goal and couldnt get anything done after getting down to their 38. He’s my guy but he didn’t get it done and Brady did

Give me a break! Perfect throw, good play
(01-21-2018, 07:16 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Naw Blake just couldn’t get it done when he had the ball. Should have got a td instead of a feild goal and couldnt get anything done after getting down to their 38. He’s my guy but he didn’t get it done and Brady did

On two occasions we were backed up against the end zone and desperately needed a first down. What did we do on both occasions? Run Fournette up the middle. Both Blake and Hackett are inconsistent. That will be changed during the off season.

Not Blake's fault.  Play-calling was bad majority of the 2nd half.
Tear is right. Conservative calls starting as soon as Blake had a bad series (beginning of the third quarter). Not one QB draw or keep on a read the whole game. I get that our D is good, but it's TOM FRIGGIN' BRADY: GOAT. Keep the pressure on.
(01-21-2018, 07:18 PM)Jest101 Wrote: [ -> ]

Not Blake's fault.  Play-calling was bad majority of the 2nd half.

Thank you!
Hackett needs to go. His 1st down play calling in the 2nd half decided this game.
Not mad with the way we played or called the game. Proud of these guys. My only questions is why we dont run on first down after the big play to westbrook from the 38. The key to our solid drives were positive plays on 1st down. We had the 2 minite and 3 TOs. Pick up some yardage and get into a 3rd and manageable. Other than that, great season and what a ride it was. Go Jags!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On every single one of our series in the 2nd half we started with a run up the middle for 1 or less. We only didn't run up the middle on the last series to try and win. Hackett needs to be fired this off season.
Y’all are trippin lol. This is why Brady is Brady. He makes that throw over the corner. It was a great throw. Brady makes a perfect throw. It is what it is. I still love Blake and think he developing just fine. I’ve watched Brady do this for years. When it’s time to make plays he does. Blake will be better for this
Nope....refs blowing whistle on the fumble when Jack had all the daylight in front of him. You can beat TB12....you can't beat the league.
(01-21-2018, 07:19 PM)Last42min Wrote: [ -> ]Tear is right. Conservative calls starting as soon as Blake had a bad series (beginning of the third quarter). Not one QB draw or keep on a read the whole game. I get that our D is good, but it's TOM FRIGGIN' BRADY:  GOAT. Keep the pressure on.

Brady just showed why he is GOAT. He picked apart the defense when it went zone. All good QBs do that.
I agree with the comments regarding Hackett. The defense also choked as well. Up 10 points against a Gronkless team in the 4th... and you call yourself the best D in the game... straight up choked.
(01-21-2018, 07:20 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hackett needs to go. His 1st down play calling in the 2nd half decided this game.

Hackett "can" call some really good games.  I think Marrone needs to keep him but tell him he will fire him on the spot if he ever calls a middle-draw on 1st down ever, again, like until eternity.
(01-21-2018, 07:20 PM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: [ -> ]Y’all are trippin lol. This is why Brady is Brady. He makes that throw over the corner. It was a great throw. Brady makes a perfect throw. It is what it is. I still love Blake and think he developing just fine. I’ve watched Brady do this for years. When it’s time to make plays he does. Blake will be better for this
Brady had 2 TDs. I repeat 2 TDs. That's a miracle. Our defense did their job. If we kept scoring on every series. A FG every time we win easily.
Run, run. Pass doesn't work up three? Who woulda thought.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7