Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Because irony is ironic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Feel free to discuss, call it fake news, Photoshopped, tell me I'm obsessed, a card carrying member of the Cult of the Left, whatever. You can't make this [BLEEP] up...

[Image: 35283706_10160330723385167_6544556541557...e=5BC51145]
I could be wrong since the zoom on my phone is not the greatest, but I think this is a towel. The material looks thicker then a flag would be. Still it's not something I would do myself. Very ironic though.
What's to discuss?
(06-14-2018, 08:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]What's to discuss?

I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.

I offered several options, yours was unmentioned but accepted. It goes without saying Dr. Spock has no appreciation or recognition of irony.
(06-14-2018, 08:56 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.

If it's an exact replica of a flag made with terry cloth, why is it not a flag? Are flags flags because of the material?

More to the point, would you be offended if he burned the towel?
(06-14-2018, 07:43 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong since the zoom on my phone is not the greatest, but I think this is a towel.  The material looks thicker then a flag would be.  Still it's not something I would do myself.   Very ironic though.

Thank you, for understanding my point. 

I'm more offended by the straw in his beer. Can a grown man be more lazy?
Jets fan, probably to be expected.
(06-14-2018, 09:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 07:43 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]I could be wrong since the zoom on my phone is not the greatest, but I think this is a towel.  The material looks thicker then a flag would be.  Still it's not something I would do myself.   Very ironic though.

Thank you, for understanding my point. 

Those of us with facial hair appreciate having a straw when drinking beer. However he doesn't appear to have facial hair.
(06-14-2018, 11:15 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 09:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you, for understanding my point. 

Those of us with facial hair appreciate having a straw when drinking beer. However he doesn't appear to have facial hair.

I've got a full on mountain man beard with accompanying mustache...

I've never in my life drank a beer through a straw
(06-14-2018, 09:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 08:56 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.

If it's an exact replica of a flag made with terry cloth, why is it not a flag? Are flags flags because of the material?

Are you freaking serious? Gee I don't know, maybe because people don't fly beach towels on flag poles, people don't salute beach towels, and beach towels are made to lay on/dry off with?  Rolleyes  If somebody burned a towel, because it looked like a flag, I wouldn't be offended..I would laugh at their stupidity and think they were very cheap or broke for not even being able to spring for a real flag.

Anyways there's nothing "ironic" about this unless they were playing the National anthem while that picture was taken...the flag here is inconsequential.
Hypocrites on both sides of the fence.  

As I noted on another post, in my local sports bar (where most people are vocally in favor of standing for the national anthem), those same people won't even shut up and listen to the national anthem, much less standing for it prior to the TV televising playoff games in various sports.
(06-15-2018, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Hypocrites on both sides of the fence.  

As I noted on another post, in my local sports bar (where most people are vocally in favor of standing for the national anthem), those same people won't even shut up and listen to the national anthem, much less standing for it prior to the TV televising playoff games in various sports.

You think people are hypocritical, because people don't stand in the middle of a bar when the anthem is being played on TV? That's just silly.
(06-15-2018, 09:25 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2018, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Hypocrites on both sides of the fence.  

You think people are hypocritical, because people don't stand in the middle of a bar when the anthem is being played on TV? That's just silly.

Yea.. why would civilians do that? People in the military have to though.. that's why a lot avoid places that do it.
As I look at the picture you have offered up, it appears that it has been tampered with.
The flag is cut and pasted in the position to fool you
As I see it you been fooled posting this
(06-15-2018, 11:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-15-2018, 09:25 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: [ -> ]You think people are hypocritical, because people don't stand in the middle of a bar when the anthem is being played on TV? That's just silly.

Yea.. why would civilians do that? People in the military have to though.. that's why a lot avoid places that do it.

I was in the military and let me tell you, we'd have our arses handed to us if we were ever caught in a bar off base in our uniforms (outside of the VFW or American Legion).

Off the clock and off base in civilian clothes..I was not required by my command to stand for the National anthem that's playing on a TV, especially in a bar. 

The C.O.s I had preferred that we changed out into our civies before we left the base for the day, but if we couldn't he wanted us to go home making as little stops as possible, because some crazy people out there actually target military personnel. We were instructed to keep a low profile.. that was 2002 post 9/11
[attachment=76]

Here is the reciprocal picture
(06-14-2018, 06:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Feel free to discuss, call it fake news, Photoshopped, tell me I'm obsessed, a card carrying member of the Cult of the Left, whatever. You can't make this [BLEEP] up...

Thats a towel. Interesting point, but not the same.
(06-17-2018, 08:49 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 06:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]Feel free to discuss, call it fake news, Photoshopped, tell me I'm obsessed, a card carrying member of the Cult of the Left, whatever. You can't make this [BLEEP] up...

Thats a towel. Interesting point, but not the same.

Based on what evidence? I don't think anyone can conclusively say if it's a flag or a towel based on the photo. However, since it has a heading, which would be pointless in a towel, my guess is that it is likely to be a flag.
(06-14-2018, 09:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 08:56 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.

This brings up an interesting question. If you buy a towel that looks like a flag can you use it as a towel without being unpatriotic?
Pages: 1 2