Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fournette comes in at #58 in top 100.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Discuss.
I like Fournette, I really do, but the fact that he is rated so far ahead of Ngakoue and Telvin Smith is a joke. Personally, I would switch Fournette to Ngakoue's spot, move Ngakoue to Telvin's spot and move Telvin to Fournette's spot.
Go Jags!
Really? #58? Flawed. Telvin and Yannick definitely had better years than Fournette. They should be ranked ahead of him. Oh well. Either way, I'm glad to see some Jags getting some love.
He has no business being ahead of Telvin, or Ngakoue on this list. He probably shouldn't have even been on the list, but I guess people loved him waving on Mitchell to come get some. It was cool to see though since you never see players welcome contact like that anymore. But when you're 240 pounds going against somebody who is 220 pounds, I'd hope you'd welcome that contact.

None the less, this past season is hopefully his floor, because it really wasn't all that great.
Hes gonna lead the league this year in rushing
(05-21-2018, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Hes gonna lead the league this year in rushing

I'd rather that he can just get through the year without another chronic foot/ankle injury, like hes had for the past multiple years.
#58: Leonard Fournette (RB, Jaguars) | Top 100 Players of NFL | 2018

Good mention but short tribute. Looks like he’ll be the only offensive player representing for the Jags but I could be wrong.
(05-21-2018, 10:49 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]#58: Leonard Fournette (RB, Jaguars) | Top 100 Players of NFL | 2018

Good mention but short tribute. Looks like he’ll be the only offensive player representing for the Jags but I could be wrong.

I definitely don't see any other Offensive players making the list. Bortles would be the one that comes to mind, but I think we all know that's not going to happen. He isn't a top 50 player in the league right now.

Cole definitely didn't do enough to get on the list and I don't know who else you'd put on there from the Offensive side of the ball.

I read rumors that we had 6 players on the top 100 list this year? 3 of them are off the board in Ngakoue, Telvin and Fournette. You'd have to assume that the other 3 have got to be Bouye, Campbell and Ramsey. I don't see how these 3 can't be on this list. You could add Malik Jackson to that list as well. I don't know how he can't be on the list considering he's one of the top 3 Techs in the league.
I got a good laugh out of it so for that alone I approve.
I'm excited to see what Fournette is going to do this season with Norwell and Linder blocking up front for him. Replace Cann with someone who can actually run block, and there's no telling the damage they can do on the ground. Fournette is so big and fast that if he gets going late in games he'll just destroy teams like he did in college. 
This list must have nothing to do with the player's most recent season... Fournette only played every other game. He was good but there were much better contributors.
(05-21-2018, 10:44 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Hes gonna lead the league this year in rushing

Yep. I think this too. Hes gonna have a monster year.
I agree that telvin and Yannick should be higher than 4nette based on last years performance... but I really do think 4nette has the ceiling to be the best RB in the game.
I like how in the clip, towards the end, it shows him getting the diving TD @ Pitt and then you hear Marrone "Awesome job! You keep running like that!"

Just the tone in his voice is refreshing still after Gus.
(05-22-2018, 08:38 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I like how in the clip, towards the end, it shows him getting the diving TD @ Pitt and then you hear Marrone "Awesome job! You keep running like that!"

Just the tone in his voice is refreshing still after Gus.

Everything is refreshing post Gus Bus.  Heck the team announcing they are repainting the field feels awesome.
Gotta say Keenum coming in at 51 is a major flub as well.
Interesting. Maybe the players value more offense over defense. But I agree with most of you on here. I don't think he should be ranked higher than Telvin Smith or Yannick Ngakoue but it's still a good sign of respect the players have for him already.

He did have a good season despite nagging injuries, missing a few games, etc. Can't forget this guy had the fastest play from scrimmage at one point or still holds it from last year and then within a week or two later he damn near breaks or ties that MPH speed on the football field. Can't forget the waving of Mitchell to bring it on too in Pittsburgh.

I think he also faced the most 8 man fronts all year long last year. I think it was in the high 50's or 60's percentage wise.
(05-21-2018, 10:59 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-21-2018, 10:49 PM)CAPTAIN Wrote: [ -> ]#58: Leonard Fournette (RB, Jaguars) | Top 100 Players of NFL | 2018

I definitely don't see any other Offensive players making the list. Bortles would be the one that comes to mind, but I think we all know that's not going to happen. He isn't a top 50 player in the league right now.

Cole definitely didn't do enough to get on the list and I don't know who else you'd put on there from the Offensive side of the ball.

I read rumors that we had 6 players on the top 100 list this year? 3 of them are off the board in Ngakoue, Telvin and Fournette. You'd have to assume that the other 3 have got to be Bouye, Campbell and Ramsey. I don't see how these 3 can't be on this list. You could add Malik Jackson to that list as well. I don't know how he can't be on the list considering he's one of the top 3 Techs in the league.

I would think Norwell has to make the list, he's arguably one of the top 2 guards in the league.  While he wasn't a Jag last year, he is now and would count towards our total number on the list.
(05-22-2018, 09:10 AM)JaguarKick Wrote: [ -> ]Gotta say Keenum coming in at 51 is a major flub as well.

That one gave me a good laugh. I wouldn't even put him in the top 100.
Pages: 1 2 3