Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jalen wants OBJ here
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: Screenshot_20180405-134141_Twitter.jpg]
From a pure talent standpoint, OBJ would be a welcome addition.

Considering the cost to keep him, and the resulting cost to keep other key players, he wouldn't be so welcome.

Further considering the off field stuff, including he recent videotape release, I would say absolutely not.
Chris Carter said he sees him as a good fit here. My issue is if that is even on Tom and Dave's mind, how the heck do we pay him? I don't see it happening. But if it did and they can sign him smartly, I'm all for it.
(04-05-2018, 01:46 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]From a pure talent standpoint, OBJ would be a welcome addition.

Considering the cost to keep him, and the resulting cost to keep other key players, he wouldn't be so welcome.

Further considering the off field stuff, including he recent videotape release, I would say absolutely not.

I do agree. As good as he is a player, how we could pay him is beyond me
Only way I like this is because it would make my son a Jags fan. He is all about OBJ.
Jalen hitin' a little bit of the Hennessy last night ?
Jalen also wanted Colvin and a Rob back

Oops
Lee and Moncrief together would make as much as OBJ will once he gets his new deal, soooo ya much rather have OBJ.

OBJ
Westbrook
Cole
Or
Lee
Moncrief
Westbrook
Cole
Blake and OBJ would make the sickest one-handed catch highlight montage.
Jalen Ramsey would be a GM like Tom Coughlin was in 2000. Rely on an expansion team to bail you out.
(04-05-2018, 03:13 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Jalen Ramsey would be a GM like Tom Coughlin was in 2000.  Rely on an expansion team to bail you out.

Laughing

I've seen Ramsey advocate for

Dalvin Cook
Colvin
Robinson
OBJ
and Derwin James.

I'm sure I'm missing a player or two.  Sometimes it's good to hear a player's opinion on stuff.
(04-05-2018, 03:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2018, 03:13 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: [ -> ]Jalen Ramsey would be a GM like Tom Coughlin was in 2000.  Rely on an expansion team to bail you out.

Laughing

Dalvin Cook
Colvin
Robinson
OBJ
and Derwin James.

I'm sure I'm missing a player or two.  Sometimes it's good to hear a player's opinion on stuff.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Lamar Jackson too.

We wouldn't be able to re-sign Ramsey if we had everyone Ramsey wanted
(04-05-2018, 03:43 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2018, 03:33 PM)Bullseye Wrote: [ -> ]Laughing

Dalvin Cook
Colvin
Robinson
OBJ
and Derwin James.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and Lamar Jackson too.

We wouldn't be able to re-sign Ramsey if we had everyone Ramsey wanted

I know, right!

I think his heart is in the right place (wanting to acquire talent to win).
Lest we forget Ramsey wanted Deshaun Watson too.

Smart guy!
If we could trade our#29 and one of our sixth rounds picks for OBJ, I'd make the trade... but I'm not giving up the king's ransom the Giants are asking for. 
OBJ would be throwing constant tantrums if he had to go up against Jalen regularly. He hates physicality.
(04-05-2018, 09:09 PM)RedRooster28 Wrote: [ -> ]OBJ would be throwing constant tantrums if he had to go up against Jalen regularly.  He hates physicality.

He also wouldn't get the targets he wanted and he won't be thrilled about how much they ask him to block either.
Both good, valid points Achilles.
If Tom Coughlin is still a 'personal character over talent' guy, he won't go for it. It's not ultimately his decision but you better believe he has a say in the matter.
Pages: 1 2 3 4