Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Game balls and Duds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Jack
Yannick
Campbell
Lambo

Duds
Norwell: both a bad penalty and a easy sack given up
Bortles : Atleast 3 ints missed by giants
The entire second half offense: They got shut down after half
Moncrief: Lazy efforts
The punter stunk today
Robinson:played poor and stupid penalties

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk
Thought the run defense played very well minus the one big run....so Darreus/Malik/Jones played well
Ditto for the dud on Moncrief, just looked soft. Didn't fight for the ball on that pick by Jenkins, you have 5 inches plus wingspan on the guy and you dont even go up? looked like he ran the wrong route at one point too since i dont think Bortles was just THAT off. Norwell seemed to have some comunication issues too, missing that time during the summer really didn't help his cohesion with the OLine, and a new playbook ma mean some growing pains the first few weeks but he'll be ok given time.

Cam Robinson is Khalif Barnes 2.0. All the talent in the world, taken in the 2nd round when he should have gone higher, plays with an attitude that causes boneheaded penalties that just dont seem to get fixed. Has streaks of great play (like last year) then just inexplicably gets beat. if Father Time catches up with Parnell I'd consider moving Cam there and finding an upgrade on the left side.

As for Game Ball. DJ Hayden easy, played well in coverage, tackled well. Made the play on the final drive by the Giants and recovered the muffed punt on special teams, he just simply came to play and is already at the level of Colvin if not better imho.
Cam Robinson get my dud of the week award.
Oline...no push running the ball and multiple false starts. Better get a lot better if we want to run the ball.
(09-09-2018, 04:53 PM)Firesky Wrote: [ -> ]Ditto for the dud on Moncrief, just looked soft. Didn't fight for the ball on that pick by Jenkins, you have 5 inches plus wingspan on the guy and you dont even go up? looked like he ran the wrong route at one point too since i dont think Bortles was just THAT off. Norwell seemed to have some comunication issues too, missing that time during the summer really didn't help his cohesion with the OLine, and a new playbook ma mean some growing pains the first few weeks but he'll be ok given time.

Cam Robinson is Khalif Barnes 2.0. All the talent in the world, taken in the 2nd round when he should have gone higher, plays with an attitude that causes boneheaded penalties that just dont seem to get fixed. Has streaks of great play (like last year) then just inexplicably gets beat. if Father Time catches up with Parnell I'd consider moving Cam there and finding an upgrade on the left side.

As for Game Ball. DJ Hayden easy, played well in coverage, tackled well. Made the play on the final drive by the Giants and recovered the muffed punt on special teams, he just simply came to play and is already at the level of Colvin if not better imho.

Donald Payne rexovered the muff.
Game ball: Defensive line. 

Dud: Game planning and Blair Brown for that dumb as hell penalty.
Game balls: entire dline and Jack

Dud: Robinson, Norwell, and coaching. We just can't do a whole 'nother season playing this style of offensive football and expect to scrape by so often. We even got the defensive TD and it was still a nail biter against an overmatched team.
Jacob's gets a game ball for me and Church also. Church saved a TD with his PI where he was 1 on 1 because of Ramsey. Ramsey a dud for me, got beat all game by OBJ after all the trash he has talked

Dline and Jack where the best players on the field though
(09-09-2018, 05:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Jacob's gets a game ball for me and Church also.  Church saved a TD with his PI where he was 1 on 1 because of Ramsey.  Ramsey a dud for me, got beat all game by OBJ after all the trash he has talked

This sucks! I was wondering how that matchup went. Evidently not as well as expected.
(09-09-2018, 05:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ] Ramsey a dud for me, got beat all game by OBJ after all the trash he has talked

L M F A O

good to know you are a forrest gump levels of IQ Smile
(09-09-2018, 05:52 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ] Ramsey a dud for me, got beat all game by OBJ after all the trash he has talked

L M F A O

So Ramsey did do well against OBJ?
(09-09-2018, 05:52 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: [ -> ]

L M F A O

Should of watched the game, wasnt even counting the PI. Ramsey would of got beat for a lot more if Eli was half way accurate
(09-09-2018, 05:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:52 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: [ -> ]L M F A O

80 yards against picks, the rest in zone.

TALENT!!!!

Time to use your eyes Smile
(09-09-2018, 05:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:19 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Jacob's gets a game ball for me and Church also.  Church saved a TD with his PI where he was 1 on 1 because of Ramsey.  Ramsey a dud for me, got beat all game by OBJ after all the trash he has talked

This sucks! I was wondering how that matchup went. Evidently not as well as expected.

It’s actually a bit misleading. The jags played quite a bit of zone coverage which allowed him to be open  in the gaps of coverage.  There was also an uncalled illegal pick and a questionable PI call. 

That said - Beckham indeed got open against Ramsey one on one a number of times. A bit more than I’d like to see for sure. There was also some good coverage mixed in.
(09-09-2018, 05:55 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]So Ramsey did do well against OBJ?

80 yards against picks, the rest in zone.

TALENT!!!!

Time to use your eyes Smile

If I could watch the games then I would. I'm kinda out of market here in NC so I was watching Pittsburgh at Cleveland.

(09-09-2018, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]This sucks! I was wondering how that matchup went. Evidently not as well as expected.

It’s actually a bit misleading. The jags played quite a bit of zone coverage which allowed him to be open  in the gaps of coverage.  There was also an uncalled illegal pick and a questionable PI call. 

That said - Beckham indeed got open against Ramsey one on one a number of times. A bit more than I’d like to see for sure. There was also some good coverage mixed in.

Thanks! I love/hate football season. Love it because it's football seasin, hate it because I can't see the games without going to some shady site to stream.
(09-09-2018, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:50 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]This sucks! I was wondering how that matchup went. Evidently not as well as expected.

Yeah there was a lot of zone mixed in and some of the zone was Ramseys responsibility. If you talk the trash Ramsey did you cant get beat the amount of times he did, not to mention the few times he got juked out of his shoes by OBJ.
(09-09-2018, 05:53 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2018, 05:52 PM)jags_r_bake Wrote: [ -> ]L M F A O

Not really.  Ramsey is good but he's no Neon Deion.
Pretty sure jas_r_bake watched a different game than the rest of us. Or was baked. Or both
(09-09-2018, 06:07 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure jas_r_bake watched a different game than the rest of us.   Or was baked.  Or both

I dont think he watched it
Pages: 1 2 3 4