Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Because irony is ironic

Feel free to discuss, call it fake news, Photoshopped, tell me I'm obsessed, a card carrying member of the Cult of the Left, whatever. You can't make this [BLEEP] up...

[Image: 35283706_10160330723385167_6544556541557...e=5BC51145]
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I could be wrong since the zoom on my phone is not the greatest, but I think this is a towel. The material looks thicker then a flag would be. Still it's not something I would do myself. Very ironic though.

What's to discuss?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(06-14-2018, 08:38 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: What's to discuss?

I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

I offered several options, yours was unmentioned but accepted. It goes without saying Dr. Spock has no appreciation or recognition of irony.
- Bob Marley

(06-14-2018, 08:56 PM)Jagwired Wrote:

I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.

If it's an exact replica of a flag made with terry cloth, why is it not a flag? Are flags flags because of the material?

More to the point, would you be offended if he burned the towel?
- Bob Marley

(06-14-2018, 07:43 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: I could be wrong since the zoom on my phone is not the greatest, but I think this is a towel.  The material looks thicker then a flag would be.  Still it's not something I would do myself.   Very ironic though.

Thank you, for understanding my point. 

I'm more offended by the straw in his beer. Can a grown man be more lazy?
- Bob Marley

Jets fan, probably to be expected.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-14-2018, 09:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 07:43 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: I could be wrong since the zoom on my phone is not the greatest, but I think this is a towel.  The material looks thicker then a flag would be.  Still it's not something I would do myself.   Very ironic though.

Thank you, for understanding my point. 

Those of us with facial hair appreciate having a straw when drinking beer. However he doesn't appear to have facial hair.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(06-14-2018, 11:15 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 09:37 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Thank you, for understanding my point. 

Those of us with facial hair appreciate having a straw when drinking beer. However he doesn't appear to have facial hair.

I've got a full on mountain man beard with accompanying mustache...

I've never in my life drank a beer through a straw

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 08:48 AM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-14-2018, 09:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 08:56 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.

If it's an exact replica of a flag made with terry cloth, why is it not a flag? Are flags flags because of the material?

Are you freaking serious? Gee I don't know, maybe because people don't fly beach towels on flag poles, people don't salute beach towels, and beach towels are made to lay on/dry off with?  Rolleyes  If somebody burned a towel, because it looked like a flag, I wouldn't be offended..I would laugh at their stupidity and think they were very cheap or broke for not even being able to spring for a real flag.

Anyways there's nothing "ironic" about this unless they were playing the National anthem while that picture was taken...the flag here is inconsequential.

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 09:08 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Hypocrites on both sides of the fence.  

As I noted on another post, in my local sports bar (where most people are vocally in favor of standing for the national anthem), those same people won't even shut up and listen to the national anthem, much less standing for it prior to the TV televising playoff games in various sports.

(06-15-2018, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hypocrites on both sides of the fence.  

As I noted on another post, in my local sports bar (where most people are vocally in favor of standing for the national anthem), those same people won't even shut up and listen to the national anthem, much less standing for it prior to the TV televising playoff games in various sports.

You think people are hypocritical, because people don't stand in the middle of a bar when the anthem is being played on TV? That's just silly.

(06-15-2018, 09:25 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 09:06 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Hypocrites on both sides of the fence.  

You think people are hypocritical, because people don't stand in the middle of a bar when the anthem is being played on TV? That's just silly.

Yea.. why would civilians do that? People in the military have to though.. that's why a lot avoid places that do it.

As I look at the picture you have offered up, it appears that it has been tampered with.
The flag is cut and pasted in the position to fool you
As I see it you been fooled posting this
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(This post was last modified: 06-15-2018, 04:24 PM by TurndownforWatt.)

(06-15-2018, 11:06 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(06-15-2018, 09:25 AM)TurndownforWatt Wrote: You think people are hypocritical, because people don't stand in the middle of a bar when the anthem is being played on TV? That's just silly.

Yea.. why would civilians do that? People in the military have to though.. that's why a lot avoid places that do it.

I was in the military and let me tell you, we'd have our arses handed to us if we were ever caught in a bar off base in our uniforms (outside of the VFW or American Legion).

Off the clock and off base in civilian clothes..I was not required by my command to stand for the National anthem that's playing on a TV, especially in a bar. 

The C.O.s I had preferred that we changed out into our civies before we left the base for the day, but if we couldn't he wanted us to go home making as little stops as possible, because some crazy people out there actually target military personnel. We were instructed to keep a low profile.. that was 2002 post 9/11

.png   Screenshot_173.png (Size: 391.06 KB / Downloads: 136)

Here is the reciprocal picture
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(06-14-2018, 06:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Feel free to discuss, call it fake news, Photoshopped, tell me I'm obsessed, a card carrying member of the Cult of the Left, whatever. You can't make this [BLEEP] up...

Thats a towel. Interesting point, but not the same.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(06-17-2018, 08:49 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 06:43 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Feel free to discuss, call it fake news, Photoshopped, tell me I'm obsessed, a card carrying member of the Cult of the Left, whatever. You can't make this [BLEEP] up...

Thats a towel. Interesting point, but not the same.

Based on what evidence? I don't think anyone can conclusively say if it's a flag or a towel based on the photo. However, since it has a heading, which would be pointless in a towel, my guess is that it is likely to be a flag.

(06-14-2018, 09:31 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(06-14-2018, 08:56 PM)Jagwired Wrote: I'm guessing that really the only conversation that could be had is if that is a flag. If it is, of course it obviously should not be on the ground with some dudes [BLEEP] on it. I figure it is probably a towel so really not anything to discuss.

This brings up an interesting question. If you buy a towel that looks like a flag can you use it as a towel without being unpatriotic?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"